Elven Female Mage

seZereth

FfH´s art monk(ey)
Nice one, SeZ!
Any ETA on the release of the infantry stuff you did for Blood&Iron?

oh, right, i wanted to finish that stuff too. will see if i can spare one evening this week.

Wow, awesome as usual! How much time did you spend on her head? :wow: The staff's pretty cool as well.

EDIT: Checked her out and great use of the alpha channel! ;) Also, just wondering; do the polygons on the inside of her count? Because maybe some of them could be removed for even less polys?

Wow, awesome as usual! How much time did you spend on her head? :wow: The staff's pretty cool as well.

EDIT: Checked her out and great use of the alpha channel! ;) Also, just wondering; do the polygons on the inside of her count? Because maybe some of them could be removed for even less polys?

thanks, nice to hear that from someone as skilled as you!

yea, the inside polies definitely could be removed, but well.. i was lazy and she still has less polies than many of the vanilla units...

The Head, well, I modified the one i created for my dark elven girls, so not really a lot of work.
actually, texturing doesnt take me a lot of time anymore, neither does modelling. most of the time is wasted on making the stuff look right with animations.

You forgot to remove the bones at the lower jawline. You know, the ones that make a face look "manly".

At the fore of the jaw, right at the bottom, there's a spot halfway along there where, on the male face, two bones (one on each side) make the edge of the jaw stick out a bit in a convex fashion. Not much, but those bones aren't present on women. They're meant to distinguish males from females at a glance, hence the 'fugly' comments.

The only way I can see for you to fix this is to alter the model itself. I'm not sure if this is possible or not...or easy...

There's a reason why the removal of these bones is a high demand surgery among Male to Female Transsexuals. They don't look quite "right" until they do; in fact, they look like men pretending to be women. I imagine before the surgery they try to avoid mirrors; it's gotta be an odd mental dissonance, especially given why they're Transsexuals in the first place.

This is not the most comfortable topic I've broached here...however, I thought you might like to know what the comments were about...and how to fix it. If it's possible, that is. :/

Also, I wish I had some reference pictures for you to look at, but I don't. However, it's probably not all that hard to find. Just look at any drawing of a man or woman that's done particularly well. On a woman the jaw will be a straight line, for a man the line will curve down (or more precisely, out, but on a 2D picture perspective is relative). It's particularly easy to see in drawings done in the Manga (a.k.a. Anime) art style.

Just remember, male jaw lines are convex, while female jaw lines are concave (or flat). If unsure, err on the side of concave. This will flatten the cheeks and improve her appearance immeasurably.

You forgot to remove the bones at the lower jawline. You know, the ones that make a face look "manly".

At the fore of the jaw, right at the bottom, there's a spot halfway along there where, on the male face, two bones (one on each side) make the edge of the jaw stick out a bit in a convex fashion. Not much, but those bones aren't present on women. They're meant to distinguish males from females at a glance, hence the 'fugly' comments.

The only way I can see for you to fix this is to alter the model itself. I'm not sure if this is possible or not...or easy...

There's a reason why the removal of these bones is a high demand surgery among Male to Female Transsexuals. They don't look quite "right" until they do; in fact, they look like men pretending to be women. I imagine before the surgery they try to avoid mirrors; it's gotta be an odd mental dissonance, especially given why they're Transsexuals in the first place.

This is not the most comfortable topic I've broached here...however, I thought you might like to know what the comments were about...and how to fix it. If it's possible, that is. :/

Also, I wish I had some reference pictures for you to look at, but I don't. However, it's probably not all that hard to find. Just look at any drawing of a man or woman that's done particularly well. On a woman the jaw will be a straight line, for a man the line will curve down (or more precisely, out, but on a 2D picture perspective is relative). It's particularly easy to see in drawings done in the Manga (a.k.a. Anime) art style.

Just remember, male jaw lines are convex, while female jaw lines are concave (or flat). If unsure, err on the side of concave. This will flatten the cheeks and improve her appearance immeasurably.

yea no worries.
I figured that out myself, after the first comments i had a look what makes her so manly (and well, i have to admit, i used my male model as a base...).
And well I fixed her, which of course is not visible on the screenshot.

Top Bottom