Escape From Zombie Island 2: The Remake

Zombie movies! Thank goodness for TCM. Their LatAm branch has decided to show old stuff like Dawn of the Dead in an attempt to get new viewers.

... Just wondering How many of you Zombie Fans also Play "Left 4 Dead 2". Different Game of course but Fun as well.

Well, I haven't yet, but after you mentioned it, I looked it up on wikipedia. I can't figure out how the cooperation works. I mean, do you connect with friends over the Internet? Does that mean you all have to meet up every time you want to play? If so, it seems like it might be difficult to actually finish the game. Just asking because you got me interested.

dafiden...

It is played through "Steam" and their Public Servers. You can also set up a LAN Game or join them.
Offline Mode is also played when you want to play alone with "Bots" as your Team Members.
You can play Online and go with any Campaign of the game with other Players who join you (or you join them) or set up a Friends only game.

The Campaigns are only a few "levels" to finish. There are 8 Campaigns to chose from any time you want to play. Online or Off Line. The Campaigns are around 1 hour to complete all levels, give or take.

Voice, using a Mic, is available as most Online games of this nature have.

As for "cooperation"... that is needed to "Live" through the Campaigns but as is true of most Public servers with the various players who happen to join you... that is not always something you can count on :)

If you have Friends you can play with, you can set up a Friends Only game and have more Fun because you will all work better together.

Excellent Graphics and Very Good Game play... Challenging and Fun for the Type of Game it is but you need fast reflexes and the help of your Team to fair well. The "lone ranger" types will be killed more than not due to the Special Zombie Units that will attack players. The players have no way to deal with such attacks other than the other members of their team who can save them.

So it is a Team effort in that regard... Individuals all have their strong points but collectively they are stronger the better they work together.

Vuldacon, it sounds pretty neat now that you've allayed my fears over the multiplayer. I used to play World of Warcraft since one of my friends begged me for years to play and it turned out we were never even online at the same time, so I didn't have a "real-life" friend to play with. So, that kinda soured my experience with multiplayer games. I may actually try this since I do love anything to do with zombies.

dafiden...
I totally understand... It is quite easy and very controllable now as to what and how you want to play as well as choosing to play with Only Friends or the Worlds "Fiends" that are ever present.

I will say that the Graphics in Left 4 Dead 2 are Gruesome to say the least but that adds to the "Panic" affect for thrilling Game play Experiences.

Once saturated with the Extremes offered for so many Fast pased games On and Offline these days, Turn Based games such as CIV become that much more desirable to play for pleasurable experiences... Civ games are more thought provoking and ultimately better in the long run because Nothing can beat what the Human Mind "sees" and experiences. We are given time to think and consider details as they affect us on a more personal basis as well as take advantage of leisure in a more personally controllable manner.

...as it has been written, "there is a time and place for everything" :)

Just in case, I'm stocking up on Zombrex™, just in case.
Spoiler usage :
It could be used as either a tech or a strategic resource. Or both. It could enable some elite units or completing part of an escape plan…

You did read the spoiler, din'tcha?

Supa... First, Glad you find it a challenge but Like all Games, there is a learning curve one must go through to understand how to play it better. Yes, it was intended that the Zombies can build Dogs without a Dog Resource. That was to prevent a Human Player from being able to shoot out Roads to prevent the Zombies from having Dogs as well as to make sure the Zombies could build Zombie Dogs in all buildings.

The New Version I have been working on is better in many ways. Difficult but with far better Power and ability. Much Larger and the Zombie Dogs are not such a problem and are more controlled.
Many Units are now controlled by requiring an Improvement or "Key Location" to Auto-produce them only. It has been almost impossible to have the AI build a unit when it is desired and the desired number of them, so I have forced this control to gain better game play.

The Zombies are far Stronger at direct fighting than the Human Units in general and they have many more Units but the Humans have extreme Bombard (Shoot) Power and that is the basic method of Play to Survive and Win.

The Zombies have 30 starting buildings now and when they capture the Hospital on Turn One, unless a Human is playing as the Authorities, they have 31. This Out Numbers the Human Player 5 to 1.

The Game requires fewer turns but game play time is much longer.
Many more New Units, Key Locations, Improvements and Buildings in the Game.
New Graphics additions throughout and all Text files have been worked on totally to address all Game factors for this New Game. Everything from Advisors to Labels and the Civilopedia has "miles" of additions and Links to be as complete as possible.

