Easy to see bonus grasslands

Grand Cadfael

Freedom fighter
Ever had a problem finding bonus grasslands?me to thats why I created this mod you must have see shields and food over terrain off (find it in prefrernces) it shows a yellow dot over bonus grasslands.comennts? complaints?

See third post for preveiw

Note:use the second Zip if you use sn00py terain pack or th less yellow terain pack

Attachments

• tnt.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 313
  • tnt.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 270
Screenshots of it ingame really helps us see how it can help. Also generates more downloads of your mod :)

personally i play with a version than hides all the bonus indicators.. i like my game more "natural"

Paalikles said:
Screenshots of it ingame really helps us see how it can help. Also generates more downloads of your mod :)
:salute: your wish is my comand

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,966
ooh, you use jokers landscape!

nice bonus' but its only gonna work with jokers, so its a vital we knew that! ;)

I've never had any problem seeing bonus grassland, it's a big blue shield on a green square, I suppose it must be more difficult to see on the terrain you use.

Bjornlo said:
Since it is supposed to me a mineral resource of some kind, perhaps one of the terrain experts might want to come out with a version that more closely resembles what it supposed to represent?

I just want to say that the tnt.pcx file works two different ways:

First, if you have your preferences set to not "Show Food and Shields on Map", then it will display the way you see it on the above screen shot, using the 3rd row from the bottom as the bonus grassland.

Second, if you have your preferences set to do "Show Food and Shields on Map", then the tnt file is used as follows:

first row will show on all regular grassland tiles
second row will show on all bonus grassland tiles
third row will show on all plains tiles
forth row will show on all desert tiles
fifth row will show on all tundra tiles
last row will show on all floodplain tiles

I know that it is odd the way it selects different rows for the bonus grassland depending how you choose your preferences, but that's the way it is.

I made a tnt file for myself once that had beavers and ducks on the floodplains, rocks on the desert, deer on the tundra, various animals and plants on the grasslands and plains, but it just gets too crowded.

I would suggest to set your preferences not to show food and shields on the map, as it gets kind of crowded.

Looks like the above screen shot, Grand Cadfael has "Show Food and Shields on Map" off.

@Grand Cadfael

Hope you find this helpful, as I spent a little time a while back figuring it out.

looking good~!

Is the Warhammer bonus grassland available as a separate download? That one's easy to see, and I like it. Sort of like a big stone droplet in the middle of the tile. Here is the only time I've seen it (I don't have the Warhammer mod, and the pic is from the LotM testing):

Mithadan said:
Is the Warhammer bonus grassland available as a separate download? That one's easy to see, and I like it. Sort of like a big stone droplet in the middle of the tile. Here is the only time I've seen it (I don't have the Warhammer mod, and the pic is from the LotM testing):

Yeah, that looks pretty good (at least on the terrain shown). I'd like to get my hands on it. Grand Cadfael's are nice and all, but I, like Slozenger, prefer a more natural look, so big rocks would be both visible enough for my preference and fairly natural looking.

Top Bottom