Doom!! Doom!! Doom!!

Oh man, The Rock could have choose a better film to act than Doom... What's he's doing in that stupid movie, laying smackdown on demons?

As someone metioned before, people not knowing doom make me feel old as well. And I'm 'only' 24... Played it a LOT, never made it on the highest difficulty level though, did get some part of the game done that way...

As for the lara-angelina discussion, I think Angelina is better, but I bet she can't do all the positions Lara can...

The DOOM movie just has to be packed with violence, and then a lot of people will watch it I suppose. Don't know if they'll be satisfied at the end...

ill see it. just because theres gonna be some good action and ive played the games before and their fun

i spent my whole junior year in school playing doom (in class). or was it doom 2 by then. not sure. but if it was, i played the original before then.
i dont know if i'll go see the movie. will ahve ot see a few previews before i decide.

It could be good, but the odds are it'll be anaverage movie and sink pretty quick. Most movies based on computer games tend to fail to meet expectations (and some like final fantasy are just aweful).
However, the rock is a good actor in this kind of role (i liked him in scorpian king) and we know there will be lots of bone crunching, hand tohand combat as well as lots of shooting in the film.

Bozo Erectus said:
Trooper, I used to love RTCW, havent played in ages. Now that Im hooked up with a decent video card again I'll have to buy it again (my old cd looked like the surface of Europa and was unuseable). Yeah that would be a cool movie too:thumbsup:

Just think about all the cool elements in the game:

A great finale: the battle with the Giant Heinrich I.
Undead/redead/zombies or whatever they are called these days.
Said SS killer-babes.
Flaming corpses.
The Tesla-Gun! :eek:
Mad scientists.
Supersoldiers!
Lopers :lol:

Damn! They should really make a movie of this one. But - wait a minute - there is no amour in the game...

Excellent!

Hollywood seems to be running out of ideas. We'll soon see Doom 2, Quake, Quake2, Quake3 Arena, Doom3... and hopefully Starcraft ;)

farting bob said:
(some like final fantasy are just aweful)

And are also nothing to do with the actual games, except for the name.

farting bob said:
However, the rock is a good actor in this kind of role (i liked him in scorpian king) and we know there will be lots of bone crunching, hand tohand combat as well as lots of shooting in the film.

Except corny lines don't really fit into Doom, and I fear that he will lessen the atmosphere.

I also see too many actors, and it is too light, and where are the Demons!?

Could still could be a fun, cheese packed, action movie though.

And A Castle Wolfenstein movie could be good, I have never played the new one but the original was just awesome!

You know CG is in his 20's? I'm very surprised that he has never heard of Doom, I know 12 year olds who have heard of Doom. It's a classic.

True, his usual 1 liners probably wont fit into this movie, but i would like to think he would know how to keep the atmosphere going. I think vin diesal would have been good for this, he is great in pitch black/chronicles of riddick.

Suddenly I'm thinking the Doom movie will probably turn out something like the Resident Evil films. Big corporation operating outside ethical constraints develops new technology that goes wrong and causes monsters to start strolling around the facility. So what if it's teleportation instead of the T-virus, and demons instead of zombies. :)

Well, okay, Doom had zombies in it also. Anyway, Ivan, I can testify that Doom 3 is, in fact, pretty freaking scary. Not through my own reactions (I don't scare easily at all, and the things that went "bump" in the game simply caused me to point my gun at them and ask them if they wanted an ass-kicking....), but the reactions of some of the guys at the office, who were so terrified by the game they couldn't finish it. :)

Warman17 said:
not...uh...mario brother, wait no.

Maybe House of the Dead or Resident Evil? no, damn.

hmmm, maybe Double Dragon or street fighter? no

I guess that leaves Mortal Kombat and Laura Croft, which are...okay
Mortal Kombat better than Resident Evil? Are you kidding me?

Top Bottom