So Many additions and changes that I cannot begin to list them all.
What I hoped could be tested and adjusted in a month or two has become Five Months now... so I am continuing to Game Test and Adjust for now. I have been Game Testing just the Survivors although I do make adjustments for all Factions as I adjust the Survivors. That said, I will have to Game Test each Faction later but want to have the Basic Game Play established before I continue making the remaining Unit Additions. This is to sort of help "free my mind" from Game Play Factors so I can focus only on making the Desired Units. I have been working alone on Every Aspect of the Game since the Remake Release and it has been a Huge amount of work but all is developing as I want it to and Great Fun.
My Hope is that when I Finish this New Version, people will still be interested in it. :)

Just for a simple example this is the New Splash Screen I made to keep it above the other Game boxes on screen. As you can see on the mini map, the game is larger and has more buildings.
When/if will this version be ready? :)

When/if will this version be ready?
S.C.dude... Several Set Backs this past year with Many problems in Life I had to deal with.
Of course it will be completed and depending on how things go, I hope to have it ready to be Released by this Summer.

This might be able to help. ;)

When/if will this version be ready? :)

It's not "if", it is being worked on regularly. Vuldacon is altering damn near every facet of the game to make it a truly unique experience (and I happen to agree with him on this).

Be patient, it will be well worth the wait! :goodjob:

What say ya?
Spoiler :

@Tank_Guy#3: How many supplies will the wait be worth?

I'm really looking forward to this! Will the other human factions be able to put up more of a fight, as usually once the tide has turned on the zombies, it is more of an afterthought to mop up the remaining factions? Will the AI also use bombardment more effectively? Will there be more added in terms of the storyline, or other cool things, like an upgrade for the T.W.A.T.(i.e. the Terminator)?

I'm really looking forward to this! Will the other human factions be able to put up more of a fight, as usually once the tide has turned on the zombies, it is more of an afterthought to mop up the remaining factions? Will the AI also use bombardment more effectively? Will there be more added in terms of the storyline, or other cool things, like an upgrade for the T.W.A.T.(i.e. the Terminator)?
Bengal Tiger... The AI Human Factions are easy to Conquer because they do not use Lethal Shooting Power as a Human Does. This factor has to be there because any of the Human Factions can be played by the Human Player. If the Human Factions were set up with Power that the AI will use to offset the Lethal Shooting Power a Human uses when playing any of the Human Factions the Game would be a "Stalemate".

The Human Factions are set up to last longer now but all will fall to the Zombies except the one the Human Player chooses to play... if played well :)

The Farmers will usually have Zebs Farm and the Coffee Plantation remaining because they can make peace with the Zombies. In General, the Zombies will capture all other Human Faction Buildings so there will not be much, if any, "Mop Up" concerning other Factions.

I tend to help the Authorities so they can keep the "Military Base", "City Hall" and "Police Station". This allows the Authorities time to build Key Locations later that I can then Capture for use such as the "Police Department" and "Missile Capability" that auto-produce "Highway Patrol" and "Shrike Missiles" :)

Many Strategic ways to play the Game and that is the decision of the Player.

So called "Game Balance" is actually many Imbalances that have to be discovered by the Human Player and taken advantage of in order to Win.
The Biggest Problem has always been how to "Balance" each Faction for the AI as well as for the Human Player when the AI will not use Lethal Shooting Power as a Human. This not only affects the Game Play against the Zombies but also each Human Faction played by the AI as opposed to the Faction a Human Player plays.

I had to place Many immobile "Sated Alpha Zombies" in the Beginning Zombie Buildings to provide enough Defense to prevent easily Capturing the buildings but it is not possible to do the same for each Human Faction because that would cause problems for the Zombies where they could not capture any building.
... the only answer to this was to set the Human Factions with the desirable Lethal Bombardment = Shooting for the Human Player because the AI will not use this power the same and set the Zombies with more buildings that have Sated Alpha Zombies so they are more difficult to capture. That and set the Zombies to out number the Human Player 5 to 1 and gain units faster.

The Zombies gain more Powerful Units as the Game progresses so the Game will play well to the end despite the Many Lethal Shooting Units the Human Player will have such as Various Special one of a kind Units, Champions, Marines, Paratroopers and Snipers... no more thinking the game is won without a fight toward the end :)

The AI will use Lethal Shooting... for example, you will see a SWAT running around sniping together with a National Guard and Troop Truck. The Zombies will use Omega Zombies to Lethal "Spit" on units surrounding their buildings. In general the AI prefers to direct Attack out in the Open with a few exceptions.

The "T-800" is a one of a kind unit for the Company that does not upgrade but there are many other units to rescue/capture and upgrade for each Faction in the game now.

Top Bottom