Don Deity: Warlords 2.08, huge random continents map, epic speed

Nice writeup, Snaaty. Pretty sneaky of Shaka to get Mongolia to close borders.

Did you let Bismark in on the War planning? Looks like he brought his outdated navy. :lol: Great story so far.

Bloodbath in Zululand, Part 4:

…

With the invention of flight, the second industrial revolution swept through the USoF countries. Airplanes changed the trade and traffic network forever and within only 10 years after the invention of the first flying vessel, airplanes of various design and purpose started to dominate the USoF skies. Planes for cargo, public transportation and last but not lest for warfare were invented and soon built on a large scale. Airports were built in most cities all over the USoF countries and the USoF economy received another major boost.

But not all regions were affected by the prosperity… …in Persepolis, the former Persian capital and now the capital of England-Persia the people were on the street again… …this was already the second revolution within 17 years (= 17 turns) and not even the strong USoF military presence could prevent it from happening. So efforts were increased to quiet the people with more religious diversity and a missionary was sent to Persepolis, to spread a third religion and another cathedral was erected… …with almost no effect… …only month later (= 2 turns) the people in Persepolis were on the street again and Don Deity really cursed the fact that he had lain aside his golden whip some centuries ago (the chances of a revolution were at 2% with all the units I kept in Persepolis… …and the chances of 3 revolutions within 19 turns therefore were like 19*0.02*0.02*0.02*100=0,015%... …so not VERY high… …if I would have been able, I would have nuked Persepolis myself…)

…

But thanks to the improved USoF tanks (=modern armors) and the possibility to airlift reinforcements to kwaDuwhatever General Supersnaats advance into Central Zululand was still considered a major success, despite the awful losses on the western front… …which, at that point, was already not existing any more… …46 land based battalions, 4 transport ships and 2 battleships had been lost due to Kublai´s treachery…

139.JPG

In this screen, you can see an inside view of kwaDuwhatever. First thing to buyrush there was an airport the turn the city came out of revolt, to be able to airlift in more then one unit per turn… …after finding out that, for some weird and unknown reasons, you cant airlift workers, then next buyrush was a worker, to repair the infrastructure in the Kwadumbo Mountains, to allow the USoF reinforcements to reach the new frontline in Central Zululand the fastest way possible, to keep putting pressure on Shaka…

…

The second Zulu wave approached the USoF army near Nobamba, altogether about 35 Zulu battalions, but due to the fact that most of them were wounded still from the massacre of WAG 1 and WAG 2 they were no match and faced the full fury of the advancing army of General Supernaat. The battle lasted only 3 hours, but 3 hours were enough to completely crush the Zulu army by simply overrunning them with modern armors, gunships and artillery, although the Zulu were slightly superior in numbers.

…

What also helped to fuel the advance in Central Zululand was the fact that the last culture battles in France had stopped about that time (but they were still raging in Germany-England and Persia-England) and all garrison troops were now upgraded or in the process of being upgraded and also airlifted to kwaDuwhatever. All cities in France now were able to switch to full warfare production and the USoF troops were starting to queue in most airports in France, waiting to be airlifted towards Zululand, since the naval routes were still blocked by the superior Zulu fleet and the eastern army was still forced to hide in kwaDuwhatever.

…

With the destruction of the second Zulu army, General Supersnaat decided to split his army and to continue the advance into Central Zululand on two fronts. The city of Khamgela was easily taken, but in the city of mGugugu???, already near the Zulu capital, the last Zulu troops tried organize a counterstrike against the advancing USoF troops. Due to massive artillery bombardment, the USoF army suffered casualties for the first time since upgrading their tanks to modern armors, and altogether 6 battalions of modern armors got destroyed. But it wasn’t enough to stop umGnugnug??? from falling into USoF hands shortly thereafter. And with the fall of one of the most important Zulu cities, and their capital being threatened now directly by the USoF army, Shaka phoned up Don Deity and offered an unconditional surrender…

138.JPG

…which was accepted immediately by Don Deity, because the moral of the USoF army was slowly reaching the freezing point with all the losses taken on hostile soil (War Weariness (WW) was hitting in like a hammer, after the defeat of WAG 1 and WAG 2 and the western fleet)

…

The mayors house in London, Don Deity and the mayor:

“We just have finished building the United Nations… …SOMEWHERE, because somebody has forgotten to add to this note the name of the city where we built it…”

“Um… …well… …and what does this United Nations thingy do?”

“Well, it’s a meeting point of all the world leaders…”

“Umh… …haven’t we closed borders with all remaining independent nations? And besides, haven’t I issued to shoot Kublai and Quin immediately when they get spotted?”

