eco stability in RAND

civhelp121

Prince
I'm playing as the Roman empire and I managed to get 2/3 of my historical goals done. I was moving smoothly until suddenly my GNP dropped a lot. I'm not entirley sure why, maybe a plauge, maybe the new russia and germany (cause I lose land temporarily) in any case my eco rating went from neutral to very bad. From 0 to -19, -20. The next turn I finished my research on the printing press, which greatly increased my GNP, above the levels it had been up quickly. However my eco stability has stayed at -19 and so far despite the fact that I've been growing the entire game and had one little blip my eco stability is still low. I even tried adopting commonwealth and my overall stability was not improved.

Now lets take modern day as an example. The US experianced a rapid fall, which would be upsetting. Now lets say the US experianced a rapid recovery, that would make the people happy again. Why shouldn't it work that way in the game?

Boom and bust cycles might make people happy temporarily, but they don't actually increase the stability. Stability isn't the same thing as happiness, which is already modeled.

But anyway, regarding your game, economic stability is based on growth, not simply high levels. So getting that boost from Printing Press helps, but you need to continue growth, instead of merely occasional spurts.

you don't understand what I meant. I meant I declined from a history of growth and I continued to grow after the printing press with no results

Top Bottom