[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

Hey folks,
F1rpo, ty.

I must have forgotten one of the paths .
I dont see the error cause i got doto111dev folder as well...
F1,
Yeah i usually create a new folder per version, then copy , rename and clean up.
I do lots of tedius work sometimes, cause i like backups...

So,
I will upload another zip package in the next few hours.

If anyone wants a quick fix until then,
Create a folder on the mods path ;
Doto111dev,
Then copy the resources folder from the new doto folder.
That should do it.

But ill get the fixed packge soon.

Ty guys for making me aware and f1rpo :)

--------------------------------------------------------

hey again

i updated the Doto file with a fix to the GFC error on game load.
please redownload the file and overwrite the existing Doto.
if you dont want to re install do what i wrote here:

in the post above this one:

how can i install this mod? I try to put the doto folder into the beyond the sword folder. But he says the folder is already in use and cant be copied?
Do I have to install advanced civ first?

well hi there people,
happy holidays and new years!

200+ downloads for doto 11, makes me very happy.
though , not much feedback ...:(

anyhow,
version 112 is soon to be ready with a billion updates from advc.
to doto it self i have no changes, since i havnt played civ for a long time.

please if anyone has some insights about stuff i should update , do tell and ill be happy to apply.

cheers.

well i did some tweaks to ranged units.

im also thinking of adding this wonderful art:

well i did some tweaks to ranged units.

im also thinking of adding this wonderful art:
Except the clouds as fog war, which is really great, I find the tileset really bland to be honest and blurry as other have pointed. I would advise to make this art change at least optional, since its really questionable to be an improvement. Too tied to personal taste.

Is it just me or does everything look kind of smooth in a bad way. Like too much anti aliasing blurred the images.

well its a matter of taste.
Personally, i really like it.
Even so, i did make it optional :)
ill add it as a zip file to overwrite the Doto files if someone wants it.
Definitely... but it's easier to add it than to remove it once integrated by default. So thank you so much :)

Sure other people is enjoying your mod too, even if there is not a lot of feedback. Thanks!

thank you friend,
i appreciate it.

so,
regarding my ranged attack:

- reduced ai spam of ranged attack units.
- new rule for ranged attacks:
each unit has a cap of attack y times (example -> 3).
each attack carried out -> the counter will rise up by 1.
when the cap is reached (3) the specific unit wont be able to attack for x turns (2).
the counter will reset:
- on city entrance
- when the cap is on 3, both the turn timer and the cap will be reduced to 0.

i have another lead on other set of rules, but trying them out and consulting.

Hmmnnn. I'm ok with your turns of attack and reload up to a point, but I do have a couple of questions.
Your current setting is pretty much ok out to say the Ind. Era.
Once you tech logistics though, and you get access to the "cool toys", not to mention new units movement upgrades for re-supply to current active engagements, you may want to rethink the 3 active, 2 inactive on ranged attacks.
Not to mention on Naval units when they're using ranged attacks. Don't know about you, but having one of my fleets in enemy territory unable to conduct NGFS for 2 turns is a tad scary.
Also, this could give you some potential options ( lol, as well as headaches) to work into your mod supply lines, supply depots, or even some logistics modifiers for units. Lots of options and potential here for all sorts of fun.

Heu Drakarska,
how are you?

well,
another way to go is:
after the attack count caps, i can allow the unit to attack normally.
this is very similar to firststrike .

once the cap is reached, the siege ranged unit can get a % of damage ,
lets say 25%.
as a way to represent accumulated damage or equipment fatigue.

i only gave land based siege units ranged attack, so no naval. at to when ill be able to balance this game play.

thank you for your thoughs.

I'm doing well, ty.
Yourself?

