Election Office -Under New Management

mhcarver

Newspaper Mogul
per the recently approved Code of laws article H7 the president now appoints the officials to head the election office and President SD3 has appointed me, Crimso, and trotsky 7 to head the election office so I'm making this thread and calling it my second office. I would like to congratulate my fellow elections officers on their appointments, from a brief lookover here is what we need to do:
1.Update the election results threads, these are atrociously out of date
2.Set up nominations/elections threads later,
3.Make a nominations tracker,

Since we've got until 8 days left in the month before nominations I propose we re-do the election index so that term 3 will be included and that we decide who will post the nominations and elections thread

Nominations are currently set to start on the 23rd and elections will begin on the 26th of this month

-Mhcarver

Perhaps this should be in the main DG forums, with elections coming up and all.

good idea, I just put this here because that is were the old thread was. Could a mod please move this to the Main forum and Sticky it?

nominations are set to start on the 23rd. I should be able to be their to post the threads but I would like to involve my fellow officers in any way possible, so if either of you guys want to post nomination threads then please do.

First, thanks for taking this on, mhcarver!

Would you mind updating the first post to include the current election cycle?

Thanks!
-- Ravensfire

Last year we started nominations (DG4 T1) a little early so that people who travel over Christmas can post their nominations before leaving on their trips. Would it be possible to do that again this year?

DaveShack said:
Last year we started nominations (DG4 T1) a little early so that people who travel over Christmas can post their nominations before leaving on their trips. Would it be possible to do that again this year?

The recently passed Code of Laws article H allows:
Code:
any citizen may open a pre-nomination thread in the main 
forum to post a self-nomination and acceptance for any 
office up to one week ahead of the normal nomination 
threads.

We are within 1 week, so anyone who wants to self-nominate and accept is welcome to.

I would like to request the debate threads be open now.
COL:
2. Debates
a. Debate threads shall be opened at the same time the
nomination threads are opened, and be placed in the Citizens
forum by a representative of the Election Office.
b. Any citizen may post a question for the candidates to
answer.
They should have been opened with the nomination threads.
I know crimson wanted PMs sent instead, but believe it or not hardly anyone will send PMs, its much better when a debate thread is open, and the thread poster can edit questions into the first post if he/she wants

Ok, if by law I am required to post the threads I'll do it. I'll post debate threads that don't have any use yet because so few candidates have accepted. I'll post debate threads that will probably go unused because there are so many uncontested elections. I'll let the people post their own questions, so that they'll be perfectly unbiased and fair.

I am perscribed by law to do so. I am not given any instructions or guidlines; I have no input from the people or the chair person of the office I serve; I have to do it on Christmas Eve.

Why the law perscribes so specifically what I am supposed to do with out any forsight into the results, I have no idea. But after this election, I will try to change it. I suppose I should thank you BH, because like me, you're just doing your job. Here they come! Watch as our beautiful main forum is swamped with usless threads! AHAHAH!

Crimso, my understanding is that there is very little participation in the later terms of Demogames. I am sorry my attendence has been sparse the past day or so but when the next DG starts I think the debate threads will be much more usefull. Good job bye the way :goodjob:

thanks Crimso and sorry for the inconveniance

P.S. next time put them in the citizens forum:
and be placed in the Citizens
forum
by a representative of the Election Office.

Due to a recent turn of events, mainly my parents forcing me to go camping with them(blasted being 16 years old) tommorow, I will not be around to post elections threads so Crimso could you please post threads , and if not could the president please appoint anybody willing to do so, I am really really sorry

-Mhcarver
Elections Office

Would Trotsky 7 also please report? Otherwise, I may consider that citizen absent.

I won't be back from work until at least 3-4 Hours after the Election deadline. And depending on my state, I may be too tired then... Hm...

Well, officially it's still the 26th, but we do not yet have Election Polls. I think mhcarver is actually a Republican in disguise. ;) j/k.

I hope there won't be any hard feelings if someone other than an Election Office person posts the Election Polls. They need to be done.

Black_Hole said:
thanks Crimso and sorry for the inconveniance

P.S. next time put them in the citizens forum:

If this is indeed in the CoL now, then I need to pay more attention. Last time we tried putting Debates in the Citizens Forum(away from the rest of the electoral action), it was a major disappointment. The electoral process should unfold in the same place to minimize confusion.

Top Bottom