Exiled Postmasters PBEM Match

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
This post is dedicated to the addressees and potential lurkers.

I hereby propose, as my very last term as elected official in DG V Japanatica, a PBEM match with the players I find most interesting to write with.
This will be limited in number, so I can only call for the following players to join, even though I could have wanted to have more.

In tradition with Demogame V, as this is a Veterans Match, we are going to be four PBEM players, with 4 AI Civilizations, standard map. Ravaging barbarians, and all Random, civilizations included.

Global Historian and Chair of various historical events.
Cyc

Sir Donald III (Florida) GMT +5
Donovan Zoi (Chicago) GMT +6
Nobody (New Zealand) GMT + 12
Provolution (Scandinavia) GMT - 1

The rules of this PBEM would be the following.

4000 BC Bulletin for start location.
3000 BC Bulletin for core civilization
2000 BC Bulletin
1000 BC Bulletin
500 AD Bulletin
1000 AD Bulletin
1500 AD Bulletin
1600 AD Bulletin
1700 AD Bulletin
1800 AD Bulletin
1905 AD Bulletin

The invitees are selected based on the following

PBEM interest
sound CIV strategy without being civ-professionals
Consistent and entertaining posters
Great humor
Self detachment and irony
Could be an entertaining substitute for future DGs

I hope these gentlemen take up the glove.

Ok i will like to play, but first i have never play multiplayer at all. and second you guys will smash me. :)

Count me in. :D I am GMT +6.

While I would love to see it, I am not sure that Cyc will play. So I would also like to see an invite go out to Furiey and/or ravensfire if that happens. It goes without saying that these two possess the attributes listed in the first post, so why not? ;)

Nobody, you are free to get advise from people, and we will vote on the level.

Mostly, this is not a

"Civ-professional.parade-of-high-and-mighty-forum-experts-pissing-on-noobie-since they-got-this-Civ3site-reputation-game-where-they-show-off-in-order-to-get-praise-they-probably.do-not get-other-places-but-compensate-here-in-order-to-feel-better-than-others-with-mockery-and-self-gratification-on -the-menu" game.

I plan it more congenial, where the storytelling and entertainment skills are set in the forefront. Consider this game more like the entertainment industry, where some more nosy, picky and vinegar sour crowd are more in the chessplayers and micromanagement lounge of tile-usage supremacy. So, this is an ongoing interactive story played out in the Civ 3 arena, where we all write the story through our in-game actions and entertaining comments. This is why boring people are not invited.

I'm going to guess that my writing style is not enough RPG-ish for you. I know it can't possibly be the "civ professional" thing! :lol:

Good luck, but watch out for slow play, at least one of the invited is legendary for games that take month-long breaks. :rolleyes:

Sorry, Provo. I just saw this thread for the first time today. Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately, I only possess Vanilla Civ3 and swore never to buy another Sic Mieir's game, as I don't feel like cramming another video game box into my veins.

Wait a minute...I need another fix....Ahhh..there that's better. Now where was I?

Oh yeah. I would really love to play your game and feel honored that I was offered the chance, but I don't have MP capabilities. I've learned a lot from the DG Forums and feel I could give you guys a run for your money, but I am a backwards people (Technologically behind ya). Therefore, I must decline.

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

It doesn't mean you don't have to participate in the game directly, Cyc. :)

I know at least I'd love to hear your storytelling about this game. It'd make it all the more interesting (since, if things go as they are planned, it should be an entertaining read).

I am to include a set of PBEM specific rules, and see a way to include Cyc as a storyteller in the game, playing the global role of Pope, UN General Secretary and so on. Some neutral institutional role to add storytelling, as well as committing to give Cyc some information about the game to comment, but not disclose, could make some fun side remarks. I am all for Cycs comments here, they bring some great humor in.

BlackHole classical hero and Daveshack you have all good profiles in the DG.
However, this PBEM is focussed very much on various and entertaining commentaries, so I picked a variety of people across timezones etc.

I would be happy to participate in this game in the manner you propose. :)

If you'd like to supply enough information from the turns played so that I would be able to formulate some sort of storyline base, that would be great. I'm thinking all this should be done via PM, maybe even email. What do you think.

It is an honor to be nominated Historian (you pick the title), and the global role of Pope, UN Sec, whatever would be great as I would be detached from the game while still aware of the game as a whole.

I know provo :)
This will be interesting to watch with Cyc roleplaying Kopee Annan yelling at Bush ;)

Black_Hole said:
I know provo :)
This will be interesting to watch with Cyc roleplaying Kopee Annan yelling at Bush ;)

Who's gonna be a good Bush? ;)

Sorry for not responding sooner... Too busy between running this nation and trying to prepare to make Mods.

I haven't played Multiplayer either.

Hm... I'll have to think about this. While i haven't played Multiplayer before, PBEM does sound like an interesting manner. Again, going to have to think about this...

Oh, and I'm in the "Ten Counties that were forgotten by everyone but the Bushes in 2000." Meaning I'm in the Central Time Zone. (+6)

Provolution said:
Sir Donald III (Florida) GMT +5
Donovan Zoi (Chicago) GMT +6

FYI the US timezones are GMT minus -- EST is -5, CST is -6, MST is -7, PST is -8. In the summer these are shifted by one, to -4, -5, -6, -7 except for those places with no daylight savings time (Arizona for example does not need to save daylight, we have plenty thanks ;)

If you need someone to set up the game, I will volunteer to do that if you'll have me. :D

I think I can do this, on the condition that we wait until New Year's at least. (Still have the heavy Holiday Season for grocerries... plus I have to buy a car before...)

Top Bottom