Dutch Civilization

What would be nice is if non-luxury goods are tradable too (banana's, sheep etc.). Or maybe save that for a health layer.

I'll try and think of a nice luxury to add to the game too. But may I advise you to split things up? It''s nice to have a Dutch civilization to play with but I really think you're better of releasing your Wonders seperately. There are always people who may like your Wonders but not the Dutch civilization and all they want (need) are your seperate Wonders. Just my 2 cents.

It's funny, my thread has 250 views, and no responses... not even one saying something trolling of bashing :p

Anyway, I've viewed you're progress on you're UA making abilities, is everything working out oke?

A new luxury? Hmmz, chocolate or truffle. But I got no exciting ideas at the moment.

The code is all ready for the UA. I have to balance things a bit so that the UA is not too strong for big maps or too weak for small maps. And I want to show the gold that is earned by the trait in the toppanel. That is quite a pain in the *ss but it helps me to understand lua :). So I might profit about it in future.

Did you get my PM with a review of your new civs?

What would be nice is if non-luxury goods are tradable too (banana's, sheep etc.). Or maybe save that for a health layer.

I'll try and think of a nice luxury to add to the game too. But may I advise you to split things up? It''s nice to have a Dutch civilization to play with but I really think you're better of releasing your Wonders seperately. There are always people who may like your Wonders but not the Dutch civilization and all they want (need) are your seperate Wonders. Just my 2 cents.

I agree with you. I will include them in my MOD but will also make a seperate MOD with just the Wonders.

Update:
The new trait is working now. Unfortunately it is not possible to change the existing Gold Display in the TopPanel. So I created a new Gold Display in addition to the existing one, displaying the correct info.

Looks nice but why can't you change the original gold display?

The XML from the toppannel is not modular. So I can not use the <update> tag. I can add the original file and modify it directly, but that way it is not compatible with other mods that modify the original toppanel files.

Does anyone know if this will work with the new patch??

The XML from the toppannel is not modular. So I can not use the <update> tag. I can add the original file and modify it directly, but that way it is not compatible with other mods that modify the original toppanel files.
So adding stuff in the top panel isn't a problem but editing stuff that's there is?

True. Adding things can also be a problem if the offset of the new text/icons is at the same place of a previous MOD.

Top Bottom