1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Ethnicae - Mac / PC compatible Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by coffee junkie, Oct 3, 2009.

1. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Beautiful :love:.

2. coffee junkie

coffee junkie Tech Hippie

Hi The J !!! How are you ? :)

3. coffee junkie

CELTS

I'm sure you will recognize the great "piky" head mesh of Bakuel ;)

Spoiler :

:coffee:

4. coffee junkie

An here come the furious Vikings !!! :lol:

All early units have been finished with the help of SaibotLieh who fixed the head for me ! And of couse, you'll recognize some of Bakuel meshes ;)

And if you see a lady, it's of course a creation of SaibotLieh or Bakuel ...

VIKING

Spoiler :

Still working on a new Berserker ...

5. The_J

Excellent work, as usual :).

Great, great :).
    Guess i don't have to ask the same question back, because you're obviously having a good time :D (or you're unemployed, but just hoping for the former one).

6. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Chieftain

Great work as usual, and I'm glad I could help. :)

The lady is my Javelin Thrower, but she is based on Bakuel's very nice Kahina model.

Btw, the female berserker from my female unique units might also have made a good female settler I think (with a different head of course and maybe a different animation). But I'm fine with the Javelin Thrower, too. :goodjob:

7. coffee junkie

:lol::lol:
    You say this only because I didn't yet updated ( and uploaded pictures ) all civilizations and I don't give credit in each post ;)

Many ladies of your's in ethnicae :D :lol: and it's not yet finished ... I can't imagine ladies going to war but for everything related to religion, great people, spies, settlers, ceo, etc ...

It's fair to add ladies in Civ 4 so, your work is a great one for sure !!! :)

I'm fine thanks :)
    In fact, I'm unemployed for instance but not a big surprise those days ... :mischief: ... Anyhow, not a big deal because I still have my free-lance jobs ;) And this way, I have much more time to finish everything with is not ! :lol:

8. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Chieftain

Well, can't blame me for taking up the chance for some shameless self-promoting. ;)

Eager to see more of your work. :)

9. coffee junkie

My previous computer had a quite "dark" screen and low contrast, so, some colors of some units weren't as great as expected. And it was really the case with native units ... So, I reworked all my previous natives and added some pieces of art, mesh, etc ... I found all over civfanatics ( including Colonization units ) ;) So, you should already have seen some of these units based on bernie14, gagonite, and all the ones who worked on natives before !

For the ladies, as already said, they are SaibotLieh creations ;)

I just enhanced some pixels here and there :lol: It was quite long because I wanted to be good on details :crazy eye:

As my mod is based on basic BTS Civ IV civilizations and as I already said before ( one year ago ), my Native set is a kind of big native nation made of different kind of North-America Natives ( Cheyenne, Sioux, Cheerokee, Lakota, Shawnee, Hurons, Blackfeet, Algonquins, Mohicans, Iroquois, Mohawk )

Maybe, later, I'll add a second Native civilization and will make on one side : the north natives ( Hurons, Blackfeet, Algonquins, Iroquois ) and on the other side the natives of the Plains ( Cheyenne, Sioux, Lakota, Cheerokee ) even if it isn't historical accurate .............................. ;)

About leaders : I added 2 leaders to the existing one : Cochise and Pontiac

About units : I skinned a new Dog Soldier ( based on the existing one ) with new face and new feathers. Hope you'll like it !

I'm currently working on an update of the modern native units so, no pictures for now.

The existing set of Natives available in the download section will be updated very soon ( asap I cleaned the files )

And here come the proud warriors ...

NATIVE

Spoiler :

Some of these pictures could be updated ( because of some details or/and colors )

SaibotLieh : I included too a lady spy of yours but as I encounter some problems with the stick, I'll add a picture later :)

10. Keinpferd

Keinpferd Chieftain

Beautiful! The Natives are my favorites, so far:goodjob:.

11. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

It would seem that when Ethnic Mix More is released, I'm going to need to update a ton of my civs.

12. coffee junkie

Hum ... In fact, not yet :lol: I'm still working on it and every 2/3 days, I post some pictures of everything which is finished ;)

The next update will be released on december 15th ( of this year ), just before Xmas holidays :D

Stay tuned ! :)

Keinpferd : Thanks !!! ;)

13. coffee junkie

The Carthage units are all Bakuel ... I only added my own pixels :lol:

Of course, I have to create some more modern units for this civilization : Rifleman, Musketman, Cuirassier, Cavalry, etc ...

Currently working on a scout and a warrior :crazyeye:

CARTHAGE

Spoiler :

14. coffee junkie

Frankly, it has been hard to choose among the huge variety of slavic units created by Bakuel ... Gosh ! But I had to choose, so here are my favorite pixels related to russian units ;)

I have yet to enhance the rifleman ( shoulder scraps are missing ) and create a cuirassier, but before everything else : creating a warrior ! :D

RUSSIA

Spoiler :

15. Keinpferd

Keinpferd Chieftain

Would you introduce me to the Russian young lady in the last shot:groucho:? She could be elegantly walking down the street with that (if she would drop the pole).

My only criticism (if any): your units are sometimes a bit too elegant (for they didn't wash so much in the fur and leather age). Secondly, the reins of some mounted units could be a bit more supple (and less geometric).

One thing that you're really a master at, is textures! While chariots done by other skin artists sometimes look made of nothing in particular, your chariots look, if wooden, really wood wood, I like that.

16. coffee junkie

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The russian lady ( as the other ladies here ) is a friend of SaibotLieh :) I'm pretty sure he can arrange a rendez-vous ! ;)

the reins of mounted units ... :mad: you're totally right. If I could, I won't use them ( and I don't sometimes )

Going to try to do something in Blender. No promise, I'm not very good in 3D stuff :mischief:

Working further in the textures to render them less "elegant" is still a job in progress. :)

17. coffee junkie

And here the next Portugal units for ethnicae :) As usually, I have to make some more modern units but as time goes by, I update first the old ones, then I will work on all moderns ... ;)

PORTUGAL

Spoiler :

18. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

The way the axeman holds the axe is a bit wierd, but the units look great.

19. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Alright CJ, I know I haven't contributed anything in nearly half a year, so for that reason alone you should give me . But I feel like you should listen to me right now...

You are doing too much for no reason.

Pretty much most of these civs you are creating units for are either already handled by great unit makers (and you know it), or have enough randomly assembled units that you don't really need to reskin them, which is what you are essentially doing.

I think you should either focus on flavoring civs that don't have a nice set (like Babylon, Netherlands, Zulu etc.), or focus on flavoring things (like workers, and missionaries for example) that need flavoring. There are plenty of LHs that could use a simple "makeover" as we call it in America (and if you are not familiar with the term, it is basically turning a disgusting person, way more often than not a woman, into something reasonably, man I want to use a different word, bang-able). That's all you should be focused on, honestly the units are cool, or even sexy, but it is a waste of your time. I hate to say this, because I intend on ripping your units, but honestly, the work you are putting into them is unnecessary.

Unless, of course, we join forces... :mischief:

EDIT: I have a buttload of units you would absolutely love, even ones from Bakuel that aren't released. You should PM me.

EDIT 2: I mean, c'mon man, when you were making Portugese units you can't tell me you didn't regret the time you spent on them. I sincerely mean this in the best way possible, but you know as well as I do that it is a waste of your talent.

20. The_J

coffee junkie, just in case you don't know it: Many edits = he' drunk again.