(E&E) Civilization VI - First Look: Argentina

One question that comes to mind. How close to this South American Mussolini complex are Kirchner, Nestor, and other more modern, "Peronista," Presidents. Have they mellowed, reformed, or diluted hard edges from the Old Man, or just created different takes on the same authoritarian theme (like Deng did from Mao, in China, for instance)?
They still uphold more or less the entire politico-econo-social model of fascism. State interventionism in everything, ridiculous chauvinism, naming everything after the leader, doing away with limits on re-election, blaming everything on somebody else, stifling personal creativity and business but without providing a replacement… in the past 21 years since the poverty rate has doubled and we're currently having a 110% inflation rate.
the Kirchner is left wing
I'd say Kirchner is a leftist,
I'll act like a teacher or examiner here: demonstrate the veracity of your statements, children.

Argentina civilization! Congrats 👏 for the world cup winners! They're finally in civilization since civ 5.
Since civ 5 just as city state - Buenos Aires.
I believe Argentina deserve to be a full civ in civ7.

Since civ 5 just as city state - Buenos Aires.
I believe Argentina deserve to be a full civ in civ7.
Eh, I'd like to see Argentina, but they are not on my priorities for a VII Sudamerica.
1. Inca
2. Brazil
3. Guarani
4. Mapuche or Musica
5. Argentina
6. the other one from 4

Yes, but not with a Peron or a Peronist, please.
Evita has a huge impact on popular culture though. There's a musical called "Evita", and a 1996 movie adaptation of it (starring Madonna)

Yes, but not with a Peron or a Peronist, please.
The important for Argentina is have the Gauchos as unique unit.
For the leader, as I said erlier, should be Bartolomeu Mitré because he fought at the Paraguayan war, what gave also a excuse to the game make a scenario of that war.
1. Inca
2. Brazil
3. Guarani
4. Mapuche or Musica
5. Argentina
6. the other one from 4
6 south american is a cool number!
For a scenario of Paraguayan war, the Guarani could replace the Paraguay at the map.
For your 6th spot I would suggest Colombia, I like Simon Bolivar that much and think his persona fullfill this kind of game where each civilization just have one leader.

Evita has a huge impact on popular culture though. There's a musical called "Evita", and a 1996 movie adaptation of it (starring Madonna)
Kim Jong-un is practically a sensationalist spectacle himself, isn't he?

The point is, if Argentina reappears, it should get an actual leader, and a postive face. I suggested Yrigoyen or San Martin, and @Takhisis who lives there, suggested Mitre, Sarmiento, or Roca. I think a real leader who made postive contributions for the nation are in order. Clinging to, and demanding, Eva Peron is nothing but a fetish...

For the leader, as I said erlier, should be Bartolomeu Mitré because he fought at the Paraguayan war, what gave also a excuse to the game make a scenario of that war.

For a scenario of Paraguayan war, the Guarani could replace the Paraguay at the map.
For your 6th spot I would suggest Colombia, I like Simon Bolivar that much and think his persona fullfill this kind of game where each civilization just have one leader.
Let's not bring Colombia back. As portrayed in Civ6, it was a developers' gimmick, like many of these recent, "Great <Blank>," DLC leaders are.

All family Kim, of North Korea, should give amazing leaders to civilization.
The only problem they are all not to ancient, even Kim Il-sung just died in 1994, I was already born.
The point is, if Argentina reappears, it should get an actual leader, and a postive face. I suggested Yrigoyen or San Martin, and @Takhisis who lives there, suggested Mitre, Sarmiento, or Roca. I think a real leader who made postive contributions for the nation are in order. Clinging to, and demanding, Eva Peron is nothing but a fetish...
I and @Takhisis also agree in Mitré to be Argentinan leader.
I don't have a deep knowledge of Argentian history, so some names as Sarmiento, Roca or Yrigoyen I don't undestand why was suggested.
But San Martin I don't think he would like to be a civ leader, when he dies he rejected all offers to ruler Argentina to be claimed just the "Protetor das Américas" not the conqueror as was the Simon Bolivar.
I know San Martin rules for while the country we know today as Perú. But Argentina it self he never rules.

I chose the Musica instead, under Nemenque. I do like Colombia though, and they would be in the 7th slot,

I chose the Musica instead, under Nemenque. I do like Colombia though, and they would be in the 7th slot,
If we have Greece, Rome, Byzantium and Turkey at the same time!
Why not could we have Muisca and Colombia at the same time?

