Download RF:Greek World alpha here!

Can someone PLEASE upload another link to install this mod, because the current one (whatever its called) does not work, no matter how many times I try.

Thank You:D

One picture says it all ;)
The thing is that I've come back to this same website for about a year now and it still says has the same message!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 245
Is the map finalized?? Because it's quite bad (no offense) in the sense that the Levant is WAY too small, it can't fit Phoenicia AND Israel. Also Cyprus or whatever that huge landmass next to Phoenicia is, is just wrong and Crete looks as big as Greece, overall its got to change, also Britain needs some touch ups. but overall looks like this mod is coming together!:)

Rhye made the map, with dozens of people saying "no wai! tooo small! All wrong!" He wanted to do it based on Herodotus (I think) and that's why Britain is so misshapen. Britain is fairly useless to the scope of the mod anyway, so that's no big deal.

It also focuses on Greece, and therefore Greece and the landmasses closest to Greece are going to be somewhat distorted. Italy, Greece, Asia Minor, Crete, and Cyprus, are going to appear relatively bigger than they are. If it starts affecting gameplay, then that's a bigger problem. But settler maps can alter that.

Phoenicia and Israel are bigger problems. Rhye did make the Dutch and Portuguese work in RFC with barely any land, so maybe they can work in this. I'm less convinced, and think that Israel and the Etruscans are both sacrificable.

wtf? So the map is supposed to look bad??:confused:

I mean I think the idea is quite stupid, I'm sorry but the idea of having Cyprus and Crete bigger then Greece itself and having Phoenicia and Israel pretty much stuck to each other is not a great idea:(

Sorry Rhye better luck next time:sad:

wtf? So the map is supposed to look bad??:confused:

The map is supposed to be distorted to fit a concept. RFC has a distorted map as well. Japan and Europe are much, much bigger than they are in reality.

I don't see a huge problem with Cyprus and Crete. You're the first person to mention that. Phoenicia and Israel are, believe it or not, right next to each other historically. I don't think there's any way to not have them be jam-packed next to each other. Do you have any idea how to fix that?

The map is supposed to be distorted to fit a concept. RFC has a distorted map as well. Japan and Europe are much, much bigger than they are in reality.

I don't see a huge problem with Cyprus and Crete. You're the first person to mention that. Phoenicia and Israel are, believe it or not, right next to each other historically. I don't think there's any way to not have them be jam-packed next to each other. Do you have any idea how to fix that?

LOL are you kidding me!! Yes i do have a way to fix it. Just make the map look normal and proportional, and guess what I KNOW that Phoenicia and Israel are next to each other, but not in the sense that they share a 5 tile sea coast together!! And PLEASE don't compare this to RFC because we all know that was for game-play purposes, this is not for game-play purposes, its just for it to look like a map, dating back to the Greek Era. And I'm going to say this again, this was a VERY bad idea!

You really think that if the map was proportional, at 64x64 and encompassing Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East, the Phoenicia and Israel are going to be significantly more than a five-tile coast?

Actually I do, in fact, if we just look at a good map, like the Mediterranean mod, I would say there is more then sufficient amount of space. And once again this is not only about the tiny Levant here, its about the ENITRE map, which is messed up. How is any civilization, going to realize its full potential when it has to comply to a messed up map, in fact I think there should be a poll on this question, and I can assure you that more (MUCH more) people are going to want a regular map, with maybe a few enlargements for game-play purposes, opposed to a map which is disfunctional with a Cyprus which is bigger then the entire Levant coast!

A poll wouldn't do much good. Rhye specifically did this map for this mod. Get rid of the map, we get rid of Rhye's work. And we probably want Rhye on the project.

Ok, I'm not saying get rid of Rhye, I'm saying that this mod, is not going to be hugly popular with a lot of people, as RFC was or RFC Europe is going to be. No one wants to play with a distorted map!

The Turk I'm not too excited about the map's proportions but "He who does not have faith in Rhye shalt have no faith in RFC!".
I'm sure that without too much work Rhye could bring this map to it's full potential, after he defines each civ to it's uniqueness (UU, UB, UP, UHV, unique settling and conquering behavior) None will question the map and it's awesomeness!

You do realize that with a scale map Cyprus would be too small to play a role, right? This mod is basically a remake of the vanilla Greek World mod, with the emphasis on GREEK. Remember that the Israel is a tiny place; the modern state of Israel is about the size of New Jersey. The area simply isn't that big, unless you use a jumbo map. I vote for keeping it the way it is.

Is this for BTS or Warlords?

Top Bottom