Even Moar Units: Hooves and Holy War

Even Moar Units: Hooves and Holy War 1.41

can you post how the Viking Scenario modinfo code used to look before the edit? I can't remember :D

Find the lines:
<ModArt id="ART_COMPOMENT">
<Items>
<File>VikingScenario.dep</File>
</Items>
</ModArt>

and add the lines in bold back into that section:

<ModArt id="ART_COMPOMENT">
<Properties>
<RuleSet>RULESET_SCENARIO_VIKINGS</RuleSet>
</Properties>

<Items>
<File>VikingScenario.dep</File>
</Items>
</ModArt>

Is it normal that the Barbarian has Templar units?

No this wasn't intentional. I've hopefully fixed this now by removing the Templar from CLASS_MELEE and then copying all the gameplay effects from CLASS_MELEE onto CLASS_TEMPLAR. Not the nicest solution but there is no simple way of blocking certain Civs or Civ Types from building certain units as it stands AFAIK.

I'm having a problem. After the Australia update, the game crashes whenever I build a unit included in the mod. I tried deleting all the mod folders and redownloaded them but it didn't work. Any ideas?

I also have a question regarding updates: if I want to update a mod, do I have to delete the existing mod folder and then download the latest update or should I add the update to the existing mod folder?

Just wanted to mention that I played my first game were I was Suzerain of Preslav and had so much fun with the Janissaries, which really made me miss having the Templars. Not to mention the better light horseman upgrade line! I do, however, think that the Cataphracts would work better as a UU or as another bonus unit for a City-State. Here's hoping that you'll be able to update this to work with the Spring Patch eventually.

Hey i see you updated all your other unit mods to the last game version. will this also be updated? :)

Hey i see you updated all your other unit mods to the last game version. will this also be updated? :)

In a word, no, but two of the units have already been released and two may get a release at some point.

The new (Medieval) Horseman unit is now part of the main Moar Units mod.

The Cataphract unit has been made into a UU for Persia.

The Knights of Calatrava I would quite like to bring back but if I swap them in for the Jinete as one of Spain's UUs it will break saves and make people :(.

The Templar I would also like to bring back but there is no way to mod in Font Icons at the moment and asking people to edit game files as I have for the Janissary unit is not ideal.

So that's the current state of things regarding these units.

The Templar I would also like to bring back but there is no way to mod in Font Icons at the moment and asking people to edit game files as I have for the Janissary unit is not ideal.
I know you are not creating any more new units, but I was wondering if you have any plans to re-include the Templar either as a stand-a-lone or as part of the main MOAR Units mod?

I know you are not creating any more new units, but I was wondering if you have any plans to re-include the Templar either as a stand-a-lone or as part of the main MOAR Units mod?

I have no plans to reintroduce the Templar. I made the unit art for @thecrazyscot's Jerusalem and I'm planning to release the art assets for that soon so someone else might make a Templar unit.

I have no plans to reintroduce the Templar.
No worries, I already did a somewhat messy hack to get them and the Knights of Calatrava back in the game. The Milites Templi resource icon was the only issue as I recall, correct? I don't suppose you'd be willing to release the art assets for these two units as well?
I made the unit art for @thecrazyscot's Jerusalem and I'm planning to release the art assets for that soon so someone else might make a Templar unit.
That's great - I can't wait! I really liked that mod (The Crusader looks great!), which was part of the reason I asked about the Templar. I wanted to have a Crusader-type foot soldier à la the Civ III Templar unit as a European-style Warrior Monk.

Top Bottom