1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Exotic Animals

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Mod Components' started by Zuul, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. Zuul

    Zuul Mod lister!

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,117
    Location:
    Sweden
    -----------------------
    Exotic Animals Mod v0.1
    by Zuul
    -----------------------
    http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/ExoticAnimals-0.1.zip



    Animal Units:
    -------------

    Lion 3/1
    Cave Lion 5/1
    Bengal Tiger 2/2
    Siberian Tiger 4/2
    Brown Bear 3/1
    Polar Bear 4/1
    Cave Bear 6/1
    Panter 2/2
    Cheetah 1/3
    Gray Wolf 1/2
    Dire Wolf 2/2


    Files:
    ------

    CustomAssets/Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/*.* (7 dds animal buttons)
    CustomAssets/Art/Units/*.* (9 animal Units)
    CustomAssets/Xml/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
    CustomAssets/Xml/Text/CIV4GameTextInfos_Objects.xml
    CustomAssets/Xml/Units/CIV4FormationInfos.xml
    CustomAssets/Xml/Units/CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml
    CustomAssets/Xml/Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml


    History:
    --------
    0.1 (06-01-31) - Initial release, 11 animal units.



    Future:
    -------

    More animal.
    Extra movement and extra defence in some terrains.
    Pack sizes.
    Dens.
    Pack features.


    Made by:
    --------
    Uthar


    Credits:
    --------

    Supa - for Tiger and Lioness.

    http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/ExoticAnimals-0.1.zip



    All animals (larger sized).
     
  2. TheLopez

    TheLopez Deity

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2006
    Messages:
    2,525
    Location:
    Oregon
    That is very neat Zuul, if I had a "super" mod I would add it in.

    :)
     
  3. Zuul

    Zuul Mod lister!

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,117
    Location:
    Sweden
    Thanks. Added a screen shot to first post. Just remembered that I made all the models larger on this version so I could better see the skins. Will soon release a normal sized version too.
     
  4. TheLopez

    TheLopez Deity

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2006
    Messages:
    2,525
    Location:
    Oregon
    Zuul,

    Here's an idea for an animal: rats.

    Before you roll your eyes, think about this, you could have rats move into a city and have them spread disease.

    What do you think?
     
  5. Zuul

    Zuul Mod lister!

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,117
    Location:
    Sweden
    I need the model first. I'm no 3d model maker.
     
  6. TheLopez

    TheLopez Deity

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2006
    Messages:
    2,525
    Location:
    Oregon
    Couldn't you use the wolf model, scale it down to be very small and reskin it?
     
  7. Zuul

    Zuul Mod lister!

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,117
    Location:
    Sweden
    Sorry but I don't beleave it will look even closely like a rat even if I did a perfect skin.
     
  8. Belizan

    Belizan Emperor

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2006
    Messages:
    1,060
    I think it would look close enough 8). Gear that other fellows wonderful work with unit formations to put 5 or more little figures in the unit. Could be pretty nice :)
     
  9. Leonel

    Leonel Breakfast Connoisseur

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2001
    Messages:
    10,348
    Location:
    Seattle, WA
    Is there a way to make these animals spawn and prefer specific tile types? You know, the polar bear on tundra and arctic tiles, wolves in forests grassland and plains?
     
  10. Zuul

    Zuul Mod lister!

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,117
    Location:
    Sweden
    Next version will include much better formations (and include young animals).


    They have preferd terrain/features you set. Don't know how well it works.
     
  11. [to_xp]Gekko

    [to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2005
    Messages:
    7,943
    Location:
    Seyda Neen, Vvardenfell
    cool, more beasts to kill :mischief: well done :)
     
  12. AcidSphinx

    AcidSphinx Chieftain

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2006
    Messages:
    32
    I got models for 3DS max, but I havn't figured out the import tools yet - anyhow - ty for the offer to use your stuff in my mod, I am downloading the file now to have a look, should come in handy since I can't reskin for the sake of the sun coming up in about another 30 minutes

    **EDIT** Out of curiousity - will I need to modify Python Files to put these into my mod, I am only real new to python, but am seeming to have a nack with it(after like fixing a billion errors)
     
  13. Zuul

    Zuul Mod lister!

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,117
    Location:
    Sweden
    No need to modify any python for this mod, just xml copy pasting.

    Not heard anyone be able to make new unit models yet.
     
  14. AcidSphinx

    AcidSphinx Chieftain

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2006
    Messages:
    32
    It can be done, check out the home page for civ fanatics, they hve the import tools posted there, but I havn't seen any new model as of yet, the tools have only been out a few days.
     
  15. Chuggi

    Chuggi Espada

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2007
    Messages:
    2,369
    Location:
    Australia
    Haha.. I like this but they would look a little funny with a huge barbarian flag overshadowing them.

    Little brown wolfs could look like rats lol, make them a group size of ten would be cool and make them squeak instead of howling. I'm not sure how the disease would work? kill off population or create fallout (plague death cloud) to make tiles unusable?
     
  16. tuckle2000

    tuckle2000 Chieftain

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Hi there,

    i am new to this forum and i'd like to ask how to install this features?

    thanks for all....
     
  17. Yakk

    Yakk Cheftan

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2006
    Messages:
    1,288
    Zuul, when I ported this to Warlords, I made some changes:
    Boosted the speed of Cheetahs to 4, and gave them a 90% withdrawl chance. With 1 combat strength, this makes them ... rather annoying.

    Gave Bengal Tigers an ignore terrain cost of 1, and a 75% withdrawl chance. They appear out of nowhere in the jungle and pounce!

    Gave most "fast and small" animals a withdrawl chance of 50% to 75%. Large cats and Dire Wolves got a withdrawl chance of 25%.

    Cave Bears got +25% hills attack/defence. Cave Lions got +50% hills attack.

    The Bengal Tiger and Bears gained the ability to use defensive bonuses.

    At least I think that is what I did...

    The changes are rolled into the Insane Barbarians mod.

    Upgraded the scout:
    1 first strike (spear thrower/bow)
    cannot capture cities, but can attack
    2 strength
    -50% against melee, archers and mounted.
    +50% against animals.

    This gives the scout a decent chance against the upgraded animals, and makes scout promotions more useful. A scout is now better than a warrior against animals, and slightly worse than an archer. Attacking with a scout is basically suicidal (they have an effective strength of 1), but they can defend against normal units if they have terrain on their side.
     
  18. Yakk

    Yakk Cheftan

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2006
    Messages:
    1,288
    Zuul, has this been updated for BTS? Or someone else make a similar mod?

    If not, I'm going to make a modular update at some point in order to roll it into my update of Warlords mods I used.
     
  19. Zuul

    Zuul Mod lister!

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,117
    Location:
    Sweden
    Yes someone else converted it and added alot more animals.
     
  20. Yakk

    Yakk Cheftan

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2006
    Messages:
    1,288

Share This Page