Easter eggs in DOC

Golden Console

Chieftain
I was fooling around trying to spread Buddhism to Europe with a great scholar, and I noticed this joke.
Apparently if you manage to spread Buddhism to Buda, it changes name to Buddhapest :lol:
How many other easter eggs do you guys know?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-30 232749.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-30 232749.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 218
Theoretically city names can change because of anything, although it would be more effort to implement other kinds of rename triggers. Civics are another example (city names changing for Soviet Russia and some other communist city names). If you have other ideas for religion specific names, let me know.

Edit: I actually checked the code and the only other religion based city name change is Yogyakarta becoming Mataram when Islam spreads there. Which is probably such a rare occurrence that it counts as another easter egg.

I think the US has the names "Confederate States of America" if adopting Slavery and "Golden Circle" if adopting Slavery and conquering the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America, referring to both the slave country and its long term plans.

Also, "Airstrip One", Britain's vassal name for America, is a reference to 1984.

When playing with turks, two tiles in Indian northwestern coast (Gujarat) have the name of an historical book called Mirat ul Memalik.

Attachments

• Screenshot_13.png
    Screenshot_13.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 105
Top Bottom