Expansion Civs

READ POST FIRST: What 3 civs do you see also being in the expansion?

• Zulu

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • Babylonians

Votes: 69 65.7%
  • Turks/Ottomans

Votes: 58 55.2%
  • a North American native civ

Votes: 33 31.4%
  • Hebrews/Israel/or similar

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • Maya

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • Abyssinia

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • Portugal

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • an Asian nation

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 8 7.6%

• Total voters

sela1s1son

King
PLEASE vote for no more then 3

Sorry is this has been posted already, but I didn't see it. So what do you think or want the new civs to be? What do you think of the three we already know?

Of six new civs we know three:

Vikings
Gaul
Carthage

Civs from previous Vanilla incarnations are likely to be among the next three most likely. As well as civs people have been requesting for at least one or two Civ versions

Civs likely to be:

Zulu
(North American Natives aside from Aztecs)
Turks/Ottomans
Babylonians
Hebrews/Israel or similar
Abyssinia/Ethiopia

Civs from previous games that may not make it to Civ IV:

Hittites*
Byzantines**
Sumerians***
Holland****

*Hitties: Didn't seem to popular. Geography.
** Byzantines being Eastern Roman empire and occupying similar territory as Turks/Ottmans who are more popular.
***Sumerians because of similarites between Babylon and them, and Babylon being much more popular/known/entrenched in Civ.
**** Holland: No offense to my Dutch friends/fellow Civers, but it seems like that'd be "Europe Packing" which would leave to many European civs running around IMHO.

I vote for the Babylonians, Abyssinians, and Turks. Altough I would also like to see Khmer added into the game, but there are only three spots remaining.

Zulu, Babylonians, and Turks/Ottomans will probably be in Warlords along with the other 3.

AlCosta15 said:
Zulu, Babylonians, and Turks/Ottomans will probably be in Warlords along with the other 3.

I think that will likely be the case. I would like the Zulus, Babylonians, and Hebrews/Israelis/similar personally.

Zulu: I just miss them. They've always been there, and are just simply fun and cool. :) I also love the shields of the Impi. ;)

Babylonians: They should certainly be in it IMHO.

As for my other choice? Personal taste. Partially because Hebrew culture having ties to Judaism, and the religion of Judaism being in the game. Partially because I am fascinated by the history. Partially because they haven't been in it. Partially because I just darn well feel like it.

Turks/Ottmans and Abyssinia would likely be my runners up for preference.

Israelis, Ottomans & Babylonians.

I thought there would at least be 8 new civs....-.-

I would prefer to have the Abysinnians over the Zulu. I consider them to be a much more deserving civ. And didn't someone discover a bunch of concept art hidden in the game a while ago that included a Sumerian leaderhead? They would most likely get added in.

We'll probably see them, but i doubt theres so much pressure for them.

More people want to see Babylonians, Vikings & Turks if anything. Though i do agree that the Abyssinians/Ethiopians/Axumites should be in.

at the moment, turks have the lead :)
anyway, turks & babylonians seem to be "must have"s in the game.. other should be definitely an african civ, but i voted for abyssinians.. they are much more older than zulus, and have more impact on world history...

nebuchadnezzar said:
at the moment, turks have the lead :)
anyway, turks & babylonians seem to be "must have"s in the game.. other should be definitely an african civ, but i voted for abyssinians.. they are much more older than zulus, and have more impact on world history...

I would be suprised if the Turks/Ottomans and Babylonians/Sumerians/Assyrians weren't in the game. In fact, I would even be willing to bet money on the fact that they will be in it. Of course, I'm not going to ;)

I'm still surprised that with all it's history and impact on the world, and with the advent of religion, that Israel might not be in the expansion. Hmmm...i'm not going to lose hope, but if worst comes to worst, i at least expect to see them in the next expansion. X_X

Xineoph said:
I'm still surprised that with all it's history and impact on the world, and with the advent of religion, that Israel might not be in the expansion. Hmmm...i'm not going to lose hope, but if worst comes to worst, i at least expect to see them in the next expansion. X_X

I'm pretty new to Civ, Civ 4 being the first version I've played. How many expansions are there usually?

Turks are no thoughts. They have to be in the game!
Sumeria has already been started for the vanilla version, and was then kicked out (there was a thread on that sometimes ago), so I highly suspect them being in. Voted Babylonians for them too. I personally would favour the Assyrians though.
My third bet is the Koreans (voted Asians here), just because it's a modern country with quite a gaming capacity, nevertheless deserves the place and would be a non western/european/mediterannean civ.

I'd miss the Poles though here (instead of the Celts)....

mitsho

I voted Babylon/Israel/Abyssinia. I hoping that 12 more Greek Civs or leaders will be made in the Peloponessian Scenario and Alexander the Great Scenario. The language scripts are already in the game, except the Pontic Greeks have a different dialect, and so do the Arcadians and Cypriots.

Lord Gideon said:
I'm pretty new to Civ, Civ 4 being the first version I've played. How many expansions are there usually?

AFAIK Civilization I had none, unless you count Civnet.

Civ 2 has two expansions... although they were really scenario packs.

Civ 3 also had two.

I suspect two will likely be the case for Civ IV... maybe three if they do smaller ones.

The Asian civ would be Korea most likely, suprised it isn;t on the list

JtheJackal said:
The Asian civ would be Korea most likely, suprised it isn;t on the list

I'd agree that would be the case, and I almost made it simply Korea. However, it occured to me some people might want a Thai or Polynesian civ or something of that nature. So I left it a little more open.

Babylonian, Turks, and the Sumerians that were cut from the original release are my votes.

Top Bottom