1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Exiled Postmasters PBEM Match

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: RPG' started by Provolution, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Sounds good to me, SD3. Let's get the game setup now, so that when 01/01/05 rolls along, we're ready to start.

For my historians part, I'd like each player to PM me with their pre-game thoughts about where they'd like to take the civiliztion (your main goals). Are you militaristic? Are you going to depend on trade? Do you just want to be a farming community? :)

Let me know a little about the personality of the Leader of your country so I can work that into the storyline.

2. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

I truely look forward to this game when the paralegal wizards draft the new demogame, I can do very well without legalists and just playing a fun game with good storytellers. I had thought we could agree on some key information policy rules and procedures to make the flow of the storytelling as well as global political treaties triggered by new technologies (navigation-Treaty of Tordesillas), gambles on who gets the first iron resource and so on, small mini-games adding to the objectives, as well as banning certain game exploits. We should not make the rules too complex, merely adding to the storytelling and the nature of multilateral treaties and so on.

3. Cyc

What kind of rule structure do we need? You've already got the game setting listed right? Maybe we would need a rule saying that if a plyer held onto the save for # number of days, they could be replaced. Any other descrepancies could be handled by me. :)

Less than half of the players have PMd me with the info I requested above. Please do so soon. I'd like to be prepared for this. I could write up my own character traits for your King, but you might not like that. ;)

4. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

im ready, as soon as i find my cd.

5. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Is this game going anywhere?

6. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

yeah im ready *fake punchs the air like a boxer* i found my disk, lets play

7. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Widowmaker: Ghost Operative

Versailles City, United Systems of New Coruscant
    Great, I can see this game is just starting. Just as I was looking at CDZ about my *ahem* poor remarks :(.

Im not sure if it's possible to sign up and apply this as a repair of my reputation in CDZ.

8. Cyc

I believe the Postmaster may have been exiled....

9. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

All right, Cyc, after due consideration I will set up this game. Ideally, I would have had scheduled Mplayer and handled this by 1000 year intervals in order to progress the game.
    I am ready to run this and will PM Cyc all my leaders and national details. So I suggest turnchats where we play mplayer 1000 years or 50 turns at a time. PBEM is also an option, but will be slower. I decide to put no more juice into Demogames, as I see the tendency going. I am happy to retire to this in general. I will now ask for a reconfirm of the four players and go on.

10. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

hey i have never played any multiplayers. and because of our different time zones email seems best. as long as we do 1 turn every day but even then it will take like 3 years to finish. i dont know

11. Cyc

:D I'm here. I've only received a couple of PMs from your players, so if you get a confirmation from them, please have them read the top post on the page. A little info would be great. 50-turn chats may be a little long. I've never played in one. If we're running into a problem, maybe we can do 10 turns each and send it off to the next person, who does 10 turns and sends it off.

12. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I think the suggestion was for online turn-based multiplayer. All 4 players would need to be online and they each play one turn at a time. This would be a great way to speed up the early game if all participants are available online at the same time. It would be really great if there were a way to convert an online game to PBEM after some turns pass and it slows down.

13. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Chieftain

i dont believe you can do blocks of more than 1 turn at a time... firaxis didnt put it in because otherwise some people could get a bit of an advantage(like waiting 10 turns to respond to a war ;) )

14. DaveShack

Do you need someone impartial to make sure it's a relatively balanced map and any rule changes you all want to use? If I've been reading right, Cyc can't do that because he doesn't have C3C.

15. Cyc

Yes, DS. Thank you. That's what I thought he meant. All players on at once during marathon chats. But...
    I hadn't realized this when I typed that post. Thanks for the info Black_Hole.

And I have received no PM from Provolution.

16. DaveShack

Provolution has posted several places that his gaming system died, so I suspect this game won't see the light of day. :(