Muisca should be a cool adition to the game if they were portraited as some El Dorado civilization.
And Colombia have the amazing Simon Bolivar, who conquer more land then Napoleon!!!!

All family Kim, of North Korea, should give amazing leaders to civilization.
The only problem they are all not to ancient, even Kim Il-sung just died in 1994, I was already born.
The Kim dynasty rules a hermit nation that oppresses its kingdom. There are WAY better leaders than the ones of the Juche Theocracy.
I and @Takhisis also agree in Mitré to be Argentinan leader.
I don't have a deep knowledge of Argentian history, so some names as Sarmiento, Roca or Yrigoyen I don't undestand why was suggested.
But San Martin I don't think he would like to be a civ leader, when he dies he rejected all offers to ruler Argentina to be claimed just the "Protetor das Américas" not the conqueror as was the Simon Bolivar.
I know San Martin rules for while the country we know today as Perú. But Argentina it self he never rules.

Yrigoyen seems interesting, as he improved the Argentine standard of living and his ability could practically be the same for Evita ("Father of the Poor")

If we have Greece, Rome, Byzantium and Turkey at the same time!
Why not could we have Muisca and Colombia at the same time?

Muisca should be a cool adition to the game if they were portraited as some El Dorado civilization.
And Colombia have the amazing Simon Bolivar, who conquer more land then Napoleon!!!!
Good idea! (even though Greece, Rome, Byzantium, and the Ottomans encompass a large amount of human history and were some of the major players in their time).

I remember you were talking about the Palmares slave revolt up a few posts, and I thought of the French Antartique, a colony in the 1550s that turned into a safe haven for French Huguenots. In 1567, the Portuguese took over the colony and founded Rio.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France_Antarctique

I remember you were talking about the Palmares slave revolt up a few posts, and I thought of the French Antartique
Yeah Palmares sould be a amazing civ to cover the north east of South America.
Because Brazil as a big nation already cover almost half of South America and always spawn it's capital in South East (with Rio de Janeiro).
At a gameplay in a real earth location, should be cool to have Palmares also in South America to be more hard to brazilian players.
And Guarani/Argentina block Brazil at the south and the mountains where the Incas and Colombia stay block the other ways.
Even starting in south east, Brazil still able to took over of Amazon Rainflorest, if we have Palmares, they will be more close to the florest and more able to take it over from Brazil in a gameplay.
Also, have Palmares as a civ should empodering his history who is well know in Brazil, but is poorly know outside Brazil.
(It's well know because have a holliday at the day of Zumbi death, it's 25 of November)

Eh, I'd like to see Argentina, but they are not on my priorities for a VII Sudamerica.
1. Inca
2. Brazil
3. Guarani
4. Mapuche or Musica
5. Argentina
6. the other one from 4
I'm sure with the introduction of Gran Colombia, we are sure to get a Spanish speaking post-colonial country from here on out. My top preference would be Argentina. I'd also love the Muisca to make it in along with Inca and Brazil.

As for this thread's implementation of Argentina, I like it. I might be biased because I watched the Evita movie in middle school Spanish class along time ago, and am not fully aware of any ideological tendencies she was for. But as far as I know she is still seen in a more positive light, at least compared to her husband. My next choice would be Jose de San Martin, but he would be too similar to Simon Bolivar.

Right, I remember Buenos Aires like I remember mbanzai Kongo but without the mbanzai in civ 6.
I also remember Mbanza Kongo in Civ5,
When I discover how to choice which city state will be in the game, I always choice Mbanza Kongo. Even when I made an American list of City States I put also Mbanza Kongo to be as one Quilombo at the list.
Quilombo, for who don't know, is the kind of central africa style of city used for Palmares in Brazil, we call all slave marrons structure as Quilombo.

I also remember Mbanza Kongo in Civ5,
When I discover how to choice which city state will be in the game, I always choice Mbanza Kongo. Even when I made an American list of City States I put also Mbanza Kongo to be as one Quilombo at the list.
Quilombo, for who don't know, is the kind of central africa style of city used for Palmares in Brazil, we call all slave marrons structure as Quilombo.
I would love the mbanzai Kongo song from civ 5.. it was so awesome...

Top Bottom