Don Deity: Warlords 2.08, huge random continents map, epic speed

1c, 2b, 3c, 4a, 5b

I go for those, only change to your own choices being 4a, which stands for the same reason tempuraki gave. I like AI fighting one another. And it will give the enemy another target other than you, so they won't send all their units on you. But pushing alex to the war might mean pushing bren to the war, if bren likes alex so much, very likely that alex may bring him to the battle. Which may be bad, as stated. Still... worth the risk.

And although I do agree that a sidekick can be fun, I think this tale is more about conquering everything there is.

I'm looking foward to see the rest of the world although. I hope you don't get wiped out in this war.

Ash has troops wandering around English territory. This adds a complication in addition to the fact that Ash can see whatever the cities produce. Ash is real good friends with Alex in that they trade techs with each other.
I'm not convinced that Ash will be behind in tech given a leisurely build up or in troop numbers.

I'd trade for the techs immediately, chop as many knights as I could and change the GP to try to produce a GE to take some turns off gunpowder and then tpgrade as many knights as i could afford. A great artist to do a great work in the easternmost city advances the frontier towards their border cities. Don Deity may have to begin with half the forces he would have liked and risk rushing cities without bombardment first.

This is a great story!
Fine to have a possibility to participate in by voting.
1c,2b,3c,4a,5a
You should have as much tropps as possible.
Better to attack Ash at this stage, once there are lands captured, there will be more power to go for remaining two who have larger armies.
Reason for infliting AI attacks is already given, anybody attacking anybody other then you would help regalrdless of amount of units they can build.
Vassals would be more interesting for the story rather then just kicking them off.

Where do we stand so far:

1c: Take as much cavalry as possible: 7 (all agreed so far)
2b: Take trebs also: 7 (all agreed so far)
3c: Attack Ash: 7 (all agreed so far)
4a: Inflict a war among the neigbours: 4 ... 4b: Don´t inflict war among...:3 (Looks like we are going to try and inflict a war. I will check what´s possible here and let you now)
5a: No vassals: 5 ... 5b: Vassals: 2 (Not decided, but bidased towards no vassals so far, lets see how the next votes will be)

Something else:

Scarredroman has brought up two good points more why we should go for Ash, a reason why we must defend all borders at least a little and one more reason why we should really hurry in producing our troops (big thanks again):

- Money from capturing holy hindu shrine from India (we just assume it´s there...)
- Info/Spying ALL hindu cities on the conti (wich would be great)
but also:
- Some of Ash´s troops wandering England (and I just assume now also Celt and Geece), so we need some defences at the beginning of this war at ALL fronts...
- Ash and Alex are great tech-trading buddies, so Ash will advance in tech really fast... ...thats why we also need to really hurry (facing rifles BEFORE we have taken out Ash´s main army and at least some cities would mean SURE death...)

Concerning the "war bribing" possibilities:

Alex: Wont go to war agains anybody (Loves them to much)
Bren: Wont go to war agains Alex (again the love thing) and also not to Ash (here I suppose it´s fear)
Ash: No war against Alex (Love is all around them) but he would go for Bren for Education and Nationalism

For me this basically means bribing war is no good, because giving Ash now Education and Nationalism is like handing him a rifle right now... ...and Bren would only be cannon fodder and free experience because he is too backwards to compete (and to far away, Ash would have to cross our territory to reach him, so we would be faced with Ash´s army on two fronts, once we declare ourselves...)

I´m off for a business trip for about two weeks, but I will check in here to get the final results in some days, then playing it out according to them... ...so expect me to have finished out the war when I´m back:D

Well, under circumstances, if it's not possible to bribe someone to join you, chances to win the war are extremely low.

If you were playing BTS, I would try "Cristo Redentor" wonder rush (i.e. Radio). This one is an excellent war maker for any pacifist (actually you would be able to draft/whip the units having any civics you want).

However, this game is not BTS. Keeping in mind, 1) the *each* day makes Ash *stronger* and 2) you've no future warmonger tricks like Cristo, start the war ASAP, i.e. as soon as you've cavarly. Even if chanches are low, no war means chances are zero.

Hmm... What do you think of idea to bribe Ash to attack Bren and gift Bren a lot of cavarly (as soon as you've it).

P.S. And... Well, it would be good to understand what is going on another continent.

P.P.S. Tried to play your save, then recalled once again this game is Walord one, I don't have it :-(.

After Don Deity had made some arrangements with his boss, he was finally allowed to found his own civilisation during 18:30-20:30 from Monday to Friday, except on Wednesday, if it was the first Wednesday of a month and on bank holidays.

Even deities have some kind of Ladenschlussgesetz, apparently.

Ladenschlussgesetz? Nandesuka?
X_x

Before someone call me lazy, however, i put that on babelfish. It gave the following translation:
Law regulating the closing time of shops

German sounds like a very, very interesting language.

I'm a big fan of your fine literature Snaaty. Hope your trip is quick and safe, the suspense is killing me.

