• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Eight New Hoplite units

Originally posted by Kryten
:confused: Are you SURE that you are saving the altered units_32 file as a .pcx file?
If so, then I suspect it's not the units_32 file that is causing the crash.
Usually, crashes after modding are almost always due to items being misnamed.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. One, I procrastinated and two, I had to deal with a more or less direct path of Hurricane Isabel that hit us here on the Eastern end of the states. I saved it as a .pcx file and it still didn't work... It only shows the icons...It's not that big of a prob...:sad:

That's just great, Kryten, but believe it or not, that pcx lacks the one icon that I need most! :rolleyes: It's the Ancient Trireme by aaglo. It's fine... Unless you feel like doing me a favor and putting it on that file... This is starting to get off topic. We should continue this thru pm.

P.S. Hint hint, read my quote about the Ionian leaderhead...

On-topic:
Kryty, these are wonderful hoplites. Thank You Very Much :thumbsup:

Off-topic:
Amenhotep,
If you have any basic graphic programs (well, windows paintbrush won't do), you can add the unit32.pcx -file which was included in the trireme zip

Really? I have Photoimpression, and that's about it. I also have another windows program that I don't remember...It's not used that often...When I tried to add the trireme to the units_32.pcx w/ photoimpression...well, that's where the problem is...:sad:

Off-topic:
Would anyone want to try the alpha version of my Persian/Peloponnesian Wars Scenario? I believe it's the first of it's kind in these forums! :D

I am happy to be able to announce that:

Due to his/her outstanding creativeness along the Alexander the Great Hoplite Unit Set and in high anticipation of soon-to-come new creations down the same track in the making of Amenhotep7's Peloponnesian War

*Kryten*

has been awarded the TRT ANTIQUE AWARD exclusively reserved for creators whose makings, vision and perfection have enriched the Civ3 universe well above all expectations and rankings.

I hope you will accept the award and keep up the good work for many future Civilization generations to come!

Why thank you very, very much W.i.n.t.e.r. :)
I am quite honoured....although I don't think that I truly deserve this award, as I am not really a 'unit creator' as such, but more of a 'unit adapter' (all I do is use cut-'n-paste to adapt other peoples units, in this case, those originally created by the Firaxis artists).
Nonetheless, you have encouraged me to continue with my feeble (and time consuming!) efforts. :D

bah, of course you do, so stop being humble, and accept the honour, afterr all, if I had been in charge you would haver recieved it for you work on the cataphract units alone, abnd any way you want to look at it, you still put your own free time into these units, and deserve, at least in my opinion, far more then just a reward as simple as the one you have been given

Originally posted by Kryten
Why thank you very, very much W.i.n.t.e.r. :)
I am quite honoured....although I don't think that I truly deserve this award, as I am not really a 'unit creator' as such, but more of a 'unit adapter' (all I do is use cut-'n-paste to adapt other peoples units, in this case, those originally created by the Firaxis artists).
Nonetheless, you have encouraged me to continue with my feeble (and time consuming!) efforts. :D

Its exactly those ceaseless time-consuming efforts that make you worthy ;). The Civ creators started out as "adaptors" and I am very glad to see that such good people stick around after such a long time and come up with countless new and often original ideas! :goodjob:

btw. greet Loughborough on my behalf next time you'd drive by southwards *sigh*

Congratulations Kryten! I agree with Xen fully. Don't be humble -- you are more deserving of any award than most of us, both in creativity, helpfulness, work-rate etc. etc. Keep up the great work, man! :D (Maybe not for "many" future generations. I'm sure 2 or 3 or 4 will suffice :p )

Originally posted by W.i.n.t.e.r

...and in high anticipation of soon-to-come new creations down the same track in the making of Amenhotep7's Peloponnesian War Scenario

Well I'm glad lotsa civvers have been following the "epic":rolleyes: creation of the Peloponnesian War scenario! Kryten, are u gonna stick the u know what hoplite (I wanna keep it semi-secret;) ) here, or open a new thread???

@jzsf

Stop posting in old threads unless you have more to say than this. You can send your "good job!" messages as personal messages to the authors.

I downloaded this when it first came out and i jsut wanted to take the opportunity of this bump to thank you for some great units.

Top Bottom