Dr kossin #38

Bad luck dude. Looked like a sexy start. I guess if he didn't DoW then you would have had a race of the REXers!

@ABigCivFan: Wow, impressive...looks like a rather early Liberalism date (or more likely a late Liberalism date for an awesome tech). Did you build any wonders except the Library?

That's the problem with smart AI. The obvious thing for Joao was to declare, and the only thing you could have done was spam archers and hope he's stupid and suicides, which would kill your expansion and destroy your game. Too bad - the game looked promising.

Also I noted in my games - the better start means higher chance of early DoW. That is AIs wouldn't go early for (my) crappy land...Is it only seems to me?..

That's the problem with smart AI. The obvious thing for Joao was to declare, and the only thing you could have done was spam archers and hope he's stupid and suicides, which would kill your expansion and destroy your game. Too bad - the game looked promising.

Well, i saw that few times, just don't recall on which version.

AI makes mini stack which clearly goes for barb city. At some point if they have good thing next to them in one turns reach [some workers on on tile, undefended city] they will change mind and make opurtunistic attack.

Out of interest i loaded some of these and WB'ed some defense. Stacks as expected went for barbs....

Guess if you need further explanations you will need ask someone who likes reading code.

@ABigCivFan: Wow, impressive...looks like a rather early Liberalism date (or more likely a late Liberalism date for an awesome tech). Did you build any wonders except the Library?

I only built the GL/NE in capital, got some failure gold from Parthenon. 2 other AIs have marble, not worth taking the risk going for Oracle; instead, took advantage of Imp trait and rex. Getting the 4th GS in 3 turns, can double bulb Edu. Looks like a good set up for a curi/cav war.

@Lord Chambers

I was so enraged by your comment to Kossin, that I started playing this song in my head...
*ROAR!*

I like wins, I learn more from them than a loss with no chance of ever winning because of bad luck.

Some people say you learn more from losing than winning.

At the very least, you've proven this wrong. ;)

Good info Soriana. Was a single unit enough?

Top Bottom