English football thread no 2

Probably. Just seems slightly annoying that he always seems to have an excuse, and though in the past some decisions by referees have been bad, I genuinely thought the referee did a good job in the final.

Next he'll be blaming his shirt colours :lol:

He could probably make himself a local hero if he blamed Glazer... :mischief:

There's always hope next season:

As a shareholder I just got this email from Glazer ;)

An Open Letter to the United's Supporters

From Malcolm Glazer

As you all know, I've been looking to buy the United's of Manchester for a little while now. I've also heard that some of you may not be too happy about me using, sorry, buying the club in order to reach new heights and also, that I may not be a fan. Well fear not, as I'm writing this personal letter to let you know that I'm a genuine fan of you blue devils. I began rooting for the United's back in 1992 when our little Malcolm JR was practising those Soccer home runs out in the yard. I loved the way you turned defense into offense, and the way that Bobby Shearer used to top half it into the goal bag. Oh man, that play was hot. My son tells me that you even out-zoned your City rivals Southampton in the 4th quarter of the FA World series.

As for your current team, that Rude guy is awesome!!!! I see a profitable future at the United, with the young talent of Cristiano Rooney (man, that guy can dance!) and Peter Shilton giving us hope in defeating the evil Russian tyranny which assaults the freedom of our beloved Soccer. With the marketing potential of those Neville brothers and that Pearce dude leading the team, we can all look to achieving our beliefs of a better future. Especially when I add Alexei Lalas and Cobi Jones to the starting 15.

Now to you, the fans. I've been to see the United's play once before, and the respect you pay your team in silently admiring the play out on the pitch was overwhelming. Because of this, I've just purchased a new £45 million mansion in Manchester to be close to you guys. And more good news is I'm planning to add an extra 10,000 seats through corporate boxes so more genuine blue devils can experience the play. What's with the prawn sandwiches I had to eat when I was there? Well, rest assured, it'll be SuperSize Prawn & Mayo Subways when I take charge. I can't wait to come over to the Manchester isles, as I love the country, especially the beaches and the hot chicks. I hope you can all see my vision of this future, with new shirt sponsors (Dunkin Donuts) and new team name (The Manchester Gloom) I'm sure things are looking bright.

Further good news for you guys is that I've just agreed a partnership deal with McDonalds, who will help in promoting the Manchester brand. This will involve re-naming the stadium to 'McTrafford' and the construction of not one, like that Wembley Bowl has, but TWO Golden Arches - as well as an exciting launch of Manchester Gloom plastic fan toys in every happy meal. Cristiano Rooney will be the face of this campaign and during this, he will be marketed globally as Roonald McDonald. TOUCHDOWN! Take care dudes!

See y'all in the European SuperBowl Final which I'll be watchin' from my little place in the Bahamas!

:lol: very clever. I actually read it thinking it was legit and he was trying to add some humour, quite funny

Dave Jones is the new manager at Cardiff City. :)

In other news...

Peter Ridsdale is in charge of cutting expenditure.

And Michael Jackson is in charge of the creche.

:rolleyes:

And West Ham are back in the premiership...

It's nice to have them back, I think, but still a wind-up that they get promoted after only managing 6th place in the Championship.

phoenix_night said:
In other news...

Peter Ridsdale is in charge of cutting expenditure.

And Michael Jackson is in charge of the creche.

:rolleyes:
:lol:

I think heard of Ridsdale being decribed as the ideal man for the job with lots of experience :crazyeye:

I reckon it's because most of the team are not established internationals and consequently have something to play for.

now if only Scotland can do better as well.....

I must admit, it was nice to see Owen get a hattrick. I've always liked Owen and felt sorry for whats been happening to him at Real. hopefully that hattrick will either make the Real Directors take heed or make a few parties interested back home.

probably alot. he's even a bit of a name as well. you buy him and you'll be able to get back some of the money from shirt sales and whatnot, like what Real did with Beckham.

I'd say you'd be able to get him for around 15. but the way things seem it'll probably be a money + player deal

It must be quite depressing for Owen that in the season he leaves for Real Madrid, "the club of the century", they sink in every competition and Liverpool wins the Champions League...

thetrooper said:
I'd like to see him back where he belongs :)

sure, no problem. they'd just ask for a straight swap, Owen for Gerrard. I'm sure Real would jump at the chance no? :p

Top Bottom