[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

Wow! I loved that mod. Wait, I said that before, but still. Thank you for that mod.

Oh, one thing I noticed, instead of getting a great general for my great general experience, I got a warchief. :(

Why? I'm supposed to get a Great General! I have tanks. I'm in the early 1500s.
Also, yeah, the hero and exceptional promotion granting building do not grant promotions.

You need to see what's wrong there. Also, scouts can upgrade into tanks? :) Now my tank has double movement in forests! :)

is revolution an option or standard? cause i heard from other mod's that it can easier backfire then work and when it backfires it can kick you back to the Dark Ages (so to speak) oh and it works with the latest version of bts? :wallbash:

----Edit-----

i'm currently starting to learn modding myself and i hope around Christmas to have my first mod running (no i won't post as this will be my mess around space) when i get everything straight no bugging and all i want to do one of my dreams with civ making for every civilization one tech tree will become someday a regional tree when i get that straight i might also be able to help you a little

You have to select the no revolutions option in the custom game menu. :)

Oh, Keldath, what's the point of the Nations building, the one that prevents you from declaring war?
It never obsoletes. Is it for culture victory games or something? Because it's utterly useless otherwise.

Also, how do I deal with my cities wanting to build it anyway?

-The saved game is attached. I selected the 1895 save, which may freeze after you try to complete the turn. When I choose to build different buildings on the turn, it continues for a while. I haven't toyed with it enough to see which building or which city (or whatever other asset) is the prime suspect.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1895-January.CivBeyondSwordSave
    696.9 KB · Views: 45
hey guys,

Wow! I loved that mod. Wait, I said that before, but still. Thank you for that mod.

thanks, so did i:)

warchief - poor attempt to do something nice, ill remove it for next release.
hero promotion - ill check it - i think you reported that - i forgot.

revolution - its an option (one that i never play with..)
as for you deram, thats really not hard to do, but if your making a tech tree for every civ - thats gonna take a lot of time - and what stuff will you put in it? after all - youll need a lot of uu and ub's....
g'luck!
help is always more then welcomed!

Nations building - if i remember right - i added 2 buildings that its entire purpose is to trigger golden age - maybe for that one - i forgot to add the trigger...

ill check it.

Nosferum - thanks! i will check it on the week end.

thanks!

Well, it adds a Golden Age, but it's utterly useless because of the not able to declare war.
No one in their right mind is going to build something that never obsoletes and prevents you from declaring war. Unless they turned off Conquer as a victory anyway. :)

Also, to be honest, the Tesla' peace ray should prevent your enemies from declaring war. Not the other way around.
Considering when he tested it, he thought he caused Tunguska, I think it's not a you can't do anything wonder.

One huge bug to tell you about, You cannot build Calvary.
I have tried with two civs. Khemer and the Americans. Calvary cannot be built at all.

I have all the requirements, everything.
Curiassers are fine, but Calvary cannot be built. It's a rather big bug.

Also, if you're saying that the warchief getting spawned instead of a Great General is a poor attempt at being nice, I agree. :)
Also, any way to adjust the chance to gain promotions after combat.
My last game had it rarely happen.

Although my Frigate gaining combat 3 and combat 4 from two barb attacks was nice.

realy? it prevents war decleration???

wow i must have missed a tag in the building definitions!
cavalry - wierd!
the unique cavalry units can be built right?

damn - i dont know how i missed those - i wil upload a patch for this stuff tomorrow then!

bout the combat promotions - i wish i could, but thats an outside mod comp that i added as is.

thanks

one last question (i hope)

are there more "pirate" boats you can use your self as i find the privateer in the main game insanic weak and a unit for last ditch seafaring instead of a ruthless sea folk that literally made even experienced sailer's tremble

oh and i'm going to start with the dutch and i know a lot of those fools with their struggle with water as i'm a dutch citizen myself so you can expect some idea's to improve them and i know we where terrible land fighters

oh it doesn't create war with other mods or something? i heard something like that somewhere on the forum that some mod's can't be on the same pc

-If the Dutch can defy both Charles V and Louis XIV, then I don't think anyone on the planet is in a position to declare the Dutch "weak on land."

ahh we like the dutch....a lot of israelis love Amsterdam :)

weak, im not s o sure of :)

are there more "pirate" boats you can use your self as i find the privateer in the main game insanic weak and a unit for last ditch seafaring instead of a ruthless sea folk that literally made even experienced sailer's tremble

im not sure i got it - you think privateer is too weak and there should be more shipd with its abilities through the game?

