Polar Bear 4/1
Cave Bear 6/1
Panter 2/2
Cheetah 1/3
Gray Wolf 1/2
Dire Wolf 2/2

Files:
------

CustomAssets/Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/*.* (7 dds animal buttons)
CustomAssets/Art/Units/*.* (9 animal Units)
CustomAssets/Xml/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
CustomAssets/Xml/Text/CIV4GameTextInfos_Objects.xml
CustomAssets/Xml/Units/CIV4FormationInfos.xml
CustomAssets/Xml/Units/CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml
CustomAssets/Xml/Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml

History:
--------
0.1 (06-01-31) - Initial release, 11 animal units.

Future:
-------

More animal.
Extra movement and extra defence in some terrains.
Pack sizes.
Dens.
Pack features.

Made by:
--------
Uthar

Credits:
--------

Supa - for Tiger and Lioness.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/ExoticAnimals-0.1.zip

All animals (larger sized).

That is very neat Zuul, if I had a "super" mod I would add it in.

:)

Thanks. Added a screen shot to first post. Just remembered that I made all the models larger on this version so I could better see the skins. Will soon release a normal sized version too.

Zuul,

Here's an idea for an animal: rats.

Before you roll your eyes, think about this, you could have rats move into a city and have them spread disease.

What do you think?

Zuul said:
I need the model first. I'm no 3d model maker.

Couldn't you use the wolf model, scale it down to be very small and reskin it?

Sorry but I don't beleave it will look even closely like a rat even if I did a perfect skin.

Is there a way to make these animals spawn and prefer specific tile types? You know, the polar bear on tundra and arctic tiles, wolves in forests grassland and plains?

Belizan said:
Gear that other fellows wonderful work with unit formations to put 5 or more little figures in the unit. Could be pretty nice :)

Next version will include much better formations (and include young animals).

leonel said:
Is there a way to make these animals spawn and prefer specific tile types? You know, the polar bear on tundra and arctic tiles, wolves in forests grassland and plains?

They have preferd terrain/features you set. Don't know how well it works.

I got models for 3DS max, but I havn't figured out the import tools yet - anyhow - ty for the offer to use your stuff in my mod, I am downloading the file now to have a look, should come in handy since I can't reskin for the sake of the sun coming up in about another 30 minutes

**EDIT** Out of curiousity - will I need to modify Python Files to put these into my mod, I am only real new to python, but am seeming to have a nack with it(after like fixing a billion errors)

No need to modify any python for this mod, just xml copy pasting.

Not heard anyone be able to make new unit models yet.

Zuul,

Here's an idea for an animal: rats.

Before you roll your eyes, think about this, you could have rats move into a city and have them spread disease.

What do you think?

Haha.. I like this but they would look a little funny with a huge barbarian flag overshadowing them.

Little brown wolfs could look like rats lol, make them a group size of ten would be cool and make them squeak instead of howling. I'm not sure how the disease would work? kill off population or create fallout (plague death cloud) to make tiles unusable?

Hi there,

i am new to this forum and i'd like to ask how to install this features?

thanks for all....

Zuul, when I ported this to Warlords, I made some changes:
Boosted the speed of Cheetahs to 4, and gave them a 90% withdrawl chance. With 1 combat strength, this makes them ... rather annoying.

Gave Bengal Tigers an ignore terrain cost of 1, and a 75% withdrawl chance. They appear out of nowhere in the jungle and pounce!

Gave most "fast and small" animals a withdrawl chance of 50% to 75%. Large cats and Dire Wolves got a withdrawl chance of 25%.

Cave Bears got +25% hills attack/defence. Cave Lions got +50% hills attack.

The Bengal Tiger and Bears gained the ability to use defensive bonuses.

At least I think that is what I did...

The changes are rolled into the Insane Barbarians mod.

Upgraded the scout:
1 first strike (spear thrower/bow)
cannot capture cities, but can attack
2 strength
-50% against melee, archers and mounted.
+50% against animals.

This gives the scout a decent chance against the upgraded animals, and makes scout promotions more useful. A scout is now better than a warrior against animals, and slightly worse than an archer. Attacking with a scout is basically suicidal (they have an effective strength of 1), but they can defend against normal units if they have terrain on their side.

Zuul, has this been updated for BTS? Or someone else make a similar mod?

If not, I'm going to make a modular update at some point in order to roll it into my update of Warlords mods I used.

Top Bottom