“Well… …we should grant them political immunity then…”

“No… …we should shoot them on first sight…”

…

2 days later, same place, same persons:

“You just have been elected to lead the United Nations Don Deity…”

“Elected by whom?”

“Well… …basically by yourself… …your opposing candidate was Kublai… …and since neither he or Quin were allowed to enter USoF territory, Quin abstain from voting and Kublai voted for himself via e-mail… …but you gained via landslide victory thanks to our huge population and therefore our unrivalled amount of votes…”

“And now?”

“Well… …you can propose stuff like common currency and such and force Kublai to accept it… …I took the liberty to propose a ban on nuclear weapons by the way for the first vote… …which just passed some minutes ago…”

“We should have nuked Persepolis before signing that…”

“What…?”

“Umh… …nothing… …well done… …we hate nukes...”

…

General Supersnaat´s office, in kwaDuwhatever:

“Sir, we just received news from our secret service…”

“And?”

“They managed to eavesdrop a conversation via phone between Kublai and Quin…”

“And?”

“You know, they are supposed to be at war…”

“This is your last chance… …you tell me now everything you have to tell me, without me having to ask you one more time about ANYTHING… …and you will tell it in direct, simple and understandable words… …or I will shoot you, right here, right now… …got it?”

“GULP… …yes Sir… …we have eavesdropped a phonecall between Kublai and Quin. Kublai has offered Quin a peace treaty although being WAY superior in strength and having already captured the Chinese city of Beijing on the Chinese mainland. Kublai even gave back Beijing. Quin therefore agreed to help Mongolia in case of a war against us. His reasoning was us getting too strong and Zulu falling to fast. We think he wants to gain time for his secret (or better, more or less secret) space program…”

“…”

BANG

“Why did you shoot him? I think he explained it pretty good in the end…”

“Just because…”

…

Don Deity was very worried about the recent political development. With the unexpected and heavy losses General Supersnaat had taken during invading Zululand and now Kublai and Quin uniting their forces, he had to do something and he had to do it fast. If he would allow Kublai to keep the initiative with all the plotting and trickery Kublai has proven to be capable of, he was fighting a loosing cause. He was well aware about the secret Mongolian space program, in reality not being THAT secret any more… …he knew he had to wrestle down Kublai before the Mongolians would dominate space… …if Kublai was able to launch the manned mission he planned for Alpha Centauri successfully, there was now way he could prevent the USoF from breaking…

…

He checked again the reports on his desk, giving him an exact overview over the USoF forces already stationed in Zululand… …then he turned to the papers his secret service had sent him, concerning the Mongolian army strength and movement… …his men would be outnumbered 3,5:1, but if he would strike out now, he would not only be able to launch the first strike, he also would be able to catch the Mongolians unprepared. Their mobile army was already gathering near the Zulu border, but still 2/3 of their forces were spread thin along the coast… …off course, the superb Mongolian railroad system would allow them to move fast, but he was running out of options and he had to do something…

…

When Don Deity picked up the phone some 20 minutes later, his mind was set:

“General Supersnaat, Operation “Whining weasel” is about to start. Please move all available units on the discussed positions. Are the new stealth bombers ready and in position also?”

“Yes sir, everything is prepared… …we only are waiting for your command… …and as planned, the first Mongolian wave will hit only Zululand… …and as you ordered, we haven’t informed the Zulu authorities so far…”

“We won’t inform them… …the will find out soon enough…”

…

I’m happy for any feedback, suggestions, tips and hints concerning this game...

IMPORTANT NOTE:

If you want to play along or ahead feel free to pick any save you like. Only thing you REALLY should do is to use spoiler tags for anything AHEAD of the actual story.

The saves for this game I will post every 3-4 turnsets from now on

YOU WILL NEED THE WARLORDS 2.13 PATCH TO OPEN THE LAST SAVES

See you Soon

Snaaty

@ bestbrian:
Yeah, that was one of the few times, an AI actually does something clever (although by sheer luck)... ...this might very well have decided the outcome of this game:cry:

@ Dhaulagiri:
I ordered all vassals to attack the Zulu capital... ...there were some ships of my brave vassals approaching here and there, some even carrying troops, but like Bismarks wooden fleet (one turn later...) all the other attempts of landing something of my brave but completely useless vassals ended on the bottom of the sea:lol:

@ Harry P:
No cliffhanger intended... ...WAG 1 + 2... ...DEAD:(

@ all:
A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU:)

Nice update, and a Happy New Year to you, as well. Maybe this tale will resolve itself before 2010? :lol:

@ Patricman:

Yeah, Kublai has a real advantage now for the final battle... ...but what would be DD´s final fight without fighting uphill:lol:... ...and like I said already in the beginning:

Loosing a great game after a series of big fights is way more interesting then winning...

