[NFP] Ethiopia Pack Patch Notes Discussion

Apparently one can see Secret Society's monument in the AI city square, both directly and using mouse over, without any diplomatic visibility, simply scouting the city with the unit. So it's not so secret :crazyeye:

Last edited:
Ethiopia default colours and alternates:
1. Med Yellow / Dark Green
2. Dark Green / Med Yellow
3. Med Red / Med Yellow
4. Dark Green / Med Red (that's hard on the eyes).

Looks like colours from the Ethiopian flag, which was the base for the pan-African flags (red / yellow / green).

Interestingly, usually unit uniforms match with a civ's default colors, however I just started up an Ethiopia game and my warrior has red clothes despite the default for Ethiopia being yellow and green.

Think this is also new info from the previews - level 4 for Owls of Minerva and Hermetic Order
Owls of Minerva: interest income and spy bonuses

upload_2020-7-23_14-31-36.png

Hermetic Order: project for gold, science and GPP
upload_2020-7-23_14-32-3.png

Mathematics, huh. I was sure it would be on the civics tree, probably at Diplomatic Service (which would admittedly be too late for the early tier buildings)
Civil Service could have worked.

How, how, how is the Work Ethic bug not fixed? Seriously.

Come on Firaxis...

my guess is this was introduced in the last update (june) and they,d already closed the contents for the july DLC. So my feeling is that it'll be fixed next month. It's
actually a quite normal way of getting regular deliveries for an IT point of view

Remind me please, what was the bug?
The healing bonus attached to the Cothon straight up doesn't/didn't work.

This was still the case until at least the last update. What I'm interested in knowing is whether this update or the last finally fixed it, so my favorite new civ would actually work properly.

Glad to finally see a fix for the GW Heist bug.

I don't like that the Secret Societies triggers are RNG. In my Ethiopia game I've only been able to clear 2 tribal villages despite having 2 scouts - no proc for Voidsingers. Whereas I got a Sanguine Pact proc when I cleared my first barb camp.

No other tribal villages in sight as my continent is quite crowded. I know there were more at some point as Jadwiga has the society.

Not a patch notes question, but a mere patch question: Does it break saves? Has anybody tried?

Usually, I am not overly attached to my running games, but my current one is quite interesting, but too far from victory to continue it in one session (I stared my today’s game time before the patch went live.)

I could load an old save fine (want to try out, if the fix for strategic ressources and half-finished districts would "repair" my case, but that didn't work out) - so I assume in principle yes, but don't expect that every fix will work.

In the new teddy roosevelt folder in the DLC folder in game data, there is a readme which states:

Code:
This folder contains gameplay data. Be careful to distinguish between two types of gameplay files:
1. Gameplay that needs to be on by default (ex. KublaiKhan_Vietnam_Civilizations.xml for the new content, KublaiKhan_Vietnam_Expansion2.xml for tweaks specific to playing in the XP2 ruleset)
Expansion1_Required Material will work in either expansion as long as you have Expansion1 enabled.
2. Gameplay that is part of an optional mode, specifying the ruleset needed (if any) and ending in “_Modes” (ex. KublaiKhan_Vietnam_Modes.xml for content related to the Alternate Economy game mode)

I'm assuming they're just saying Kublai and Vietnam as example filenames and not that these civs will be in NFP and they forgot to remove it, but... well, people may be interested.

Top Bottom