Experiences With "Flavors"?

From looking through all of this, it appears that "flavors" might be marginally useful, not not what I would call game-breaking or even vital.

sorry for bumping.

i just wondering if anyone found something new about using that part of the edtor in a good way.

i find it realy hard to get information bout that stuff.

I am sure I might get flogged for an 8.5-year thread necromancy, but I've just (re)read all through this thread, and am wondering if anyone has tried anything similar to what I plan on doing for DR 2020 - Using Flavors to handle Religion. Basically, a generic tech like Polytheism or Monotheism will each allow multiple religious buildings, each flagged with its own unique flavor AND replaces other improvements with this flag. I am thinking/hoping that this will steer the AI to stick to their own native religion (and the replacement flag will prevent the human player from having a polytheistic city, though they could a nation).

With all the tests talked about in the wonderful thread, and I am sure in the millennia since, has anyone tested out these mechanics?

I am sure I might get flogged for an 8.5-year thread necromancy, but I've just (re)read all through this thread, and am wondering if anyone has tried anything similar to what I plan on doing for DR 2020 - Using Flavors to handle Religion. Basically, a generic tech like Polytheism or Monotheism will each allow multiple religious buildings, each flagged with its own unique flavor AND replaces other improvements with this flag. I am thinking/hoping that this will steer the AI to stick to their own native religion (and the replacement flag will prevent the human player from having a polytheistic city, though they could a nation).

With all the tests talked about in the wonderful thread, and I am sure in the millennia since, has anyone tested out these mechanics?

I'm planning to do the same thing you're describing, but with a fantasy mod. I will have techs called Good Gods, Neutral Gods, and Evil gods, which unlock Good, Neutral and Evil temples. I want each AI to ONLY choose to be good, neutral, or evil, but I want the player to have the freedom to choose, or even pick two or all three (they each give different benefits and will be mutually exclusive like power plants).

When I get more work done on my mod and start testing it, I will let you know what I find.

When I get more work done on my mod and start testing it, I will let you know what I find.

Much appreciated, and I will do the same!

Top Bottom