I'm not disagreeing with your premise or implementation, I'm saying there is potential here for something new in the ranged strike/logistics/supply for arty or equivalents.
Because I'm curious, why wouldn't you give range options to Naval? Historically, NGFS play a huge factor in combat scenarios.

hey,
im good tnx friend.

i was thinking you thought otherwise at first :)
cool then that you are open to new stuff.

i didnt set the naval cause i am still not sure the mechanism not polished yet.
do you think i should add it to them then?

this is the ranged new rules layout:

- x attacks for a ranged unit (x based on xml value of the ranged attack xml tag)
- 2 cooldown turns (parameter in the global defines alt)
- during the cooldown, unit cannot attack (set made attack to true) -> optional game param?
- when attacking on the last round, the unit will get damage of x% * the ranged strike cap (regardless of the defender, also a globaldefinesalt param)
- cap will reduce if there is no subsequent attack (measurable by the made attack and cap above 0)
- if a unit is in a city it gets a reduction of 1 to the cooldown
- if the ranged unit is damaged -> the inflicted damage to the defender will be reduced by the attacker current hitpoints %

i think ill go with your hint and add this to naval as well.
also i wanna do promotions that will boost the ranged cap or change cooldown and such.

Ok, sorry. Had to wait until after work to post :D

Ok, so 1st off, yes to naval bombardment. Makes sense that NGFS would have similar restrictions as land units.
As to your original premise above, you can have all sorts of fun with this. Additionally, pre-industrial, this would make perfect use of trade caravans ( I.E. supplies needed for your collateral to keep going). I like the cool down that you have mentioned, but lets sneak in that "emergency ammo" from a supply train and give the collateral a 1 more turn when you just need it, Lol, could you imagine the look on a players face when the AI sneaks in a "reload"?. Not sure how you'd code it, though IIRC, the trade caravan <global defines> can be easily tweaked ( been awhile since I've messed with that).
Similar situation with NGFS, pre-Ind, load a galley with supplies, or send supplies to your flotilla, and boom, 1 more round ( or however you decide) of attacks.
Now, post Ind, Logistics tech can play a big factor here for your Arty ( and Naval), as you could easily tweak all types of parameters based on stack size/flotilla size. No real need to be just static across the board, as Ind+ warfare needs the logistics in order to maintain a continued offensive.
As for promos, how about something along the lines of Logistics 1, 2, 3, etc, or even Supply 1, 2, 3, etc. This will give modifiers to what ever rounds/cool downs you decide to toss out there. This would also work in the Mod+ eras when the players gain access to missiles, let alone giving you the option to tweak maintenance costs for what ever format you decide upon.
I realize that a lot of peeps play quick games, and that their games are usually decided early ( pre-mod), but for those of us who like to go to the end, I see this as a potential to get rid of some of the tedious "ho hum" of combat, and make a player focus on supply and logistics for continued artillery instead of just stack smashing.
Ironically, Dacubz and I were tossing ideas similar to yours back in the day when we were working on the TTT series. It would be nice to see someone else come out with something similar. Granted, Some mods have "Logistics", but I haven't seen anything approaching to what your wanting to do.
Appreciate the chat bud. I'll keep an eye on what your doing.

hi.

ok then, ill set all naval as well to ranged cap 3.
ammo and suply lines are quite cool. as usual the problem is the ai, how do i train him to do such tricks...
i like your logistics approach, its interesting.
promotions i guess are easy enough to do.

what parameters do you think there should be ? stack size gives extra "ammo"?
throw your ideas in, im open .

i had pitched to f1rpo, for maybe giving a limit on ranged unit considering combat unit rate.
meaning 5:1, for every 5 units allow one more ranged unit to exists, kinda like a dynamic cap.

TTT, wow that was so long ago.... i feel old...
i always had dreamt to do an engaging combat system for civ4 , only in the past 2 years that was made possible due to my mentor f1rpo.
so i began with ranged attack. always the ai is the problem.
but for this stage, i think game play should be more interesting with the rules i applied just now.

dynamic parameters,
as always, everything i add comes with custom params.
meaning, almost of all of the addition i did and merged are optional game option or a variable in the global defines.
so does the cooldown param and more related stuff to ranged attack.

i assume ill have a new doto version soon.
also added civ4remaster and improvement decay.

----
have you or anyone got to play our my city states?

Top Bottom