Ending Movies

Cyrinno

Warlord
So I don't mind that wonders don't have movies because the voice over and picture is still quite good, but what I really really hate is no ending movies. After winning the game it's the least I would expect and make you feel like you've actually achieved something.

Movies and replays and anything else they can give me. If I go through thousands of years and win, I want to gloat about it for a while and savor the victory. Why Firaxis took out that particular enjoyment aspect is beyond me.

So I don't mind that wonders don't have movies because the voice over and picture is still quite good, but what I really really hate is no ending movies. After winning the game it's the least I would expect and make you feel like you've actually achieved something.

Agreed. I like the pictures for the Wonders since I ended up skipping the movies after the 1st or 2nd time anyway, but winning the game right now feels totally anticlimactic, which it shouldn't seeing how you're putting lots of hours into each game in all likelihood. Yay, there's a picture of a bunch of random flags and people, I won a diplomacy victory!

Really lame.....

(Oh, and agree with the replays too as mentioned above, I really miss them).

I would love victory movies, agreed about the wonder painting + quote being better than wonder movies though (except the Rock and Roll wonder movie from Civ 4, which I adore).

One other approach they could take is simply to have various victory read-outs and pictures, for some variety. I appreciated the small touch of the era read-outs being different ("Welcome to the Classical Era!" vs. The king's might is greater than human, and his might is very long, vs the Zeus quote for example), and I wonder why they didn't do the same for the victory read-outs.

Movies and replays and anything else they can give me. If I go through thousands of years and win, I want to gloat about it for a while and savor the victory. Why Firaxis took out that particular enjoyment aspect is beyond me.

I bet it was not intentional. They wanted to do end movie and game replay but, like many other features, they didnt make it in time. They should have delayed the release but it was not possible because of agreements with the producer, so here we are.

Hopefully they will add all the missing/unfinished stuff in the next months.

Top Bottom