1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

EUI Compatibility Files (11/16)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by stackpointer, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

I tried merging the changes but failed spectacularly XD

2. joosegoose25

joosegoose25 King

What exactly needs to be done? Granted, it's been several builds since I used the CP but I remember using EUI just fine once I deleted a couple modules iirc.

3. Elhoim

You need to merge the code of all the conflicting files. I used Beyond Compare 3 to see the differences between versions and apply the corresponding updates, but since I don't know much of Lua scripting I definitely did something wrong, even though I was careful.

4. joosegoose25

joosegoose25 King

Ah okay. Thanks, but I don't think I'm going to be able to manage it either as I know next to nothing about Lua scripting. I guess I'm surprised that merging is required as I definitely didn't do anything in the past, though I wouldn't be shocked if something wasn't working correctly and I didn't realize it :lol:

It's too bad, since I have a really bad civ itch right now and the new CP looks really appealing. Ever since the first time I used EUI I can't go back, though.

5. Elhoim

Yeah, happens to me as well.

6. joosegoose25

joosegoose25 King

Would deleting certain modules from either EUI or the CP serve as a half-decent fix? Or do the compatibility issues run deeper?

7. rockinroger

rockinroger WoC Team Member

I have been copying and overwriting the files and it still works for me

8. joosegoose25

joosegoose25 King

Which files exactly? What do you mean? I desperately want to use EUI but it hasn't worked for me with the CP.

9. GoUtes53

GoUtes53 Warlord

The files on the very first line of the OP. Seems to work fine for me as well.

10. civaddiction

civaddiction Chieftain

Crixler over in the Health and Plague thread was able to merge EUI and Health and Plague by merging the toppanel, cityview, and citybannermanager lua and xml files. See this link:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13289137&postcount=59

Unfortunately, it was for a version of these mods from back in June. I wonder how feasible it would be to make these merges with Stackpointer's EUI compatibility files?

11. joosegoose25

joosegoose25 King

Huh, looks like it does still work fine for the most part.

The only incompatibility I've noted so far seems to be the yields on the city screen. You can still see the information you want by hovering, but the game doesn't seem to want to display the yields outright.

Circled what I'm talking about in red.

12. civaddiction

civaddiction Chieftain

Disclaimer: I am not a programmer and I've never done this before.

I have *somewhat* merged the EUI Compatibility Files with Health and Plague v12 CBP Edition (HP). I say somewhat because I couldn't figure out how to merge the cityview files so I just reverted back to the HP compatible cityview.lua from the Community Balance Patch. Incidentally, this also fixes the yields on the city screen joosegoose25 was talking about. Everything seems to be working so far--check it out

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbrecfh2n75fxs2/EUI124c-CPPv6-HPv12CBPedition-Merge.zip?dl=0

Instructions are in the txt file

Versions used
    Health and Plague v12 CBP Ed
    Community Balance Patch v13.3
    EUIv124c-CPPv6 Merge Files

Thanks to Crixler for his June merge for giving me a reference on what to do

PS: All I did was copy the Plague Mod commented code from the HP and Crixler files to the EUICPP and CBP files and fixed some of the coding format to match the new files. Cityview was coded completely different between the files so I just left that alone.

13. joosegoose25

joosegoose25 King

Nice work. I don't have/use Health and Plague but will have to give it a shot so I can test this out.

For anyone else: found a couple more bugs/incompatibilities. This is what the city screen looks like when I initially open it--citizens and border expansion are not shown. I can get them to come up like usual (demonstrated here) depending on what I click on (double clicking citizen management works just fine). Nothing game breaking, but I manually add new citizens whenever a city grows so it definitely adds up. I'm not sure if this is an incompatibility or if it's just caused by EUI.

I'm experiencing an error with the trade screen that is gamebreaking, though. A picture can say a thousand words, so here ya go.

Edit: Bugs fixed by reverting to older EUI build. Still can't get past the gamebreaking trade screen issue though, so any input would be much appreciated :D

14. civaddiction

civaddiction Chieftain

For what its worth, I do not have that trade screen issue. My trade screen looks and acts normally.

I am using all of the recommended mods (versions as of Jan 2) listed in the install page of community patch (I also downloaded the CBP versions of these mods from that page as well).

This includes: (and nothing else)
    Community Patch 66.12 and Balance Patch 13.3
    City State diplomacy (v26 no dll)
    Health and Plague (CBP)
    Civ 4 Diplomacy Features (v10)
    Events and Decisions (CBP Version)
    More Luxuries (Steam workshop)
    Trade routes enhancements
    Global city forest bonus
    *Followed Install Page instructions for the Above Mods
    EUI v1_24e <- Cityview folder deleted
    EUIv124c-CPPv6 <- without the cityview.lua (cityview.lua from CBP HealthandPlague + CSD folder used)
    My modded files from my earlier post

15. joosegoose25

joosegoose25 King

It turns out I get the wacky trade screen even without EUI or any other mods active. I have no idea what could be causing it. Even weirder since it just seems to be me.

Edit: With all of my re-installing, I forgot to move some lua from "inactive" to "active."

16. Crimson13

Crimson13 Prince

So, general consensus here, does this need to be updated or no? I want to try EUI but I'd like for it to work.

17. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Stackpointer is MIA, and he's engineered the lua files. I suppose it falls to me to fix them, but I didn't work on them in the first place, so it could be...unique. JFD might be willing if you ask nicely. :)

G

18. joosegoose25

joosegoose25 King

I'm using these compatibility files with EUI v 1.24d and the latest CP/CBP, seems to work fine for me. A couple others have reported the same.

Don't know about the latest EUI though. It would be nice to have the compatibility files updated anyways :)

19. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

They'll work, but not 100% correctly, as I changed the order of the happiness metrics after stackpointer made this version, thus they don't refresh correctly every single time. Is purely a UI issue, so not a big deal.
    G

20. Funak

Funak Deity

I think we need to bribe/intimidate/charm/trick bc1 into making us a seperate even better adjusted custom UI.
    Alternatively we could find someone else who can shamelessly copy his work :D