Embassy with Anarchie

I'm not sure it would be too imbalanced. The Brotherhood is kind of in trouble, isn't it? Removing Anarchie would take the pressure off them, but OTOH, they've fallen behind.

They might be "Team SABER" of this game :p

I'm not sure it would be too imbalanced. The Brotherhood is kind of in trouble, isn't it? Removing Anarchie would take the pressure off them, but OTOH, they've fallen behind.

They might be "Team SABER" of this game :p

No, they are not going to win ;)

Proposed message to the ANA ~

To the Free People,

Our friends in the Kitchen are adamant about keeping Chivalry in the 3-way agreement. Researching the agreement, we have found that they have a point, it was in the original proposal and agreed upon treaty. Therefore Eagles have decided to change course a bit.

Eagles WILL research Chivalry as our part of the agreement. We will still research Education after Feudalism, so Chivalry will be AFTER Education. As Education is a priority for the Eagle nation, we would like to ask what turn Theology will be delivered to us. This information will help us immensely in getting our ducks fledglings lined up.

There is also the matter of the gold due us by the Free People for prior technology. Have you a payment lined up to send to us? We need it now to help with our research costs. Thanks.

Cyc
Your Eagle Correspondent

Even if we wait till after MT to research Chivalry, that will be AFTER Education...

Updated. Sending now.

From PaGe at the Anarchy...

Theology will be finished in 2 turns (R101 - 530 BC). You posted Feuda will be finished in 9 turns earlier. Is it R100 or R101?

The Knights have to stacks at our borders and forced me to raze a city.
I must have a look, if it's better for us to get Feuda as early as possible for upgrading or to hold it back to build some more units before. It would be fine, if you can send it accepted after researching, so I/we can decide it at the beginning of the turn.

We should probably respond with another request for gold payment before considering when we will send the Feudalism tech.

From PaGe at the Anarchy...

Theology will be finished in 2 turns (R101 - 530 BC). You posted Feuda will be finished in 9 turns earlier. Is it R100 or R101?

The Knights have to stacks at our borders and forced me to raze a city.
I must have a look, if it's better for us to get Feuda as early as possible for upgrading or to hold it back to build some more units before. It would be fine, if you can send it accepted after researching, so I/we can decide it at the beginning of the turn.

We should probably respond with another request for gold payment before considering when we will send the Feudalism tech.

I am not sure what amount of money they owe us. But I want to offer Feudalism to Anarchy. Brotherhood seems to get stronger now and we want to keep it balaced as long as possible, right? :)

From Anarchie...

Next round wie finish theology and will sent it accepted to you. If you aren't short in money, you can start research in the next round, if you select the path to education, cause you will get theology before your research is calculated.

Thanks for sending feuda accepted, but I haven`t taken it, cause a stack of 11 units is at our borders, so we can't upgrade the units in our main. Will have to produce more units and have some cities with 15 shields, so a sword is fine, a medinf wouldn't.

plus 2 minutes later:

Is there something planed for further exchange. Who is your relationship to the kitchen?

Proposed letter to Anarchie:

Dear free people,

we have gathered our beancounters and bureaucrats to brood over our contracts and deals. They have found some things we need to talk about.

1. The original three-way-treaty.

According to our books there is an amount of 250 (208 from research + 42 from selling maths) gold pieces that we are waiting for from your cash box. As we know that you are busy with reseaching Theology and surely have investments into the war, we do not want to push you too much. But it would be helpful for our planning to know, when you will be able to pay this amount. Also a gpt deal would be fine.

2. Our "Theology for Education?" deal:

You already offered us to send Theology (1000 beakers) after researching it. Do you want Education (1100 beakers) for it?

If yes, we'd be glad to give it to you. It would be a difference of 100 beakers, which we would accept in gold.

3. Kueche:

We are peaceful neighbours. We have not noticed them being aggressive on the borders or in negotiations. The Kitchen has stated that they will research Chivalry. That is fine with us.

Comments?

I think we need a strategy discussion about where we are going from here. For example, do we want a stipulation that Theology/Education cannot be traded to Kuche? Do we want to mention that Kuche's preoccupation with Chivalry concerns us? Or do we want to continue a good neighbor policy and try to keep everyone sweet? I just don't know...

@ Calis ~
1 and 2 are fine. You might want to reword 3 to...

We are peaceful neighbours. We have not noticed them being aggressive on the borders or in negotiations. The Kitchen has stated that they will research Chivalry. That is fine with us.

@ Chamnix ~

I think that discussion is needed. As a note about research, I think we should start thinking about stalling the 3-way agreement. Let's be isolationists for a while until the Chivalry/Military Tradition power play pans out. I think things are about to change.

I agree with the two of you that we need to think about our plans.

A very rough idea of mine is basically that after researching Education (and exchange with Anarchie), we go our own way. At least we do not do any more (tech) deals with Kueche. We pump our cities up to size 12, beeline research towards Military Tradition and conquer our continent. After that, we'll see.

@Cyc: Thank your for the adjustment. Will do so.

Adjusted proposal:

Dear free people,

we have gathered our beancounters and bureaucrats to brood over our contracts and deals. They have found some things we need to talk about.

1. The original three-way-treaty.

According to our books there is an amount of 250 (208 from research + 42 from selling maths) gold pieces that we are waiting for from your cash box. We are well aware that you are busy with reseaching Theology and surely have investments into the war. Thus, we do not want to push you too much. But it would be helpful for our planning to know, when you will be able to pay this amount. Also a gpt deal would be fine.

2. Our "Theology for Education?" deal:

You already offered us to send Theology (1000 beakers) after researching it. Do you want Education (1100 beakers) for it?

If yes, we'd be glad to give it to you. It would be a difference of 100 beakers, which we would accept in gold. Furthermore, we believe it's in our mutual interest that, if we (or you) can sell one of these techs to a third team, we share the profit evenly between us.

3. Kueche:

Is that better?

Yes, a good letter. Covers a lot of bases and is fairly concise. :thumbsup:

I just opened the save and Anarchie did not send us Theoogy. The reason might be that an old player (kleinerHeldt) returned and forgot about it. But I won't send them Feudalism again accepted until Theology is on the table. :(

As I assumed. I trust that this is the truth...

Hello Calis, dear Eagles!

I'm to blame. Monday was my first day back at the anarchie and I spend several hours with the save and the last discussions in the team, in order to get up-to-date and for passing the game briefly.
There was a very, very big advice by PaGe to send theology to the Eagles and I tried to find out why it was that important. Everything I could find was the unsigned treaty above changing theo and edu and an open discussion in the team whether we need a prohibition of permission, or not.
In that moment I wanted to wait a round to clear the open question and sign the treaty.
Today PaGe came back and he is I think as peeved as you are not passing theo to you.

I get the real circumstances only now. You wasted several pieces of gold because of my fault. I hope we can find a way to make this unhappen. Perhaps you can tell us, how many money you lost during the last round and we will try to close this gap immediately.

Please excuse my fault.
kH

I will set up a reply tomorrow...

As we did not really lose any money, I do not think we need anything else, but the open 250gold. Any other opinions?

Top Bottom