Excitement Overwhelming

The problem with all of the authentication things that they come up with is that they end up getting cracked within the first day, or in many cases before the game is even out. This means that they are not stopping anyone who is willing to download the game, only the people who actually pay for it. Instead of worrying about people who are not going to pay for their game they need to focus on making it a good experience for paying customers.

it's just not very exciting when we've got FfH and its many descendents available on Civ 4. Why play a game with a bunch of historical factions that are all mostly the same when we can play essentially the same game with around 30 well-designed very-different factions set in a rich fantasy world with magic and dragons and stuff?

If RifE or another FfH modmod ends up being ported to Civ 5, then I'll probably buy it. Or if they come out with a couple expansions and have Civ 5 Complete on sale for like $20. But paying $50 for a regression from what I'm playing now? Why? :D

This is how I feel on the matter.

as if ranged warfare from 1-2-3tiles away was a novelty...
oh, yes, it IS a novelty compared to vanilla cIV...

And only 1 unique unit per civilization ?

what is "unique ability"... looks like FFH civilization's world spell ...

Nothing new under the sun.
(only : hexa ; 1 unit per tile ; and apparently cultural expension tile per tile

as if ranged warfare from 1-2-3tiles away was a novelty...
oh, yes, it IS a novelty compared to vanilla cIV...

And only 1 unique unit per civilization ?

what is "unique ability"... looks like FFH civilization's world spell ...

Nothing new under the sun.
(only : hexa ; 1 unit per tile ; and apparently cultural expension tile per tile

Unique Abilities look different from spells. And there appear to be many other new features. ;)

Honestly, I'm looking forward to the next RifE more than Civ5. Since I can predict with certainty that there WILL be expansion packs to Civ5, I won't buy it until a few come out and they offer the combo package. I did it with Civ3 and 4. By that time, there will be enough mods out for it to keep me occupied for quite a long time.

Exactly +1

Personally, I'm most excited about multiple copies of resources having actual strategic purpose. You could take away 1UPT for all I care - if each tank requires one steel, then that naturally limits SoD's to reasonable size.

The implications for resources like mana and mithril are huge. Suddenly, trade becomes so much more important. If a future CiV mod incorporated FfH-style affinity, I'd like to see that be an active choice, so you could add strength by consuming a resource, but that would limit the other units you could buy.

I'm very excited about Civ 5. It seems a lot of people just want them to re-release civ 4. I can't wait to try the new changes and the new MODs that will come from the community. I am looking forward to RiFE 1.3 but I am looking forward to the RiFE teams plans for CIV5 even more.

I'm very excited about Civ 5. It seems a lot of people just want them to re-release civ 4. I can't wait to try the new changes and the new MODs that will come from the community. I am looking forward to RiFE 1.3 but I am looking forward to the RiFE teams plans for CIV5 even more.

All I'll say about that is that we have them. :lol:

And so do we, so do we :p

Valk, why don't you post a quadruple-encrypted code resulting in the archaic line of nothingness about the future of RifE or your plan of CIV 5? At least it would make me do something other while waiting for your release...

Jun 17, 2010
We're getting close. A week or two, most likely. ;)

It is already a week or two and more, you know... :trouble:

Valk, why don't you post a quadruple-encrypted code resulting in the archaic line of nothingness about the future of RifE or your plan of CIV 5? At least it would make me do something other while waiting for your release...

Jun 17, 2010

It is already a week or two and more, you know... :trouble:

One word: Eden

Puzzle that out. :lol:

And it's getting closer, I promise. Not much left. :mischief:

Well, by Eden, you mean that you think Civ5 is going to be perfect
SO YOUR QUITTING MODDING FOREVER?!!?

:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

Promise me it'll be before the first week in August. The Wifey is going to be home visiting family, and I plan on getting a monitor tan!

I shall leave this life of refinement and return to the halcyon days of Top Ramen and beer!

I JUST started playing RiFE, like, this week. Never heard of any major Civ4 mods before (because i never looked, tbh). And i'm like ZOMG, and yeah.. New version (soon-tm) before i've learnt this version? Awesome :D :D

Why? Whats coming in 1.4?? :D

And regarding Civ5 and the eternal "why does it have changes?!" debate.
Personally i'm superexcited about Civ5 for the same reason i was excited over the Total War games (before they decided to screw the modders over), mods!

Civ5 will hopefully allow even more amazing mods, and a bit more modern eyecandy just as a bonus! (not to mention hexagon tiles instead, which should make mods such as this with somewhat dynamic landscapes be a bit more natural looking, and strategic in the sense that you have more neighbouring tiles to defend/attack).

Why? Whats coming in 1.4?? :D

And regarding Civ5 and the eternal "why does it have changes?!" debate.
Personally i'm superexcited about Civ5 for the same reason i was excited over the Total War games (before they decided to screw the modders over), mods!

Civ5 will hopefully allow even more amazing mods, and a bit more modern eyecandy just as a bonus! (not to mention hexagon tiles instead, which should make mods such as this with somewhat dynamic landscapes be a bit more natural looking, and strategic in the sense that you have more neighbouring tiles to defend/attack).

Well, in 1.4 we're introducing ......... , redoing .......... , and adding ........... . :mischief:

oh, and you forgot ......... and ......... :eek:

Top Bottom