Dr kossin Bullpen

Just catching up with your games... you are unreal good. I'm learning a ton; thanks for hosting the DR series.

Dr kossin #30 is now over.

Strong leader in a stronger location made it very easy.

Next up is Hammurabi (Agg/Org), a leader I haven't played much. My fondest memory of him is actually Dirk's Deity walkthrough.

You can submit an unaltered map - no changes in worldbuilder allowed. None whatsoever. I don't want to play cooked maps in this series. However, you're welcome to make a challenge and post it in another thread, I'd probably take a peek!

2 options should you feel so inclined (neither are cooked!)
1) More challenging (aka "Kossin #31 hard")
2) Standard fare

Attachments

• Kossin #31 BC-4000 hard.CivBeyondSwordSave
    81.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Kossin #31 BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    80.9 KB · Views: 98
Waiting room indeed :lol:

Due to an unfortunate turn of events, I can't put up the thread tonight, it will have to wait until tomorrow at the soonest. Oh and I'll probably pick the 'hard' version or else I'll get crucified left and right.

Dr kossin #31 is finally over.

Man, I hated that map but I'm going to remember it for a long time.

Next up is F.D. Roosevelt (Ind/Org), the fastest GLH out there. Hopefully I get some land this time around.

You may submit unaltered maps, no Worldbuildering allowed! I only ask you check for isolation. Semi-isolation is fine however.

You don't have to stop :D

It's just a particularly difficult setup where you have to consistently micro and whip; which earned its comment.
Sometimes you'll run in this kind of map but also, like the Louis game, you get good breaks once in a while... maybe too good in that one granted!
The series isn't about challenging maps but just random, regular ones.... minus isolation for the moment.

Isolation must be close to impossible to keep up in tech, trading is essential on deity from what I've seen. I might generate a few fractals and see if I can find something interesting.

^^
Especially since in isolation you tend to have just enough land for 6~8 cities, with half of them being close to useless.

You don't have to find something 'interesting' as in interesting. Just interesting will do ;)

ok made you 2 maps, just generated and checked for isolation. They are all fractal if that is ok.

Map 2 definataly has the more interesting terrain, but after your last one map you might not want that :D. Map 1 will probably play a bit more standard :D, and is probably easier, but it is hard to judge these things.

I had really thought about the stuff the AI starts with on Diety, seeing them there on the map in the editor (to check for isolation) really brings it home. 4 Archers 2 scouts a worker and 2 settlers. Ouch. Thats why you can't rush on deity kids :D.

Attachments

• Kossin DR 32 BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    35 KB · Views: 111
  • Kossin DR 32 save 2 BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    37.5 KB · Views: 97
I'll have a look in the morning, thanks.

I don't mind so much a narrow strip land but it kinda blows when the generator gives room for 17 cities to an AI at the same time :)

I have been following this series with increasing interest over the past few days, and am in complete awe of some of your most recent victories, especially the Hammurabi and Tokugawa games! :goodjob:

I peeked ahead to see that for your next game, you were intending to play as Ghengis Khan. Though I know that you have just started your Roosevelt game, I would be honored if you would consider one of these two maps for your 1st Mongol game. They are both Fractal/Normal/Standard (Temperate/Medium sea level). I used the random map script to insure that you would not be in isolation, and then checked the maps anyway to make sure that you weren't blocked in by Ragnar / Alexander / Montezuma etc. without copper, Iron, or Horses.

One map is difficult, the other truly evil. I did preselect some of the opponents for a twist in the merely difficult one, but do not fear -- I did not select all warmongers or something similarly absurd and I left the map untouched.

The truly evil map, however... well... no effort on my part was required! I mean really, this map just gets worse and worse... (Your start location is actually okay, though). If you don't chose this one (or either of my maps) I encourage you at least to look at the evil one.

I also included screen shots of the starts. The corn / double seafood is the difficult one, and the cow / pigs / clam is the truly evil one. Good luck, and I hope you choose one of my maps! :)

Attachments

• Kossin BC-4000 Deity.CivBeyondSwordSave
    67.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Kossin BC-4000 Deity-Evil.CivBeyondSwordSave
    73.3 KB · Views: 124
  • Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 135
  • Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 130
Thanks!

I'm finding I like Aggressive more and more on Deity as the extra promotion really makes a difference for warring, drafting in particular is nice.

I'll take a look at these once I get to the next game, for now I'm focusing on FDR.

Dr kossin #32 is over, moving on to Genghis Khan (Agg/Imp). I have two maps to check out at the moment. The thread should be up... sometime.

I have been following this series with increasing interest over the past few days, and am in complete awe of some of your most recent victories, especially the Hammurabi and Tokugawa games! :goodjob:

I peeked ahead to see that for your next game, you were intending to play as Ghengis Khan. Though I know that you have just started your Roosevelt game, I would be honored if you would consider one of these two maps for your 1st Mongol game. They are both Fractal/Normal/Standard (Temperate/Medium sea level). I used the random map script to insure that you would not be in isolation, and then checked the maps anyway to make sure that you weren't blocked in by Ragnar / Alexander / Montezuma etc. without copper, Iron, or Horses.

One map is difficult, the other truly evil. I did preselect some of the opponents for a twist in the merely difficult one, but do not fear -- I did not select all warmongers or something similarly absurd and I left the map untouched.

The truly evil map, however... well... no effort on my part was required! I mean really, this map just gets worse and worse... (Your start location is actually okay, though). If you don't chose this one (or either of my maps) I encourage you at least to look at the evil one.

I also included screen shots of the starts. The corn / double seafood is the difficult one, and the cow / pigs / clam is the truly evil one. Good luck, and I hope you choose one of my maps! :)

I played a few turns into each game (seeing as they were rated 'hard/evil'), starting with the hard one...

I got daggered right after 2000BC by WvO :(

Then I tried the other one and I got daggered again! What's more, it became a dogpile the next turn, courtesy of Shaka.

Since that doesn't make much of a game... like being killed by barbs... I went ahead and generated a new map. Hopefully I don't get daggered again. If I do, I'll move on to the next leader.

The thread should be up in a little while.

EDIT: Dr kossin #33 is now up.

Dr kossin #33 is now over, the hordes of Mongols were unleashed on all our neighbors, and then we took steel horses to unleash some more hordes.

Next up is Darius I (Fin/Org), arguably one of the best leaders in the game. Due to a recent thread, I've also decided to use Inland_Sea for this one. I haven't made up my mind on world wrap yet but I'll generate the map given that all Inland_Seas are pretty similar.

Top Bottom