The AI cannot use such a land transport and even for Flintlock it would be difficult to create such an option for the AI in the Flintlock mod. See the last answer here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...rd-and-much-more.666881/page-51#post-16337576

The only land transport working for the AI is the army unit, but here there are problems with unloading units out of an army and if this will be tried to fix there are problems to load such a modified army unit into a transport (ship or plane).
Thanks for the reply

Hi @Civinator

Last time some of you wrote that there can be 8192 units on a map, but I would also like to know how many units the editor allows you to add? Now I'm past the entry of almost 200 infantry units, but now I would start adding light military units, mechanized infantry units, MBT units, artillery units, and many other interesting special units, which would be followed by air and marine units. I'm afraid that The number of items to be included in the editor may exceed 900 units.

How many units can I add in the editor so that it does not cause errors on the map?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Until now nobody has found a limit in the number of units that can be added to a C3C mod in the editor. My current unit number count by the pc (I do not count them myself) for the next version of the CCM mod shows 3551 units (plus the units of PtW and Civ 3 Vanilla). So a bigger number of them also covers the scenarios SOE, WW2 Global Gold and the mod RARR, about 900 units in a mod shouldn´t be any kind of a problem.

A clever way to easily add up thousands of units to your own mods and scenarios, could be to use the units in the CCM expansion installment. If CCM 2.5 (or in the future CCM 2.6) is installed properly, all these units can be handled for modding as if they would be included in the normal expansions of Civ3.

Unit numbers.jpg

Last edited:
Until now nobody has found a limit in the number of units that can be added to a C3C mod in the editor. My current unit number count by the pc (I do not count them myself) for the next version of the CCM mod shows 3551 units (plus the units of PtW and Civ 3 Vanilla). So a bigger number of them also covers the scenarios SOE, WW2 Global Gold and the mod RARR, about 900 units in a mod shouldn´t be any kind of a problem.

A clever way to easily add up thousands of units to your own mods and scenarios, could be to use the units in the CCM expansion installment. If CCM 2.5 (or in the future CCM 2.6) is installed properly, all these units can be handled for modding as if they would be included in the normal expansions of Civ3.

That sounds great, thanks :)

A little preview for EGMII 1.12...
I'll try to be thorough and add mechanized units to the EGMII mod at the moment that were or are currently in the armies of different countries.
I've already integrated foot units into the mod, so you can build them into armies that specialize in quite a variety of things. Marine, paratrooper, modern paratrooper, guerilla, infantry, modern infantry, elite infantry, rpg gunner and elite soldier have been included in the game mode in an expanded form, even divided into separate national units. The machine gunner units were also included in the line of infantry units, the special units were also expanded, because the sniper and the Cover Operation soldier were included, as units capable of hiding.

I started processing and importing the mechanized units in the following days, which I will add in the following breakdown in the new supplement: military truck, reconnaissance or light military car, mrap units, mechanized infantry units (wheeled armored personnel carrier and tracked armored personnel carrier) here will depend on raw materials, wheeled units will need rubber and aluminum and tracked units will need iron and aluminum. Light MBT, Medium MBT and some Heavy MBT, Anti-tank gun, Howitzer and SAM units, Self-Propelled Multiple Rocket Launcher, ballistic missile and Anti ballistic missile. I further divided the units into WWII units, post-war units, cold war units and modern units. I only allow a given country to build the units that are currently in production. Those units of which there are many but not produced, I will report them on the map for the respective countries. So there's more to it, hopefully I'll be able to create a mod similar to reality.

Last edited:
supposedly people tried 10 000 units to a scenario and the scenario editor would still work . Read it years ago , might be wrong about 10000 but it was really a big number .

supposedly people tried 10 000 units to a scenario and the scenario editor would still work . Read it years ago , might be wrong about 10000 but it was really a big number .
That will depend on the processing power of the computer you are using. With an older computer, I am having problems with large numbers of units.

That will depend on the processing power of the computer you are using. With an older computer, I am having problems with large numbers of units.
In my eyes only a large number of units on the map causes those problems. A large number of unit types available in a mod/scenario only can cause a shorter delay when loading the game (in the case of CCM 2.6 some seconds at a load stage of 76 %).

ı was trying my hand at modding and using a standardized approach so that ı would copy units into numbered folders and whatnot . My scenario editor was running the biq of 4000 or so . Never tasted it in the game . Laptop from 2013 ...

