eldar04 - Every Winner Loses

the xOTM is what's killing me. Finishing those is very tedious since I started winning them. If I have the game available, I know that I'll play it. I'm pretty competitive so I love to play in these things. I just have a priority sorting issue in my head.

eldar sw 1000bc-800bc

preturn lower lux to 20, uping sci a notch.gain 2gpt CoL in 17 instead of 22.

1-Seoul archer > worker, settler moves closer to that oasis. Maggelan kills a barb.
3-Seoul worker > archer, Wonsan rax > archer, Pusan worker > warrior, Istanbul finished the Oracle.
4-Hyangsan built > worker, lower lux to 10.
5-spanish start pyramids.
6-Seoul archer > settler, Pingpong settler > cat, spot one of cathy's lad near our inscence. lucky we got a settler on hand there.
7-Nampo worker > warrior, Cheju galley > harbor,
Trondheim finishes colossus and starts GLight.
8- i see that diego is alone, keep running for the furs. spanish start pyramids and GLight.
9-Seoul settler > archer, load up an archer and settler on the galley and head east.
10- Pingpong cat > warrior, Wonsan archer > archer.

watch out for that spanish warrior in the west.

the save

Don't settle on the White Dot, it'll waste a perfectly good hill in an area with otherwise rubbish terrain. Settle 1NW instead.

eldar said:
Don't settle on the White Dot, it'll waste a perfectly good hill in an area with otherwise rubbish terrain. Settle 1NW instead.
right you are.
thats why i keep losing stupid games :D

Roster and :bump: time:
eldar <- sitting back comfortably
soul_warrior <- just boogied
Hirachi Divano <- up? here?
Beorn-eL-Feared <- on deck
Cuivienen <- MIA
Tubby_Rower <- Grounded by choice, here in spirit

I'm going to advertise for a couple new players to replace TR and Cuivienen.

OK, I'll sign up. That is, if eldar isn't tired of seeing me in every game he plays. :) Just put me a spot or two down in the roster so I have a chance to read through the thread and get up to speed.

Did you ever decide who exactly it is that you're trying to help win? Or which victory condition to aim for?

Welcome on board :)

One of the other Scientific Civs was going to be our "pal", but as they're both on the other continent... In an emergency, China, but they're scary and aggressive.

As for the VC, it'll probably be Space, but if we can pull UN or 100K that would work too.

me wanna kill all!!!!
think i just has too many bourbouns. did we?
i say kill alll.
okeee
me go away.
kill aztecs in a solo game.
remmember pupils, NEVER drink and drive.
g'night.

ps eldar -pls post an updated roster, seems to have sluipped my mind

Just as long as you leave the Inca alone. They're mine, all mine....

Don't you guys see the Inca are just the puppets of the Aztecs? Montezuma is not to be trusted, beware.

Hirachi sounds dead, so unless he pops out, I'll play tomorrow night.

Roster and time:
eldar
soul_warrior
Hirachi Divano <- skipped
Beorn-eL-Feared <- up
Minute Man <- on deck
Cuivienen <- MIA
Tubby_Rower <- Grounded by choice, here in spirit

lurker's comment: I think that that is the second time that Hirachi was skipped. Sound like the roster is more like this.....

eldar
Whispers to Horses
Beorn <- Up
MM <- On deck

Swims Upriver with No Civ <- Lurking feverishly

Sure, I was just recalling some of the mind boggling speak that came from you in your SGs. I've edited see post above.

EDIT::::BTW, SW, I love you location. Hope your training goes well

1st off, we have a bunch of military, and horses connected, so all military builds are re-routed to Horsemen, all barrackless warriors strongly reconsidered.
Pre-Turn: Archers and warriors changed to worker, granary, horsemen depending.

IT: Phew, Spanyard dude boy leaves our place unscathed.

T1: I really have no clue about where we should settle those dudes in the galley, and there is a very nice spot with 2 games right by so I drop them off the coast and go explore the shore we see up in the north.
Image from the future:

IT: Vikings settle for one of the 2 games :wallbash:

T2: Seoul Horsemen->Settler, horses sent west for barb patrol.

IT: Survive barb attacks.

T3: Hyangsan worker->harbor, Found Ulsan:Barracks, PyongSong and Inch'on: harbors.

T4: CoL->Republic; we now have the FP threshold. We have avg/avg/strong(vs spain) military, I guess we can plan on taking advantage of it soon enough with horses, before republic will kick in.

IT: Spot a chinese warrior attacking a viking town. Perhaps we could pick China as little brother and help them defeat the evil red bearded ones.

T5: Settler out of Seoul headed north for the goody hut, along with some obsolete warrior that likes snow.

T6: Barb patrolling. I still have not traded CoL, because I don't know how much we could have for it - all the techs we see are IW and mysticism ... perhaps they are up construction, polytheism, monarchy ... who knows(well, not monarchy, that we can know).

IT7: Isa demands us out, which we abide, and our barb patrolling horse becomes elite.

T8: Found Taejon, last non-tundra city spot east of the Seoul river.

T9: Bella demands CoL, we say no, she says ok. Loser. Mao would not pay much for CoL, but Bella and Ragnar would give both IW, Myst and their gold. I won't risk China discovering it before we make our cash out of it, so:
CoL to Spain for IW, Myst and 71 gold.
All 3 have construction, so I buy for CoL, 168+6gpt - it won't get cheaper.
CoL to China for 54 gold.
Now Bella and Mao are up Polytheism, chances are they both research Monarchy as we speak.

There are 3 irons on the map: one ours, one Viking, one Chinese. None roaded.

T10: PingPong will need to be microed this way: On your first turn, lux up and work the 2f 1g grassland tile to get 4 food, then change to the roaded forest tile by the river(1f2s2g) for 2 turns. With the chop, you'll be smoothly making a 3 turn settler out of it on the population growth.

We need a couple more settlers to fill the west peninsula and we'll be good to go. Incense will be roaded in 2 or 3 turns. Our iron is on a hill in the desert.

Roster:
eldar <- On Deck
Whispers to Horses
Beorn
MM <- Up

Got it. I'll try to get this played sometime today.

soul_warrior said:
are we waiting till mid MA or so to see how things stabilize?

I think we should pick somebody fairly soon. It's be kind of lame if we just wait for a front-runner to emerge and then decide to help them win.

I'm a little annoyed we don't have any Sci civs available.

So far we have:
- Scandinavia. No, they're just not up to it.
- Spain. A could-be, if they weren't in the way.
- China. A very dangerous trade-off but they are possibles.

Top Bottom