Dutchfire's Bookstore

dutchfire

Deity
Retired Moderator
Welcome to Licentia's new bookstore.

The books have arrived.

If you buy a book you will get a code sent by private message and an explanation on how to view your text
The link is: http://www.malarchy.wi-fiexpress.com...p?showforum=19
(Username: bookstore
password: bookstore)
There will be a subforum for every customer with a code to enter it.

Readable books
Coming of Men 30 gp
The Assassin 30 gp

and the first books have arrived

the best would be if i could give someone a code to access a site with the story so i can sell the same story to multiple people, but i would be very happy to just save them and send them one by one

ice2k4, a writer would be great (since my english is not marvelous)

My friend, you are in much luck. I have webspace available that i can host it on. And I wouldn't mind writing a few novels. Do I get paid a percentage of each book sold, or do I get paid a set amount for every book written?

I prefer a percentage of the books sold, what percentage do you propose?

webspace is great

I think we should raise the prices with real books

well look at it like this- a basic paperback in the UK costs about as much as a couple of pints, so just compare all your prices to the rebel pub as way of working stuff out :D

Ok it's allright

If we're going to write real texts we will raise prices ofcourse
If you want you can start working at your first text.

Allright, my first text is going to be a work of Licentian non-fiction. It will be about 4 brave men who travel into the lands of the Mongols. This book will most likely be the first of a trilogy. It is based on the RPG: Mongol Looting Thread.

I have just completed my first work:

"Coming of Men"

It is the first in a trilogy based on the Licentian voyage of Ice, Future and Experiment. The second part of this trilogy will be released soon.

It's 3 full pages (12 font.) Dutch do you want me to make it longer, or how long do you want most books?

Note to dutchfire: Right now I am setting up a place on my webspace for us. I have a forum already installed on it, so I'm going to set it up as follows. There will be a subforum, password protected, for everyone who purchaces a book. In each subforum, I will give each book a thread, that was purchased by that person.

The person won't have to register for the forums, because we'll jsut give them a password for their subforum through pm.

Edit: I set it up and posted my first work in the sub-forum for jsut me and you to see. I'm sending the password to the subforum for you to get into it. I posted the work in the sub forum. This is the system I was talking about, and each person would have their own subforum to log into. You do not have to register.

Click here

i'm at school now but i will have a look today hopefully or otherwise tomorrow

I have taken a look but i didn't read the whole text.

It's of a nice size. What do you think about the price?

btw I had to create an account and log in to read the text is that supposed to be this way?

I intended for it to not be that way, but it seems that I can't get it to work without registering. I'll make a universal account, that you can put in this first post, so no-one has to make an account. Account name would be bookstore password would be bookstore.

I'm not sure what to price it, maybe 30 Gold? You could charge more, I just don't know how many people will buy the book at higher prices.

I am curious as to whether or not you would be looking for another budding novelist. If so I would be glad to lend some works.

PS
IRL I am planning to major in English, and become either a novelist or a professor.

a little question about the set-up
do you want to make a subforum for every customer (sp?) or for every book?

future: I want to see how this book is going first, but at some point I probably will need a second writer i just don't know at what time

Top Bottom