Down to the wire award?

bewareofgnomes

Back Again
I believe that there should be an award/picture by name thing for the last game submitted. in GOTm 21, i submited mine at 11:11 (CST) on July 31st :eek:. when i looked to see what date i uploaded, it said Aug 1 because that time is ahead of mine. so i think there should be some recignition for those down to the wire games.

Nah! There is no award for first submission is there? Having people trying to wait to submit to the last second is silly, if you are unfortunate enough you might submit it to late.

Awards should focus on the game not when you hit the submit button. But perhaps that is just my opinion.

A great idea, but the only problem is that yeah, people want to get awards, and so they will all submit with three minutes to go, and crash the server.

I submitted at 11:23 local time. Also lists me as submitting on 8/1/03. Not trying for an award however. Was just reeling trying to finish a 90 hour game in time. I was really "down to the wire".

Not a good idea to give an award for this, however, because of the reasons stated above.

Hergrom

Originally posted by Hergrom
I submitted at 11:23 local time. .... I was really "down to the wire".
Not really, you gave up early. The deadline is midnight just east of the International date line (UT - 11 hours), so I think midnight in PA (UT - 4?) still gave you another 7 hours.

Top Bottom