Downloads and Features

I remember stmartin mentioned that he would release one final version for Civ IV before Civ V. However, since he hasn't responded to this thread for long time, and Civ V has been released few weeks ago, I am quite pessimist that we'll see the Civ IV version final release, much less for Civ V (unless he is secretly making one).

one-neko:

Ah, I've overestimated my endurance for the final release of HoTK. Too much work on a piece of software that I feel is so imperfect. Now I learned, never promise anything until you've actually done it:)

On the other hand, I've just grabbed a copy of CivV from steam, I'll take some time with it and see if I can make something 'small' and 'unique' for it. Let's not talk about any big project now because those talks are not going to come true. Right now it's just playing the game, nothing concrete yet. Hope you understand:)

stmartin, don't sweat it :) I know HotK is a big project in its own. It's best to enjoy the game however you like it. If it starts feeling like a day job, time to step back :) Well, I still hope there's final version for Civ IV since I don't have Civ V yet :p

After having read the whole thread I know now that I have to try this mod. I will download it today. It looks awesome!!!

Its a tschuggi siting :scan:

I was waiting on Sephi to figure out the infinite loop bug in v3, and got to wandering around about and here you are.. haha...

Let me know how this one is, I have always been a history buff... ;)

Given that this mod is dead and the links are gone I have taken it upon my self to upload the version I have to google docs so people can still get it.
The link can be found here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/civ4-the-history-of-three-kingdoms.25910/

All credit to the original creators where ever they are.

A question if you don't mind. I tried downloading it from your link, but the mod keeps crashing on initializing, is there any particular thing I need to do get it to work?

Well, I'm using that guys link, and there's seemingly no install, so I tried dropping it in both Documents/My Games/beyond the sword/MODS, and program files directory (I have the steam version of Civ IV if that makes any difference).

see that theres no additional sub folder in the mod folder you extracted.

You mean, like having a double mods path right? like mod/mod/hotk? Also, is it going in the steam mod folder, or just the documents/my games folder?

Also, to be a tad specific, the error is specifically:
GFC error: failed to initialize the primary control theme

2nd edit. NVM IT WORKS. Off chance anyone else with the steam version comes looking, it goes in the following directory. Thanks Kel, for your help too ^^.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Last edited:
Top Bottom