In my eyes only a large number of units on the map causes those problems. A large number of unit types available in a mod/scenario only can cause a shorter delay when loading the game (in the case of CCM 2.6 some seconds at a load stage of 76 %).
Civinator, you are correct. It is the large number of units on the map that creates the problems for me.

Hi All,

My plan is that only those units that were still in production during the given period will be buildable for each nation. However, life proves that many old obsolete units are still used by armies 70 years later, even if a unit is no longer in production. Therefore, most of the units will not be in production, I will only integrate them into some nations' armies as old units that can no longer be built.
There is a website that describes the world's military strength and current numbers. Based on this, I would like to place the units proportionally, of course use the data in proportion, for example 1000 or 10000 units are proportional to one.
I'm completely overhauling the mechanized units because I'm removing the mechanized generic units from the mod, replacing them with units from the previously described era, which includes non-fictional units that existed between 1946 and 2023.
Maybe the fact that there will be more units on the map will slow down the loading a bit, but hopefully this will give my EGMII mod an unforgettable experience

Hi All,

I added the units in the editor again. I'm already at over 650 land units. According to my plans, I will upload the additional package, EGMII, in 3 steps. 1.17 contains the land units, in the second I add the sea units to the mod, and finally the air units. Now I'm talking about the tank (main battle tank) units, I separate 3 versions. There are some heavy tanks that have limited movement points(1) like a moving fortress, this was more used in late WWII. Medium tanks can move two with relatively good armor and are offensive units, light tanks are the fastest, but they are weaker than medium tanks, but they have 3 movement points. These two latter units are still used and manufactured today. My plan would be that only light tanks could be airlifted, not medium and heavy tanks. How do you think this can be solved?

I did not make a big difference between tank units (heavy, medium, light), it is obvious that a T-14 Armata does not have the same capabilities as a Leopard II A7 tank
I would like to introduce these differences into the mod over time. At the same time,
At the same time, I play with unit health, which gives extra life every decade until the 2000s.

Years hp plus for mechanized combat units (APC, IFV, MBT):
1950-60 =+1
1960-70 =+2
1970-80 =+3
1980-90 =+4
1990-2000 =+5
2000-present=+6

Attachments

• units-list-hmbt.jpg
    units-list-hmbt.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 20
  • units-list-lmbt.jpg
    units-list-lmbt.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 21
  • units-list-mbt.jpg
    units-list-mbt.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 21
I have an idea that some countries would only get tanks if they had to build a tank order (also works like a miracle), which would give 1 tank every 10 rounds, for example. This would become obsolete after a while, like the effect of minor miracles or major miracles in the epic game. So they wouldn't be able to build a tank. With this, I would model it in the way that relatively few countries build mechanized units (infantry and tanks), but they are imported to many countries by the manufacturing countries.

there is an option in the editor that says "carries only foot units" . Which must be used in the epic game by the helicopter so that it will carry only infantry units but not tanks . Would be proper to check in the editor . Your cargo planes (or helicopter types if you have them) must be similarly marked .

there is an option in the editor that says "carries only foot units" . Which must be used in the epic game by the helicopter so that it will carry only infantry units but not tanks . Would be proper to check in the editor . Your cargo planes (or helicopter types if you have them) must be similarly marked .

Thanks, I'll look into that shipping setup,. For light tanks, I will check "foot unit" in the editor.

Thanks, I'll look into that shipping setup,. For light tanks, I will check "foot unit" in the editor.
Even light tanks in World War Two required specialized ships to land them. I would not recommend classifying them as foot units.

ı believe it involves C-5/17 type cargo aircraft transporting tanks beyond the limits of a single movement from airfields each turn .

One thing I'm still not sure about is whether mechanized infantry units (APC, IFV) can be airlifted. Are these units lighter compared to tanks, or are they differentiated by weaponry? I think a tank has stronger armor as well as stronger weapons. Can a light tank be heavier than an APC or IFV?

One thing I'm still not sure about is whether mechanized infantry units (APC, IFV) can be airlifted. Are these units lighter compared to tanks, or are they differentiated by weaponry? I think a tank has stronger armor as well as stronger weapons. Can a light tank be heavier than an APC or IFV?
They would be comparable in weight to a World War 2 light tank. Generally, they are air-transportable in roughly a C-130 and up.

Top Bottom