[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

Well... Dear Keldath, before Civ V will hit me with its 'amazingness' allowing to waste time more efficiently I wish to play any kind of update/beta to You awesome O2 just to have a glimpse how much upcoming Civ V will be unfinished and below my expectations..... and to give me a hope that whatever bad in "5" will happen You will mod it to achieve your famous LEGENDARY status.
As much as your priority changed I hope to get another O2 to test. Keep up good work and follow THE CODE bro..... and I am sure it will be LEGENDARY again...as always
:deal:

"Have you meet......()?! "

It is something I can say straight away.....
Few questions I have thou
1. When getting Swordsman Quest I noticed, unless I didn't meet some criteria, that having a unique replacement as Praetorians doesn't allow me to complete the quest. I did notice that in previous versions as well.
2. Aboandon city options do pop but do not work.... is there a way to switch it on?
3.Can you tone down awesomeness of the mod becouse I cannot look straight at the monitor when playing ... it does shine so damn bright!

hey buddy,

1. i guess i need to add every unit class replacement to the events - ill check it.

2. humm.. thats not good, i only tested it when i first added it - its ctrl+shift something right?
its suppose to be loaded through he config folder and pyhon. ill check that too.

3. to comments like this, all the countless hours i put into this, worth it :)

im lowering work on the mod right now, since im on a "race" to finish my re creation of song of the mood si fi mod (expect many of overlors2 feature there ..).

Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't see an EXE file for the new version in the download, and I DL'd it three times. Anyone help here?

GoUtes53,
hi and welcome!

maybe your system is defined to hide file extention,
no worries,

in the first post - theres a link to 7z - its a great compression free software, install it,
then right lick on the mods file, and extract, then make sure the overlord2.3.8 is placed in your bts mods folder, and your good to go.

have fun.

No, you don't get it. I can see all the files. My computer is not set up to hide anything. I can open the zip. I can extract the zip. I extract it to my desktop just fine, or to my BTS/Mods folder, either way. But the EXE file is not there. It is not in the zipfile anywhere. Not anywhere.

mmm...my mod doesnt have an exe...

either you create a shortcut for it (i wrote a small guide -its inside the mod)
or you can load the mod through the game (advanced - load mod) or you can use a program named another mod chooser thats available on the utility forum.

hi keldath i'm currently reading the history about your mod (at page 31 currently) i want first to read everything before i'm going to download it but you have already bought me with your mod i have one thing how is the list of spelling mistakes and other of that kind of minor bug's that aren't hampering but are annoying to see
the history of this mod is huge 3 years it is alive and being made better and better

Raven Destroyer,

hello! and welcome,

reading the entire history...well, that aye take a while, if you wish in the front page theres a version history that sums up most of the changes ive made through the years,
and yeah, im one of the oldest mods here...:)
time makes perfect, the mod been through countless changes, most changes was provided by players, and because of them i was able to get the mod very stable.

i know the spelling is my biggest problem, i try to fix what people report, ill be honest, at my first years of these mod, i cared little about texts, names, descriptions and such, but tday i have evolved, im actually working on a new/old mod, song of the moon, and im doing everything by the book, spelling, buttons (which i dont have in ol correctly) and texts.

but, im sure you can enjoy this mod, i have worked on it, hundreds of hours, and i tried to include all the fun stuff civfanatics have to offer.

so i hope you enjoy this, and report your impressions.

there will be another version, as long as people wish it, i will update it with everything that new around here.

i love civ and modding it, im never gonna stop :)

I have no idea what units to use with the resource thingy.

also - theres gonna be a decaying resource mod - that's cool as well!
What? Noooo! Not decaying resources!
Please tell me that's optional...

I don't even...why? Revolutions I can understand...but making your resources decay over time? Crippling you?
I mean...why? Because it's not fun to have 4 sources of copper throughout the entire game? Or uranium? I...don't understand the point of a mod like that. :(

Sense, it makes none.

You'd have to tweak it perfectly...it's so easily glitchy...I mean, there's Realism, and then there's, "Haha, I hate you and your entire existence, have no more copper/gold/uranium/stone."

hehe....

relax buddy, ive decided not to add this to ol2.

ill use it for the song of the moon, this baby is rather stable and fun, so im not gonna do gameplay changes, just updates and balance stuff, and if theres some optional stuff to add, ill think bout it.

Whew...you made me worried for a moment.
Don't make me call the Mossad. :)
Just kidding.

But yeah, don't think I'll play Song of the moon then. :)
Decaying resources seem like as fun as an idea to add to a mod as a mod comp that makes random people show up and punch you in the face in real life while you're playing the game.. :)

-I'm having a technical issue in version 2.3.8. There comes a point where the AI's "turn" continues indefinitely (or at least 20 minutes). In my current game (Revolutions off), it had stalled after 1895. Several re-loads to 1895 still didn't allow the turn to finish. I then loaded 1893 and was able to continue beyond 1895, but it still stalled after 1897. I did choose to build different buildings after re-loading the 1893 session, hoping to avoid causing the problem by making different choices. Has anyone else run into a similar issue?

Keldath, I'll go try song of the moon then.
Nice to know something so old has been remade.

Also, didn't you say you worked on the Visa mod?

Also, sadly, the training place doesn't give the Exceptional promotion still.
I'm hoping the Globalization one does.

Maybe I'm messing something up. Or it's your fault. One or the other. :)
So far I have no complaints. Although, I do get a bit annoyed with everyone trying to become my vassal. :)

Maybe I'm just lucky.

Top Bottom