European Wars: British Armies from High Medieval to Late 19th C

imperator1961

Last of the Mohicans
Here my new pack for British. From left to right:
Archer High Medieval, Archer Late Medieval, Crossbowman High Medieval, Crossbowman Late Medieval, Horse Archer High Medieval, Horse Archer Late Medieval, Horseman High Medieval, Horseman Late Medieval, Knight High Medieval, Knight Late Medieval, Spearman High Medieval, Spearman Late Medieval, Swordsman High Medieval, Swordsman Late Medieval.

Arquebusier 16th C, Pikeman 16th C, Reiter 16th C, Caliverman 16th C, Front Rank Swordsman 16th C, Dragoon 17th C, Musketeer 17th C, Pikeman 17th C, Ironside 17th C.

Cuirassier Early 18th C, Dragoon Early 18th C, Fusilier Early 18th C, Grenadier Early 18th C.

Cuirassier Mid 18th C, Dragoon Mid 18th C, Fusilier Mid 18th C, Grenadier Mid 18th C, Light Cavalry Mid 18th C, Light Infantry Mid 18th C.

Artillery Late 18th C, Cuirassier Late 18th C, Dragoon Late 18th C, Fusilier Late 18th C, Grenadier Late 18th C, Light Cavalry Late 18th C, Ligth Infantry Late 18th C.

Artillery Mid 19th C, Cuirassier Mid 19th C, Dragoo Mid 19th C, Infantry Mid 19th C, Grenadier Mid 19th C, Light Cavalry Mid 19th C, Light Infantry Mid 19th C.

Artillery Late 19th C, Royal Heavy Dragoon Late 19th C, Dragoon Late 19th C, Infantry Late 19th C, Grenadier Late 19th C, Light Cavalry Late 19th C, Light Infantry Late 19th C, Gatling Gun Team Late 19th C.

The Downloads:
Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI Medieval Units

Last edited:
the unit creating machine - do not forget i am expecting a full balkanian set including hungary from the dark ages to late middle ages, hope u will find time sometime....do not forget sandris units were in part very attractive because of their shields - use this knowledge to achieve - well - u cannot achieve more - u are already highest, but more than more.....please also add some anatolian seljuks or even great seljuks, armenians and georgians...something more exotic.....very good work, i like especially the high medieval units :hatsoff:

Jerry you are... "expecting" ? :shake:

Imperator, I thought many of these were already covered by Sandris, but variety is always welcome. BTW did you notice there's a little problem in the first row, 4th picture, the crossbow comes 'cross the kilt... good work anyway.

Jerry you are... "expecting" ? :shake:

Imperator, I thought many of these were already covered by Sandris, but variety is always welcome. BTW did you notice there's a little problem in the first row, 4th picture, the crossbow comes 'cross the kilt... good work anyway.

Thanks themanuneed; as for the kilt: the crossbow don't cross the kilt because it's not a kilt but the famous Kinboat's Surcoat, open in front and rear.;)

the unit creating machine - do not forget i am expecting a full balkanian set including hungary from the dark ages to late middle ages, hope u will find time sometime....do not forget sandris units were in part very attractive because of their shields - use this knowledge to achieve - well - u cannot achieve more - u are already highest, but more than more.....please also add some anatolian seljuks or even great seljuks, armenians and georgians...something more exotic.....very good work, i like especially the high medieval units :hatsoff:

I know your whises, and I will made they reality.....:)

Wow, we have British units from you for almost the whole game!

Can I have some Armenian units?

All I need are some Artaxiads, Cilicians, Renaissance era Armenians, and then Industrial and WWI era. I figure they can share a lot with the USSR.

I just saw something. Why is there what appears to be a censor bar on the Late 18th Century Light Infantry?

Imperator,
You are getting better every time and the amount and quality of units you produced is amazing!

By the way, after your excellent WW1 pack, may I dare to ask if you plan to release modern units too in the future ? You know I can't wait to see a modern (Post WW2) Bersagliere (as I was one of them...:rolleyes:)

Thanks for all you work

Great STUFF.
As someone said before Sandris made some of these, BUT

the most important issue was the British Army from mid 19C until your great package of WWI units. Now Zulu Wars and Boers Wars and above all ElJuston AOI can be covered with new units. These landunits with all the great ships made by Delta,Wyrmshadow and others can make this AOI better than ever with eyecandy.