X_x

Before someone call me lazy, however, i put that on babelfish. It gave the following translation:

Well, Germany has (or had) all kinds of regulations about who could work what times. It used to be that on a holiday weekend for example, all the supermarkets were closed! You could only get (non-prepared) food at (for example) a train station.

The other thing is that office hours are, well, interesting. When I was over there, none of the university offices had extended hours. The bursar, int'l students office, housing office, etc.... All were open about 12 hours/week.

So it was just kind of an obscure joke about Germans having very well-defined (and short) work hours. Hopefully our Don will appreciate.

X_x

Laden = Shop
schluss =end or ending - Der schluss vom Film = the end of the movie
gesetz = yeah right, law ^^

Well, Germany has (or had) all kinds of regulations about who could work what times. It used to be that on a holiday weekend for example, all the supermarkets were closed! You could only get (non-prepared) food at (for example) a train station.

The other thing is that office hours are, well, interesting. When I was over there, none of the university offices had extended hours. The bursar, int'l students office, housing office, etc.... All were open about 12 hours/week.

So it was just kind of an obscure joke about Germans having very well-defined (and short) work hours. Hopefully our Don will appreciate.

Dont worry, I actually already thouth nobody had picked up that joke:D... ...Germany is packed with strange (and mostly sensless) laws regulating stuff like when shops are allowed to open (or better, when NOT allowed), when factories are closed, work is not allowed and so on. There also exist something like about 315 days of bank hollidays a year (In Bavaria maybe even more)... ...and quite a lot of people in Germany really have working contracts of only 35 hours a week (substract the breaks and you end up with something like 29 hours a week)

EDIT:

@ m4gill4: Thanks... ...I will wait till the end of this week, to see what the final result of the poll will say, then continue the game a little here and there according to the results... ...perhaps I even find time to post a bit here and there while I'm on tour

Guys, this is out-of-scope of the initial topic, but current Germans labours laws are well-known (in Europe at least) as unfriendly for corporations. Siemens has fired recently 50.000 employees and hired ones of the same skillks in other countries. What are we talking about? Globalization works just anywhere. I believe some of USA former workplaces were moved to China as well. Let's skip this question and, better, let's analyse the situation Snaaty is in.

Alex Sword is right in two things:

1. The high wages and low working hours have left Germanz almost bankrupt, so the problem is more getting and KEEPING one of those jobs nowadazs

2. This has absolutelz nothing to do with this thread/game, so lets get back to the innitial theme...

on a funnz sidenote... ...I have just found out, that the y and the z have switched places on this textpad

Back to topics:

I have play(!)ed on the game up to the point where we have to finally position our troops and declare on India, following the agreed strat:

Build as many units as possible, cavalry and treb, declare on India ASAP. Bribing a war among the AI's i simply deemed to expensive, so I skipped that. I will post the next storypost/save when I find time, to discuss some warfare strat, before I will finally start the war...

Edit:

@ scarredroman: sorry, got your PM to late, so the turns are already played (but I also switched to 2.13 already, so I will have a look at your save to compare...)

Word.., just a one word..

Awesome.

o_o Really, i liked your first story (the persians) and i like this one too, you're playing BtS version now?

It get's better and better all the time, i wonder how good is the third story.. ;)

Und du bist ein Deutcherer?

The mayors house in London, the head scientist, the mayor and Don Deity:

“I just go a message from a scarred Roman. He informed me that we need Music right now and later Gunpowder to upgrade all our horse archers to cavalry.”

“Um, Don Deity… …what’s a Roman and why is he scarred???”

“To be honest, I have no idea, but he seems to know quite well what he is talking about.”

“Ok, I understand from the scientific and technical point of view that we need gunpowder to equip our horse archers with guns Don Deity, but what for do we need Music?”

“I think, but I’m not completely sure, that is has to do something with targeting practice… …so if we are using Musicians for practicing targets, our cavalry can go on practicing after dark… …they simply have to shoot for the sound, until it stops. This will cut the overall practicing time in half…”

“Sounds logic… …but why do we need to equip our missionaries with guns in general for spreading the word of pacifism to our neighbours?”

“This is simple… …my plan is to massacre among our neighbours about a third of their citizens and to slaughter most of their army in the process of bringing pacifism there.”

“I know that I’m only the mayor and not as enlightened as you are Don Deity, but do you really think that the concept of spreading pacifism peacefully can coexist with the massacring and slaughtering part of your plan?”

“Yes, of course, it’s all quite simple… …just imagine lots of people you have to convince of something. This can be very time-consuming… Simply kill half of them and you only need about half the time, right?”

