Ethnic Citystyles

Ethnic Citystyles is updated to version 1.02

Main features are the inclusion of Ekmek's industrial-based texturing of the renaissance cityset, dedicated graphics for renaissance/industrial fortresses for European/Mediterranean based civs (you'll be surprised to see what I pulled out of my hat ;) ) and the inevitable debugging.
Oh no... not again!

Can you or Mamba tell me what I need to change/update from what was in the v1.01 release? If it's just the Art and PLOT.xml files, that's easy enough... but if you changed any basic building scales, I need to know to avoid another situation like the last time!

Oh no... not again!

Can you or Mamba tell me what I need to change/update from what was in the v1.01 release? If it's just the Art and PLOT.xml files, that's easy enough... but if you changed any basic building scales, I need to know to avoid another situation like the last time!

Just CityL and PlotL and art this time. The two building fInterfaceScales (courthouse and colosseum) have been changed to the values I had proposed.

Just CityL and PlotL and art this time. The two building fInterfaceScales (courthouse and colosseum) have been changed to the values I had proposed.
Courthouse and Colosseum are still scale "1.0" in the base file as it was in v1.01 then.

All I need to change is the art and "SystemL" & "PlotL" files then. Did you do your "bug check" on the PlotL file? Seems to always have some typos in there!

Courthouse and Colosseum are still scale "1.0" in the base file as it was in v1.01 then.

yes

All I need to change is the art and "SystemL" & "PlotL" files then. Did you do your "bug check" on the PlotL file? Seems to always have some typos in there!

Am in the process of doing so (takes a bit longer on my end as I have changes in PlotL).

There only seems to be one typo

CIV4PlotLSystem.xml, line 6871 : ARSTYLE_BARBARIAN

EDIT: confirmed, that is the only typo

Oh no... not again!

:yup:

The two building fInterfaceScales (courthouse and colosseum) have been changed to the values I had proposed.

Good proposals always find their way in a good mod. ;)

Thanks for spotting the typo, must have happened when I somehow lost control of my cursor position, cause I haven't touched that entry consciously.

Thanks for spotting the typo, must have happened when I somehow lost control of my cursor position, cause I haven't touched that entry consciously.

yep, that one was strange as the line did not change apart from the typo ;)

what have I to do to see the globe theatre (olimpic stadium?) in the game? I've insert Your folders in my personal increase of regiment and Ethnic Diversity. Cause when i beginned to play with this mod I increased too much to change... even if the creator never updated it. :cry:

WHEN do you want to see the globe theatre? And with WHICH civ? In Ethnic Citystyles civs have another globe theatre graphic over the ages, but all use the olympic stadium graphic in the last 2 era's.

WHEN do you want to see the globe theatre? And with WHICH civ? In Ethnic Citystyles civs have another globe theatre graphic over the ages, but all use the olympic stadium graphic in the last 2 era's.
Ok, but when I go to the editor I can't find the button for the globe theatre, I tried various civs, especially Greece, with passing through all the eras with the colosseum, the theatre and some others but I haven't seen it... have i mistaken anything?... I've recalled EthnicCitystyles_CIV4ArtDefines_Building in EthnicArtstyles_CIV4ArtDefines_Building to match the previous modular xml, and putted CIV4PlotLSystem and CIV4CityLSystem in the assets/xml/buildings folder out of the modules. while GlobalTypes in assets/xml folder. I didn't putted the CIV4CivilizationInfos cause it seemed that nothing was changed with mine in the assets/xml/civilization folder

I still would like the Russian cityset from Road to War. :(

Link or picture? I know of two russian-type citysets, and have no clue which one is used in RtW.

Seeing as you don't have public email, I can't really send you the graphics. GarretSizdaka may know of where the file is, though, since he worked on that mod.

Those are in BTS\Mods\The Road To War\Structures\Cities\

You can upload to a free hoster of your choice (Imageshack or something).

Or attach them to your post... like this...

Yeah, I thought it was that one.
Sorry Bahmo, won't include that cityset in the mod.

Whyever not?

Because, in my opinion, the majority of the buildings in those citysets don't really fit in with the rest of the citysets.
I might someday take a look if a mix-and-match from this cityset with another Russian-alike won't work, but that's too much work to start on just like that.

Geomodder,

"what if" modern mesoamerican cities. maybe you can find a use for them :D

Don't get your hopes up. ;)
You basically lengthened buildings from the existing meso cityset, not a bad idea. But the 'modern' part of the textures (the flatbuilding part) is too dark to discern much. Also, the 'old' part of the texture file is too rough as it is now.

I linked the other meso texture files with your .nif and checked in the nifviewer, and I think if you used the meso renaissance era texture, and used more variety and especially larger textures for the modern part of the cityset we'd be talking business... at least, if you managed to get rid of the stairwalks running along the spine of half the modern buildings. :p

Top Bottom