id love for any suggestions on improving the mod.

i don't get it to start a game
and we are good at water and until Hitler our polder tactic's worked properly only it work's for land based troops and paratroopers ain't that. but our naval power reigned supreme for 100 years (1600 till 1700)

oh and i miss a readme on the patches as i won't going to work with them until i'm sertaint that it won't damage my game play

ok i might have shouted doesn't work a little early a second try and little more tweaking and it wanted to roll but now come's my first line of criticism

1.) this really needs to chance: ceremonial burial has a nasa picture and a text about armstrong
2.) mining had a little code in the visual part i'm no expert on code lines but if i see in code chance in the city or something else like it then it is easy
3.)about the religions how i can set them so they can made by research?

not much else i got to comment only try more pictures then copying old one's and natural worshiping has the audio of astronomy
the things i get dazzled about, are small errors. that doesn't make the game bad, but not nice for the eye.
so i hope you could spend 2 weeks, or something on that.
i think you can even make the audio's for quote's with a pronouncer but that is all up to you
but i recommend a sweep to check what is correct and fix the errors

1.) this really needs to chance: ceremonial burial has a nasa picture and a text about armstrong

-I learned about this one a few weeks ago. There is a limited supply of art (for efficiency), so several pieces of art are re-used. In cases like Ceremonial Burial, it seems particularly odd. It eventually didn't bother me, and I don't even notice such things anymore.

-I realize that with Civ V coming up, development on legacy mods will decrease or even cease. Just in case, though, I'll continue with a request.

-I'd like for other civilizations to take a more significant interest in founding religions and in promoting them. To date, I've never seen an AI civilization create a Monastery.

hey guys,

as for the art, buttons, quotes and sound,
well, your right guys, its not nice for the eye indeed, i agree, i only took the time to learn how to do buttons and art, a short while ago, when i worked on the mod, i didnt think that stuff is important, and i was aiming to save on the mods art in order to make it faster in late stages, well, buttons are something that i should have used, i know that now.

text stuff - the same.

to think that in three years ive been lazy to fix all that stuff...

religions, i know something is wrong there with the ai, i left the unique religions since people wanted it, if i remove them - religion will be used by the ai better. in the new revdcm that will come out soon, i think there will be a proper limited religion, so that will fix that issue.

if you guys want to move religion back to normal research - theres 3 files to change:
the techtree.xml, buildinginfo.xml, buildingclassinfo.xml and religioninfo.xml -

1. you need to remove all religion buildings from the building files.
2. you need to remove the extra religion techs -from the tech tree file.
3. you need to choose the founding tech in the religion file.

as for civ5,
well, i will be modding it of course, im gonna make an overlord 3, gonna join a large modding group, and maybe work on song of the moon for c5 or dune wars c5.

for civ4, well, i will update this mod up to revdcm 2.8 mod, after that, well if there will be demand, i will make updates every now and then , id be happy to.

civ4 is a great game, civ5 , i hope wont make this one obsolete, as a good modder told me, many of the people here still dont have a power full computer suitable for civ5 and it will take some time until the modding community to get up on its feet for civ5.

i guess civ 5 ain't for my pc my pc is on it's limits already civ 4 he want's to play but time to time i will have to safe as a crash prevention

and overlord is a mighty mod the first time you play you are the lower hand for a long time but i love the citizen limit on buildings but the barracks should be without as it undermine's a solid base defence

a second game i played was more my game then the first but religion made it with me to the last place just above making an attack force and it was my main objective to get as much as possible to make sure that my adversaries doesn't choose a religion different to mine

submarines should be without identity to make them really the threat of the seven seas in the cold war there where "accidents" with sub's and a sub is under the ocean 90% of the time so that can be a real killer and you never know where they are maybe also cool to make them carry one or two marine team's (or make a special op's unit that can load in a sub and attack without warning) in real life they are already used that way if you just make the sub's that they can't fire a missile on city's without war as you need to get close to surface and then giving away you ID and so they can't fire them in neutral territory

that's then nice but you can't give him a specific load??

so far i know you can say a type can board if you create special forces as a type then add marine's and special forces unit you can make subs realistic marine's specialized to jump on shore and get over rivers special forces mountain and forest as their field as special forces are to move on enemy ground take target's out then move to safety back to a ship or city

oh and maybe hidden in forest when you get forest lvl 3? you have then a unit that's lethal already in the forest if it can hide in forests and if possible that it can only attack in forest and "share" his tile when others get on it? just thinking

Top Bottom