“Umh… …this sounds also logic… …in some weird way… …but I don’t know if I can personally identify with this... ...umh… …plan?... …I even don’t know if it is proper to refer to it as a “plan” in general…”

At this point, the head scientist joined the conversation:

“Well, I think it is a good plan Don Deity… …from the mathematical side it is all VERY logic, less people, less time, which only means more peace and love… …I will go and tell the other scientists right now that they should increase their research efforts and to work in night shifts also. I will do everything to speed up your genius plan, and I really think that it will motivate ALL scientists to hear that their efforts are for the good of humankind only and not for developing weapons of mass destruction…”
Without having finished the sentence he suddenly ran out of the room and Don Deity was quite eager to join him…

“I’m still not happy with… …hey, I hadn’t finished, it’s not polite to simply…”

…

So Don Deity passed by at Alex´ place first thing in 110 AD, and after a nice chat, they agreed upon a trade which brought Don Deity Music and Engineering and Alex received Education. So when Liberalism was finally researched in 125 AD, Don Deity was able to pick Military Tradition for his fee technology. And finally, in 140 AD, the first Great Merchant arrived in London so everything seemed to work out as planned..

…

In the mayors house again, the mayor and Don Deity:

“…and so we need to revolt back to slavery and resume our whipping to raise the production.”

“But, but… …slavery… …this is cruel and outdated… …we will kill lots of innocent English citizens with this.”

“Yes, I know, but we need to do it to get enough horse missionaries (with guns) out in time.”

“But I don’t see any connection between pacifism and slavery. This simply doesn’t make sense to me. And the whole business of slaughtering our neighbours…”

“Come over here dear mayor, join me at the window… …don’t you think that all those statues are looking very good down there in the yard?”

“Um… …yes… …I mean maybe… …umh… …slavery you said… …maybe not so bad after all…”

…

So another revolution swept over England in 140 AD, which brought them back to the good old slavery times. Quite a lot of Horse Archers started immediately to appear in most English cities within the next years and in 230 AD, Don Deity finally deemed it time to trade for Guilds, so that he could start to build (=whip) some knights. So he dropped over to Ash’s place:

“Oh, hello Don Deity, nice to meet you, what brings you here?”

“The pleasure is all on my side, Ash… …but lets get down to business right away… …what will you give me for Education?”

“How about my maps, all my money (=340 gold pieces) and Guilds?”

“Sounds fair to me, deal.”

“You know, Don Deity, I think you are my best friend… …to be honest, I like you much more then Alex and Bren, becau…”

“Umh… …yea… …well… …I will take that into account when I start to burn, pillage and plunder among your… I mean, when WE will burn, pillage and plunder ALL the others nations together, like the good old buddies we are, you know… …but I think I have to leave now… …bye Ash…”

Back in London, Don Deity had a closer look at the maps he had received from Ash:

34.JPG

Not only did they reveal the rest of Don Deity’s continent, but also a part of another continent up to the north… …and they also confirmed that Ash already really was THE power on Don Deity’s continent.

…

Only a little later, Don Deity received word that the English had lost about 1/3 of their population recently……but on the bright side, this also meant that they really had managed to produce altogether 20 knights and horse archers. So Don Deity ordered them to start working on some trebuchets, which reduced the English population even more, but there was still a timeline to be kept, now that Gunpowder was only two turns away, in 260 AD. And all the units would have to be transported towards the Indian border, so there was really not much time to waist… …and to be honest, Don Deity REALLY liked going berserk with this golden whip here and there.

…

But there were also some bad news, partly related to the maps Don Deity received from the Indians and the heroic English scouting mission… …consisting of one caravel, sent out about 15-20 turns before:

35.JPG

36.JPG

Which basically meant, having sailed about 20 turns into the wrong direction…

Since it made absolutely no sense now to change route, Don Deity simply decided that they should sail on… …there must be something more out there then the tiny continent, the Indians had found so far…

…

Meanwhile, Anthony van Diemen, the English Great Merchant had reached his final destination, the city of Bibracte, the capital of the Celts. Don Deity had chosen this city for his trade mission, because it was the biggest costal city Don Deity had seen on the Celtic maps, some time ago. Now the Indian maps revealed that Athens, the Geek capital was actually bigger and also costal, but it was already too late to call Anthony back so Don Deity had to live with this also (but Don Deity decided to beam over to Bibacte immediately when Anthony’s mission would have finished and to throw his statue into the local harbour basin)…

37.JPG

I’m happy for any feedback, suggestions, tips and hints concerning this game...

IMPORTANT NOTE:

If you want to play along or ahead feel free to pick any save you like. Only thing you REALLY should do is to use spoiler tags for anything AHEAD of the actual story.

mrchadt will provide the saves for this game from now on (my DB-space is gone…), thanks in advance.

@ mrchadt: Please post 260 AD save, thanks

YOU WILL NEED THE WARLORDS 2.13 PATCH TO OPEN THIS SAVE

See you Soon

Snaaty

Amazing. Really nice story and writings!
I can´t believe that this is your first try on diety. You played it very well so far!
Hope everything goes well and peace will finally find the way to Indians :D

Sorry I missed the voting, but I don't think the voting missed me.
Here's the save:The save is too big, the maximum allowed is 500k this is 516k sorry.

Top Bottom