elder scrolls mod development thread

Oh great, that makes it easier if you don't need to create custom skeletons. (I'll also have to check out Afterworld now.)

But it's amazing that you're able to achieve such unique models. Big congrats on learning how to bind meshes to skeletons :thumbsup:

thousands of little things in Mod that should be added, but it brings less pleasure than creating new models.
I understand how you feel, haha.

I really hope you can get some help with the coding (there are still a few active coders, I believe). But I don't know who to ask about the broken arrows of the tech tree.

Maybe you could create a new thread for it? If you want, I'm curious about the broken arrows too, so I'd be happy to make a request about the tech tree? And I can make a 'nuisance' of myself until someone helps me :mischief:

A reworked military line and up to ten UU's per civ? You'll definitely need more playtesters! I'll be here for another round of testing once you have everything in place :goodjob:

p.s. the Dwemer Automaton is totally awesome ^^

There are also problems with the technology tree. Here you can see the broken arrows. I don't know how to fix it.
Looks to me like the techs aren't arranged into a plane graph in terms of their iGridX, iGridY positions (Civ4TechInfos.xml); for example, I don't see how the arrow from Construction to Engineering could be drawn without intersecting other tech boxes. I've never actually rearranged anything in the tech tree myself, but my understanding is that the boxes need to be positioned manually. A diagramming program could be helpful for working out the positions. (Or is there something else broken in the screenshot that I'm missing?)

A reworked military line and up to ten UU's per civ?
Almost all the main units are ready. Now it really remains to encode everything. Soon you will need to run a couple of games for crashes

Looks to me like the techs aren't arranged into a plane graph in terms of their iGridX, iGridY positions (Civ4TechInfos.xml); for example, I don't see how the arrow from Construction to Engineering could be drawn without intersecting other tech boxes. I've never actually rearranged anything in the tech tree myself, but my understanding is that the boxes need to be positioned manually. A diagramming program could be helpful for working out the positions. (Or is there something else broken in the screenshot that I'm missing?)
You are right, there are some problems with the correct distribution of technologies. Some (for example - polytheism) I did not place it quite correctly and I need to move it to the right. But in such cases, the game usually does not draw an arrow at all, but indicates the icons of the necessary technologies in the upper right corner.
In addition, some arrows are really broken, and are located where they should not exist at all.

But in such cases, the game usually does not draw an arrow at all, but indicates the icons of the necessary technologies in the upper right corner.
I had been assuming that AndPreReqs are always indicated in the upper right corner and that OrPreReqs are always rendered as arrows. If that's not how it works, then I don't know what else to try.

I had been assuming that AndPreReqs are always indicated in the upper right corner and that OrPreReqs are always rendered as arrows. If that's not how it works, then I don't know what else to try.
That's how it works in BtS.
For AND2 Afforess has added an arrows override tag that gives more control over the arrows.

Yes, these Senche Tigers are incredible! Are you planning on creating any other Senche Mounts? Thank you ramzay :king:

Are you planning on creating any other Senche Mounts?
No, it is as Mounts - I do not plan. There will be a Sench without a rider, and Pahmar.

In addition to horses, the mounts will be distributed as follows:
Nords - mammoth
Dunmers - 2 guar and silt
Redguards - 5 camels and elephants
Khajiits, senche and elephant
Argonians - 2 swamp guar.
Dwemers and Orcs will have no cavalry.

In fact, with unique units and other than that, there is a lot of work to do.
As you can see from the table, only the dark green ones are completely ready.
Spoiler :

Last edited:
I love the style of your Bosmers. The face plates / masks are especially cool. Did you also create their weapons? Excellent as always ramzay :thumbsup:

I love the style of your Bosmers. The face plates / masks are especially cool. Did you also create their weapons? Excellent as always ramzay :thumbsup:
I got the face masks and other body models from Bakuel. These are russian, indian, khazar and malay units, which I have slightly reworked. Some weapons are also from him.
The head models and remaining weapons are modified from the original Skyrim models by roughly reducing the polygons.

Oh yeah, this is excellent! It seems like you adjusted some polygons and did some face sculpting? The eyes are very realistic, I feel like he's staring deep into my soul - he's ruthless and cunning for sure. The Forsworn are looking really good! Thank you ramzay :king:

Top Bottom