Pop 8 ruled unconstitutional by 9th Circuit panel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha you say that like it isn't terrible.

i love the analogy.

being gay is like being black, and giving in to the urge and having gay sex is like giving in to the urge and speaking ebonics.

you know, them blacks can restrain themselves and not behave like blacks but like your regular white man.

this thread has become such an awesome clusterfreck of bigotry and outlandish crazyness, i cant get enough of it.

So we can toss out the 10 Commandments? I wish someone had told me. I've been going around honoring my mother & father like a chump.

phew, i feared i would go to hell for all that covetting, but apparently i'm safe.

i love the analogy.

being gay is like being black, and giving in to the urge and having gay sex is like giving in to the urge and speaking ebonics.

you know, them blacks can restrain themselves and not behave like blacks but like your regular white man.

this thread has become such an awesome clusterfreck of bigotry and outlandish crazyness, i cant get enough of it.

The analogy breaks down pretty quickly, but I guess it works as an example of an activity associated with a particular born identity but not really intrinsic to it. In a way, you could say that civ king is like the gay Bill Cosby if Bill Cosby was never a successful stand-up comic or actor and started out as the cranky old man trying to get those damn kids to pull their pants up and learn some proper English. Yeah, that analogy breaks down pretty quickly too now that I think about it.

It's akin to saying "I don't hate that you're black, but I hate you speaking in ebonics", being black is an essential part of who you are, but ebonics is by no means a necessary part of being black

That comparison doesn't work.

Homosexuality defines who a homosexual is - someone attracted to members of the same sex. A black man isn't defined as "Someone who speaks in ebonics"

A black man is someone who has black skin. So a more apt comparison would be: "I don't hate that you're black, but I hate your black skin"

So we can toss out the 10 Commandments? I wish someone had told me. I've been going around honoring my mother & father like a chump.
Precepts of natural law remain

Or we can tell the Catholic Church to shove it and stop molesting children before worrying about what two consenting adults do in private.

Moderator Action: Trollish generalisation.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Or we can tell the Catholic Church to shove it and stop molesting children before worrying about what two consenting adults do in private.
Ok, I'll try. Does the catholic church post here? Can I send pm?

Anyway, welcome to the civilised world Washington :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom