Emperor Domination

Boston = EST.

Sux to be Galileo. Oh wait, he's going to China and Japan. Maybe it doesn't.

peace,
lilnev

Guys I've been playing around with the pyramids and early representation is so damn powerful...Depending on whether or not we have copper I think it would be worthwhile to discuss building the pyramids given that we have stone. It is expensive and yes it will delay early expansion, but it more than pays for itself in the long run imo...

I could be easily convinced not to go for the pyramids, but I just thought I'd throw it out there for discussion...

futurehermit. I fully agree. Pyramids are extremely powerful. We can itself easily achieve Liberalism and also get GM from Economics simultaneusly. It should be built anf if so, it must be chop-rushed. It's too important.

nice to know where we're all in the world that way we know when to expect updates:)

hmmm, why are we reasearching the wheel? for what? I thought we agreed on BW.

ok, then pyramids. how do we want to do it?

Okay done.

No pictures, sorry. We've met Hannibal and Washington, lost a Scout, discovered AH, built a Worker, and are working toward The Wheel.

And...Washington is Industrious...*le sigh*

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/25465/Emperor_Domination_Team_BC-3200.CivWarlordsSave

Washington is not industrious. We did agree on BW. And in the first post I said we all need to agree to post screenshots. It makes it more interesting and also allows for easier discussion. I will post the screens this time around...

I hope in the future everyone will follow these basic guidelines :goodjob:

edit: this is "got it" by the way. will play my 10 turns now since I have some time...

3200-2800BC

Inherited Turn:

Took notice of 3 patches of horses that turned up:

Set research to fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Vra please, please follow what we agree to do, we really needed that fishing tile hooked up!) 1 turn left on wheel when we need it.

AH-Fishing-BW.
Worker-warrior(should have time before Fishing is in?)-boat-settler. City should be size 3, working Cow+Clams+mine, while building the settler.

At that point, hopefully the Wheel if we've got metal or horse to connect.

3160BC: -

3120BC: Warrior built, started settler (I figured now that fishing has been delayed that we can't get a workboat before claiming the city to the east, which I determined was more important...). Encountered Hannibal's lands...

3080BC: -

3040BC: -

3000BC: -

2960BC: Completed Fishing, started bronze...

2920BC: -

2880BC: -

2840BC: -

2800BC: Hit enter, but didn't touch anything. Buddhism FIDL.

Capital:

Known World:

Resources East:

Resources South:

Potential Wheat-horse-stone site:

Alternative Wheat Site 1 (both alternative sites claim fish):

Alternative Wheat Site 2 (Requires settling on the wheat!):

Potential Rice-Wine Site:

My Preferred Rice-Gold Site (Any silk city would be food-weak):

if lilnev plays today I'll play tomorrow. assumed situation doesn't change. so we still agree on founding city in the east? I actually start to like the spot one east of what you marked futurehermit. more hills (one or two!?!) and we'll grab the silk with the second border pop.

what should we research after BW? mysticism for monuments I'd suggest. we don't really need anymore worker techs right now (except for masonry in the near future).

berlin should build workboat next and then we probably need some defense and another settler soon after.

Got it. I can play tonight and post tomorrow.
so we still agree on founding city in the east? I actually start to like the spot one east of what you marked futurehermit. more hills (one or two!?!) and we'll grab the silk with the second border pop.
I assume you mean one west, on our side of the river? I think I like that spot better too, for the extra grass hill. Though they're pretty close to equivalent.

what should we research after BW? mysticism for monuments I'd suggest.
Probably Myst, yeah. Though if we don't have Copper, we might think about Archery? Capital's second border pop for Horses won't come until 1960 BC. Is that OK?

berlin should build workboat next and then we probably need some defense and another settler soon after.
Agree.

About the Pyramids: I'm not sold, for three reasons.
1) You're talking about claiming Stone with the third city. After the third city builds a monument, and waits 10 turns for the border pop, and several more turns for the workers to build the quarry. I'm not convinced.
2) Using the third city to claim Stone means not using it to claim Copper (probably). Maybe we'll be lucky and already have Copper, or it'll be right next to the Stone anyway.
3) Building the Pyramids means our best production city is not building axes with which to kill Alex.

Basically, I see it as a somewhat unlikely gamble, with significant opportunity costs. And we pay those costs whether we get the stone trophy or not. Let's reassess when we know where the Copper is, but for now put me in the sceptical column.

Speaking of which, anyone mind if I play 12 turns? I see 11 turns to BW, plus one turn for the Wheel which should be done first so our worker can stay employed. I think knowing where Copper is will make for a better discussion....

peace,
lilnev

^^^ok, good points.

My thoughts:

-I think either placement of the east city is fine. What I like about the one I suggested is that it claims 1/2 of those silks on 2nd border pop without the need for another food-poor city. And although it has 1 less hill it has 3 more chops...

-I think it is no problem if you want to play 12 turns so we can discuss our options with/out copper.

-I think pyramids is too much of a gamble as well. Ideally we would've wanted to have copper visible for our 2nd city and if no copper we could've claimed the stone with 2nd city. I think that it is unlikely we will get pyramids with stone in our 3rd city. I think pyramids are really powerful, especially for a philosophical leader, but I think you're right that it's unlikely we will get things to pan out.

-Another thing we need to consider is chariot-rushing alex. This would depend on us being able to prevent him from hooking up a metal, but it is something we should consider if we don't have copper...If we can at least capture/raze 2 of his cities (probably not capital...) then that would cripple him and we can mop him up once we get construction...along with the rest of the continent :lol: elephant + cata rules :D

Top Bottom