@ all:

I will do a last and short series of updates, to give you a better overview over the state of DD´s nation and the warfare preps today and/or tomorrow, to show you, how I have planned to take on the mongolian hordes... ...DD´s army is heavily outnumbered, but I still think there is a (small) chance, if the war is fought good... ...off course a little bit of luck would also help:p

So far, nobody has volunteered to take the save, so if nobody wants to have it, I simply will post it here with the last update...

And IF really nobody wants to play it out, I guess I will find a way to play it out myself, would be a pitty to leave DDs tale unfinished... ...but this would take quite some time I guess... ...but you already should be used to it:lol:

I'm actually quite surprised that there hasn't been more enthusiasm from the top players to take a hand at this.

I tried to play some turns more, since I hate to leave things unfinished but bad news:cry:

1 or 2 turns into the war, my comp always breaks down and freezes when Kublai starts to move his incredible huge army... ...so here is the save, now public, since nobody pmed me so far and showed any interest in trying:(

Anybody feel free to try:)

P.S.:
I took some pics up to the point I declared, so I might do a last update anyways;)

Attachments

• Snaaty AD-1667-WAR.CivWarlordsSave
    891.7 KB · Views: 144
I would give it a shot if it wasn't a warlords save. I guess that's also the reason for the lack of interest, Most of us or probably on BTS. :)

Deity is WAY too far over my head right now; heck, I'm still working on Emperor.

I would suggest though, Snaaty, that you post the save and your invitation in a new thread over in General Discusstions; I don't know how many folks keep up with Stories and Tales.

Good luck and :goodjob:

The war to end all wars: Part 1

…

The win loss statistics of the Zulu war was a complete disaster… …all in all, 74 USoF battalions never would come home again and 6 USoF ships got sunk.

…

Still, Don Deity never lost hope and kept his final plan in mind:

To attack Kublai with all might and to stop his evil plan to dominate space

…

So all USoF scientists were set to uncover the last secrets of advanced flight and immediately when the first stealth bombers left the USoF factories, the USoF research got stopped completely and all money was fuelled directly in military production (buyrushing units). Finally, in 1663 the USoF countries even saw a Golden Age (started by 2 Great People) and in 1667, Don Deity deemed the time right, to start “Operation Whining Weasle”.

Operation Whining Weasle was a desperate effort to wrestle down the incredible huge Mongolian army on Zulu soil… …main problem here was the fact that Mongolia and Zulu were close friends and Don Deity was very afraid of Shaka switching sides during this war, once the inevitable losses in Zululand would occur... ...and Don Deity feared that Shaka would take the first chance to break free from him and to vassalize himself to Kublai… …which would mean the end for the USoF…

…

There were really a lot of variables left open in this war, but one thing was absolutely certain:

Zululand would burn

…

The frontline cities and Don Deity´s main army:

139.JPG

The USoF army in total:

140.JPG

The USoF army is stationed in a way it can reach all importand defensive points along the front, namely the cities of Bulawayo and Bablabla.

Don Deity´s battalions near the front are stationed there:

uMygod: 13 stealth bombers
kwaDukuza: 8 moden armors, 3 gunships, 1stealth bomber, 11 artilleries
Bablabla: 2 gunships
Bulawayo: 74 modern armors, 8 mechanized infantry, 23 gunships, 24 artillery

This summes up to 167 units overall, facing an estimated number of 350-500 from Kublai… …this is going to be REALLY ruff…

The powergraph:

141.JPG

By the way, to prevent Quin from entering the war on Kublai´s side at the most inconvenient time Don Deity was wise enough to declare right away not only on Kublai, but also on Quin… …I would advise all USoF vassals to be ordered to attack some Chinese cities to keep Quin busy (Don Deity´s vassals should be enough for this job, just check the powergraph)

…

Immediately after the warhorns blew, General Supersnaat himself together with his best men (some commando gunships) dealt the first blow to Mongolian infrastructure near the threatened Zulu borderland cities and destroyed all roads and railroads there, forcing Kublai to advance through rough terrain on these cities. So Don Deity´s main army would at least have a chance to do the first strike against the Mongolian hordes…

142.JPG

See you Soon

Snaaty

@ USun:

Would really be great if you would find the time and motivation to try on this epic fight, I guess the fight might even be pretty funny/interesting, save is in post 693

Thanks in advance:goodjob:

Alright, I tested the save. It's quite heavy but my system can handle well enough. Time for General Sun to step in!

All over USoF land, people celebrated in the streets for almost 2 weeks the appearance of the mighty

General Sun:goodjob:

Don Deity immediately named General Sun the leading General of the USoF army and even General Supersnaat was more then happy to bow his head to the wise command of his new superiour General Sun... ...times were still hard and desperate, but there was also a little hope now showing all over USoF-land:)

Top Bottom