Hm don´t forget the late 19c americans and some sort of spanish/south american blokes to complete the great era of AOI.

My eyes can´t stay dry looking at this collection, but then pulling my hair in dispare of not getting them into "action" soon enough.

Very impressive! Do you plan on doing any 1830's to 50's era units for Britain? They would cover the Crimea, although other than the hats, they weren't too far off from the 1812 uniforms...

I do question your choice of the mid 18th century dragoon wearing a bearskin cap. Only one cavalry regiment in the British army wore bearskins, they are the "Scots Greys", currently named the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, Scotland's only cavalry regiment. If you are depicting them, the horse must be white. They always rode white horses. Always. And... perhaps some Scottish infantry to go along with them?

Love them all!

I do question your choice of the mid 18th century dragoon wearing a bearskin cap. Only one cavalry regiment in the British army wore bearskins, they are the "Scots Greys", currently named the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, Scotland's only cavalry regiment. If you are depicting them, the horse must be white. They always rode white horses. Always.
If we're going to be precise, let's be precise. It's the mid-19th c. dragoon with the bearskin. The Scots Greys have their nickname because of their grey horses. Grey horses can be white, dappled or many shades of grey including quite dark ones. The coloration is not peculiar to a single breed. The greying out happens at different rates depending on breed and the original coat color of the individual horse. Many quite dark breeds sport greys. Further, the skin pigment of a grey is quite different from a white horse - regardless of the coat color. Images of Scots Greys in contemporary paintings and at their own regimental museum make clear that their horses were neither white horses nor a specific shade of grey. So one of our most prolific maskers of historically accurate units happened to portray a grey of a dark breed still young enough not to have turned. Leave the poor fellow alone. ;)

If we're going to be precise, let's be precise. It's the mid-19th c. dragoon with the bearskin. The Scots Greys have their nickname because of their grey horses. Grey horses can be white, dappled or many shades of grey including quite dark ones. The coloration is not peculiar to a single breed. The greying out happens at different rates depending on breed and the original coat color of the individual horse. Many quite dark breeds sport greys. Further, the skin pigment of a grey is quite different from a white horse - regardless of the coat color. Images of Scots Greys in contemporary paintings and at their own regimental museum make clear that their horses were neither white horses nor a specific shade of grey. So one of our most prolific maskers of historically accurate units happened to portray a grey of a dark breed still young enough not to have turned. Leave the poor fellow alone. ;)

Yes, my error, mid 19th c. dragoon. I am aware of the nomenclature for horse colouring. I simply said "white" because many people here wouldn't know a grey from a roan or a dun if I used those names. It was common practice in most European armies to mount cavalry trumpeters on greys, the whiter shade of grey, so that they could easily be seen on the battlefield by officers and troops alike. In the Scots Greys, they went the other way. Troopers rode the "whiter" greys and trumpeters rode on darker, usually dappled greys. They were very particular about the colouring of their mounts. That horse is very nearly black. Sandris also did a Scots Grey on an improperly coloured horse. Just sayin'.

Only one cavalry regiment in the British army wore bearskins, they are the "Scots Greys", currently named the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, Scotland's only cavalry regiment. If you are depicting them, the horse must be white. They always rode white horses. Always.
In the Scots Greys, they went the other way. Troopers rode the "whiter" greys and trumpeters rode on darker, usually dappled greys.
:hmm:

The official British Army website's page on the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards includes 3 pictures with horses - one of which is at least as dark as the unit displayed here. On their own website the RSDG have the famous "Scotland Forever" as part of their bannerhead. The painting includes two dark horses showing some greying. Neither rider appears to be a bugler.
Spoiler :
At least one item on display at the regimental museum contradicts that contention. The rider of the dark grey is definitely not a bugler. The bugler is clearly on a pale horse.
Spoiler :

The RSDG online store sells a print of a "trumpeters review" with a bugler on a pale horse.
Spoiler :

The official British Army's history & the RSDG's own website contradict your contention. There's no point in further discussion. Retire gracefully & let imperator1961 get on with his work.

Top Bottom