elder scrolls mod development thread

When I installed and launched the mod I got 2 error messages, can anyone help?

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 229
  • error1.png
    error1.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 224
The crash may be related to the art file xml. I recall I had to correct it to this:

<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_WARMAGE2</Type>
<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/warmage.dds</Button>
<fScale>0.42</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>0.9</fInterfaceScale>
<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
<NIF>Art/Units/mages/warmage2/mountedadept1.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/mages/warmage2/mongelkeshik.kfm</KFM>
<ShadowDef>
<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/HorseShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
<ShadowAttachNode>HorseBip Spine1</ShadowAttachNode>
<fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
</ShadowDef>
<fBattleDistance>0.5</fBattleDistance>
<fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
<bActAsRanged>1</bActAsRanged>
<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
<AudioRunSounds>
<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
</AudioRunSounds>

I've been experiencing a CTD whenever the War Mage is built by either myself or the AI. Has anyone else encountered this? Thanks!
Check that the button for the war mage is exactly 64x64 pixels. If it isn't that size then the game crashes in the exe when it tries to convert it to fit in the circle at the end of the city bar.

edit OK I downloaded the mod and that is not the problem :(

edit2 there is something wrong i.n the graphic or its definition. You can tell because the pedia page for the unit is not right. I tried with the alternate war mage art and got the same result.

You need to find someone who knows about the art stuff to help.

Last edited:
I have done a bit more playing with the XML and even replacing the art in the art defines with art from a unit that works does not fix the problem. This implies an error somewhere in some other bit of XML.

I thought that mod was dead and deader :)
thanks for the pretty teaser..

hi Ramzay1945
do you have an updated download link for the mod ? (the current download link gives the tamriel mod of june 2016)...

hi Ramzay1945
do you have an updated download link for the mod ? (the current download link gives the tamriel mod of june 2016)...

I am not a real mod developer.
The real one retired in 2016. But I have something. Not the vanilla version of the mod, but you might like it.
Send me pm
It is necessary to test the functionality, but none of the testers answered anything.

I am not a real mod developer.
The real one retired in 2016. But I have something. Not the vanilla version of the mod, but you might like it.
Send me pm
It is necessary to test the functionality, but none of the testers answered anything.
Hey Man I was wondering if you were still around to send me a download link for your version on this mod.

Well. Now I've redesigned the unit lineup to add variety.
Light swordsman, Crossbowman, light Spearman, early Horseman, heavy Horseman, Light Cavalry, Heavy Cavalry were added.
For this purpose, the technology tree has been modified and expanded.
The Conjuner was also changed. Due to the fact that the old python code was lost, this unit now works as a Mongol camp from the original scenario for the Warlords.
In addition, the magic effects were changed. Work on them is not yet complete.
Also, now we had to seriously change the unitarts.
Now the Bretons, Redguards, Nords, and Imperials are almost completely ready. There is an active work on Argonians and Ayleids.

Spoiler :

Last edited:
Top Bottom