1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Embarked land unit can't move onto a city if there is a workboat inside

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Confirmed Bugs' started by DaveGold, Oct 23, 2010.

1. DaveGold

DaveGold Emperor

Title says it. The verification checks whether a naval embarked unit can move into the city, ignoring the fact that the embarked unit will become a land unit when it enters the city. It should be legal for the (disembarked) land unit and the naval unit to be inside the city at the same time.

Quite often this won't matter as you would move your work boat out. I've found a situation where it would matter, since I accidentally embarked one turn, the English declared war the next turn, and it's a problem. Reload!

Attached Files:

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Please attach a savegame for this situation.

3. DaveGold

DaveGold Emperor

Not exactly the same as the screenshot but you still can't move the embarked land unit into a city containing the workboat.

Attached Files:

4. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

Bug confirmed. The embarked Catapult can't enter the city while the Work Boat is there. I also disembarked the Catapult to a tile adjacent to the city (Diyarbakir) and left the Work Boat in the city. The next turn I could move the Catapult into the city with the WB still there.

Version 1.0.0.62

Moderator Action: Moved to the Confirmed Bugs thread,