Ever won a no-war game?

necrolyte

Warlord
I just won a cultural victory without any warfare between myself and another faction, and very limited and rare war between other factions. Japan was destroyed by America, but other than that no non-barbarian cities changed hands. It was best as I was playing Ghandi, and it would have been highly inappropriate to fight people :p

Has anyone else had this?

necrolyte said:
I just won a cultural victory without any warfare between myself and another faction, and very limited and rare war between other factions. Japan was destroyed by America, but other than that no non-barbarian cities changed hands. It was best as I was playing Ghandi, and it would have been highly inappropriate to fight people :p

Has anyone else had this?

Never had that. Although I usually never attack somebody unless first attacked.

Yeah... after seeing the writeup for that no-military game... I played one very similar on prince. I had about half the number of cities as everyone else, and everyone was so happy with each other, there wern't any wars at all.

I ended up winning in the 1800's by diplomatic.

Yes, I won a space race game once without ever declaring war or capturing an enemy city. I only fought wars if someone DOWed me. But then I never captured cities, but just repelled the invaders and pillaged their landsides until their first offer of peace.
I did get some cities, but that was from culture flipping.

I have in a civ3 SG, not in civ4 though, monty or Tokugawa always end up next to me and everyone knows what that means...

I never get in any wars, because I suck majorly at them. I've never gotten a conquest or domination victory ever.

No. Probably from my own impatience though. I tend to play continents on Chieftan or Warlord level ... and even with successful defences, culture-flipping, and peaceful expansion, I find myself in far too dangerous a position against other-continent powers if I don't consolidate 'my' continent under my Civ.

Have been surprisingly successful with Asoka and Pacifism Civic in play.

I won a space race on a One City Challenge game with no war. Even the ai's never declared war on each other (Hatty, Saladin, and I forget the others but they were more peacenik, definitely not Monty hehe). I kept waiting for the hordes to come, and me with my one city I was paranoid and built up a huge garrison of troops, and kept upgrading them when I got new techs. When I won I realized that I never did see a war between the ai civs, and went back and checked the combat log. The only fighting in that whole game was when Saladin took over a barb city. Was the most boring game I ever played hehe, but at least I got to see the space race movie for the first time.

I think I did a few times in CIVIII and I tried it recently in CIV IV but got bored and had a large army already to make sure nobody got uppety, so I just went ahead and sacked and pillaged all of washingtons land.Won by domination some time later(expanding borders, unused islands and the lke).

marioflag said:
Never played a game without war it would be so boring

I agree. EVen in my cultural games I war even while I have Pacifism going and stuff. :D Even if it is just a tiny nation or a huge border nation. I like trying to be at war with an AI buddy. "Why don't you attack..."

It gets even more fun if you can get 2 or 3 AIs to help you take on the "big guy" although this doesn;t happen very often. :( Usually most everyone but 1-2 people hate me or I get on their nerves. I'll show them!:mad:

marioflag said:
Never played a game without war it would be so boring

Indeed... but they're also very quick to play. My average games take anywhere from 15-40 hours, however my no-war diplomatic victory only took about 3 hours from start to finish, and that was on marathon. I only had about 5 cities so once I'd finished improving my land, it was basically just a case of pushing enter a lot until I'd researched mass media, so I could build the UN and get myself voted as winner.

It wasn't really boring because there was the constant worry I was going to get attacked, and my entire army consisted of 2 warriors and 3 archers..... so I was constantly on edge.

My first ever Prince game was a spaceship win, no one declared war on me so I just went about my business. I think there was one AI war. When it was over I kicked back and said, "This is easy!"
Then it took me about four tries to win another one.

over at Realms Beyond, we just finished up Epic 3. Sirian managed to go through the entire game without killing a single unit (or losing one). Granted this was a no barbs game, but he started on a continent with Louis and every single other player ended up warring with Louis at some point.

I'd just never seen a complete 0 in the entire summary column for troops killed.

Virtually all my games have been (unofficially) non-war. I've won virtually all of them. Generally by Space Race.

You mean there are others ways to win? Why bother raising a fuss with other nations I point and clicked to a Space race win without spilling one drop of blood(exc barbs). It seamed a waste of reasorces when all they do is threaten to drop the gloves but never have the gull, I stick with the flow of ivprovments that streamline line to a space race win.

on ocassion I get called out , but only when there on the other side of the world, were its to much a commitment with not enough reward to go after them. AI can't pack a effective over seas punch anyway.

I don't know about T.A. Jones, but I've never played a game lower than Noble.

Cultural win on Prince:

Then I tried on monarch and got whooped + butt spanked. I got too a good start and got pyramids, parthenon and stonhenge built, then I got beat to sistine chapel which is vital for a cultural win, then after that I got beaten to every wonder except notre dame. Monarch sucks.

(also had a cultural and space race win on prince with china if you check my leaderboard)

Top Bottom