'Don't ask, don't tell' must be scrapped, court says

Well, the Brits did lose the Empire. Therefore, the homosexuals caused it!

Uncle Frank cares

I think people care more about the opinions of the UK and the IDF than those of a self styled prophet of common sense on an internet gaming forum.

Who cares about the UK or the IDF?

Maybe 1st world Western nations, akin to the America (especially Britain, not so much Israel) is a good example of what a post-DADT army looks like. And it isn't a complete disaster.

Because it shows that homosexuals and heterosexuals can both service without it being awkward.

In the UK or IDF. I humbly submit that the US military culturally isnt like either of those.

True, the UK normally wins wars they get involved with.

In the UK or IDF. I humbly submit that the US military culturally isnt like either of those.
You constantly say that, but I have seen little to suggest that. The Joint Chiefs seems to hold differing opinions on the repeal of DADT on military readiness. Same with Petraeus.

True, the UK normally wins wars they get involved with.

Rofl, whatever it takes to get you to sleep at night I guess. :lol:

You constantly say that, but I have seen little to suggest that. The Joint Chiefs seems to hold differing opinions on the repeal of DADT on military readiness. Same with Petraeus.

Actually, to be accurate, not all the Joint Chiefs are supportive of repealing DADT. You did know that right?

Ah but you see, it's a "different culture". So that's why it's acceptable to kick LGBTers out of the American army. Excuses much?

Are you sure you're not confusing yourself for the military at large?

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon has concluded that allowing gay men and women to serve openly in the United States armed forces presents a low risk to the military’s effectiveness, even at a time of war, and that 70 percent of surveyed service members believe that the impact on their units would be positive, mixed or of no consequence at all.

Ah but you see, it's a "different culture". So that's why it's acceptable to kick LGBTers out of the American army. Excuses much?

No, up until recently it was acceptable to kick LGBTers out of the military because that lifestyle was seen to be not compatible with the military.

Are you sure you're not confusing yourself for the military at large?

And what percentage of combat arms soldiers said they approved it? You see, what you offer is only half the story, while 70% of the total surveyed indicated that, if one took the results of combat arms soldiers, the vast majority didnt want DADT repealed. Point being, the Marines, and the Combat branches of the US Army had just about the opposite opinion than say, the Navy or non-combat arms of the various services.

Also, since I actually took that survey, I can tell you how it was written and how the questions posited made it fairly difficult to be adamantly against DADT. IMHO it seemed to be more of a method where one gets statistics to say whatever the hell they wanted it to say.

How exactly are LGBTer's lifestyles in conflict with military life?

How so? What does make the US military so special that gays can't openly service?

Well, for example, some other nations allow women in combat arms units. Should we do it too just because they do? Hell no. Women are disallowed in our combat arms units for a variety of reasons, and its simply not a reason to change that simply because country X does.

How different is the British Army to the American Army, and how are those distinctions relevent to the effectiveness of gays serving in the military?

Butch lesbians that hate men make excellent killing machines I heard.

Top Bottom