[GS] Error when trying to launch asset editor

DeepSoul

Warlord
When I try to launch asset editor it loads for a couple of second, I see some messages and one of two errors shows in read text. Either it's "Failed to start bug submission agent" or it's a very long message saying something about MEFCompositionException and AFT, and then it closes by itself. It's the same error reported here(except mine is in english and not french): https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/asset-editor-error-mef-compositionexception.644704/

My windows is in US English, so it's not about the language I think. I've also tried to move the SDK files to D:\SteamLibrary instead but that didn't help. What's causing this error and is there anything else I can do? I'm running Windows 10 and have installed Visual Studio.

You could try deleting the AssetEditor and AssetCloud directories from under C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming then re-opening the Asset Editor.

Clearing out the cache this way sometimes fixes issues with opening the Asset Editor.

You could try deleting the AssetEditor and AssetCloud directories from under C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming then re-opening the Asset Editor.

Clearing out the cache this way sometimes fixes issues with opening the Asset Editor.

I have already solved this. The problem was that I didn't have the language in language settings set to US english. But thanks for replying.

hello i have same issue as deep soul but i cant seem to find any language settings and i doubt that it would make any difference, i already tried deleting the asset editor and asset cloud directoris but it didnt help any other ideas?

Top Bottom