1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Location

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ansar, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Till

Till Adventurer

Philly? I've been there once, and while the cheese steaks are indeed delicious, the rest of the city didn't strike me as particularly inviting... But maybe i've just managed to miss the pretty parts of it.

2. puglover

puglover Disturber of Worldviews

Chicago, Illinois. I love that city.

3. Irish Caesar

Irish Caesar Yellow Jacket

Probably the eastern slopes of the Rockies, although the southern part of the Appalachians seems nice as well. And I wouldn't mind Kentucky, having enjoyed the view while flying over.

4. JohnRM

JohnRM Don't make me destroy you

Somewhere along the American side of the St. Lawrence River, near Alexandria Bay during the Summer. I imagine that I'd probably go for something in southern California during the Winter.

Of course, this being a dream, it would require my entire family to come with me, for the politics of both states to be different, and for the demographics to change quite a bit.

5. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

If I'm very rich, definitely somewhere in northern South America. It is, for me, by far the most beautiful place in the world. The climate is also absolutely perfect for me - I hate winter with a passion. The women are great. The people tend to use any excuse to party and have fun (though they pretty much do the same here, but you can't compare ;)).

If I'm rich, but not incredibly rich, southern Italy for sure. Amazingly beautiful place, climate is great too, for me, fantastic history, the most beautiful language in the world (everything is IMO here), in the European cultural sphere - which I am part of, and not very far from my own country.

If I'm in the financial state I am currently in - northern Italy. Beautiful place. Very very modern, developed, clean, westernized and prosperous region. Most beautiful language in the world (IMO, again). Fantastic history, though not so much as in the south.

Right now I wish I was in Los Angeles (I have my reasons), but probably not for ever.

If I went to study somewhere, then Koln, Germany or Koblenz, Germany. Los Angeles, USA or Holland (either Amsterdam or Maastricht) would be also great from this point of view. Those places are like magnets for the classical guitar world, and so to the teachers too.

6. Catharsis

Catharsis catch u on the flip scythe

I'd like to live inside my own head. Nice and quiet, lots of empty space...

7. flamingzaroc121

flamingzaroc121 Emperor

I would want to live in LONDON, best city in the world

8. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

^ Except for the weather... :scared:

(and I've been there, don't tell me I know this from hearing the myths. It only rained once while I was there.... for 5 days in a row. And it was incredibly cold, compared to anywhere else in Europe - even Scandinavia)

9. Tycoon101

Tycoon101 Loves being STRONG

In a glass patio during a rainstorm. 24/7. About 68* F with no wind or water seeping into the glass patio. The floor would be wooden or short carpet and there would be a lone wooden chair with me sitting in it.

10. The Yankee

The Yankee The New Yawker Retired Moderator

:p

As for myself, I couldn't yet say. I'd actually have to see more of the world first to find out what I'd really like." align="" border="0" />

11. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

Really? I didn't know that, Belgium seemed very safe when I was there. Where could I find some information about this Belgian violence?

12. Thorbal

Thorbal not enough ram!

Denmark, Norway, Ireland or London!

13. Synsensa

Synsensa Retired Moderator

One, I was born there.

Two, my parents lived there for over 20 years.

I think they would what it is like there? Now, I never said that it was normal to just get randomly beat up on the street, but in places like school, well, it can be hectic.

14. Dawgphood001

Dawgphood001 The Professional Poster

Oregon is fine for me at the moment.

15. Godwynn

Godwynn March to the Sea

I have this as my desktop background. :love:

16. The Yankee

The Yankee The New Yawker Retired Moderator

Dayum, that's nice. Though I still have the City Hall Park picture I took as my background.

We pay through the nose for taxes and rent, but I suppose the experiences make up for some of that.

17. StarWorms

StarWorms Deity

Weather changes.

I'm not sure - probably somewhere like Switzerland if I could.

18. Galatian

Galatian Warlord

Well against all the tendencies for warmer climate here I would want to live in Iceland.
    I mean I listen to Metal, I like the snow. There must be a reason: I'm probably from viking decendent ;)

19. West 36

West 36 Can count up to 4

A true northerner!! well, that and Sherman helped me figure that out.
    I was going to say French, since if you're going to both countries that would help most. So which language is it you speak?

Go down Broad or something. The art museum, city hall, all that good stuff, philly sure isn't the prettiest, but there are a few things to do there. Catch a game of your choice if you wish! BTW, check out Pat's and Geno's, two great steaks, right across an intersection. Getting fat never tasted soo good... maybe.

20. Godwynn

Godwynn March to the Sea

I completely forgot about Iceland!

The Pond
    Hallgrímskirkja
    Reykjavík
    Tjoernin