Extra Civs Pack

hukkak

Chieftain
This mod adds 20 civ's to the game. Each civ has a unique trait, unit and building.

Adds:
Dutch, Maya, Mongols, Zulu, Inca, Sumerians, Mughals, Holy Roman, Khmer, Sioux, Mali, Byzantine, Hittites, Harappan, Ethiopians, Assyria, Korea, Viking, Spain and Portugal

Feel free to edit and reuse any of this in any way you want.

Download Link
http://www.mediafire.com/?b8je59q89dksib8

When I use this mod, it only allows me to select new civs in the advanced setup screen. And if I go back from that, it crashes.

It worked for me at one point, but the newer versions haven't. Do these work for others?

The current one available from the mod area is v. 15

That is the one I have problems with. Are you going to upload the new version to teh ingame mod browser?

EDIT: This version ran fine for me. Thanks for the great work.

no for some reason i cant upload anymore to the online database in civ5, i think it has something to do with the size of the file.

That sucks. Can you turn it into Pack 1 and Pack 2?

It's a great mod.

Great variety of Civs for different playstyles with fitting and very well balanced boni and units :clap:

Two small suggestions:

1. A readme detailing the Civs and their unique traits would be helpful ( or did I just miss it ? )

2. For the Holy Roman Empire Constitutio Pacis or Landfriede may be the more suiting terms than Reichstag. In basic terms it was the predecessor of the monopoly on legitimate use of violence by the state we have in most modern societies today and that should suit the bonus perfectly. In the real world Reichstag the representatives of the cities were ignored for the most part.

I made some changes (improvements?) to your new Civ icons and have suggestions for changing the civ colors to match both the new icons and differentiate them more from other civs. The style of these graphics will put them more in line with the existing Civs.

Hukkak, if you want the original files (I haven't done anything to get these working in game) let me know. The only one I'm not happy with is Khmer. :(

An excellent addition. If he doesn't come back and update it, you should add it and release it :)

If he doesn't come back and update it, you should add it and release it

So, I was in the middle of doing that very thing (updating the XML for player colors) when Steam updated Civ. Now the mod does not seem to work.

It's loaded (v.16), and it shows up in the mod browser, but I don't see any of the new civs in the list. Can't get them to show up in WorldBuilder either, even though it recognizes the mod and shows it as loaded.

Anyone else having this problem? This just occurred in the last half hour, so I haven't tried reinstalling the mod or anything yet.

I don't have any new patches right now, just checked. Either way, I'm happy you're loading the new mod, and hope it works. :)

I loaded the v15 mod from in-game. It was successful, and the new patch feature of telling me I can only have one version of the same mod worked--I could only have v15 or v16 enabled, not both. However, neither of them actually add any civs to the drop down menu when setting up a new game.

I'd like for someone else to confirm similar behavior before I start looking for a solution to this. Also, any suggestions on where to start looking would be awesome. I have NO idea at this point.

TypoTX,

I haven't tried this mod specifically, but I am having a similar issue to you with the Spanish and Carthage civ mods. I install and enable both mods but when I start a game, neither civ shows up in the Choose Civs list. I am almost certain that there is some sort of problem with the new patch and mods.

I downloaded the Queen of Iceni pack and it also does not work. I don't have any mods loaded other than additional civ mods, so I don't know if the mod incompatibility is across the board (units, gameplay, rules, etc). I haven't seen much discussion in other threads other than the occasional "mods don't work" but it's still early. I'm sure others will start to raise red flags. I wonder if starting a new civ from scratch would isolate where the problem is?

Also, and this is weird, in WorldBuilder, while I can't load any new civilizations--none appear in the list of civs to choose--I DO see the player colors and names in the color drop down.

I am almost certain that there is some sort of problem with the new patch and mods.

I agree.

Im not sure if i just dont understand how to work em, or if somethings wrong.

I downloaded the one mentioned in this thread, and a couple other extra civ ones.

When i go to set up my game, the list of available civs is a lot longer, roughly how long i would expect it to be if all the civs were loaded. But they are all named the same as the already existing civs. Thinking that maybe thats just how theyre labeled until you get into the game, i checked off all ones that should have corresponded to new civs, but they were just the same ones that came with the game.

Am i loading them wrong or something? I checked them off in the installed mod screen

Am i loading them wrong or something? I checked them off in the installed mod screen

Are you using the new patch that was released today? If so, I'm pretty sure you are doing it right. The mods appear to be broken, at least in regard to mods that add new civs.

The new patch seems to not like new civs. I am reading that any saves that have the Babylonians from the deluxe version won't even open new saves from the game (whether the Babylonians are actually in the game or not). When I try to load a save that used the Extra Civs mod (which Civ says is installed and enabled) it crashes to desktop.

Top Bottom