Extra Civs Pack

I have tried both version 15 and 16 of Hukkak's Extra Civ Pack separately and with no other mods and with patch 1.0.0.62 and it appears the extra civs are broken.

Unit banner icons are missing. City banners are corrupted showing a mess of icons including the bombardment icon, an empty garrison icons and no city name. City and diplomacy screens for the civ are inaccessible by some methods and when accessed by other means show corrupted production queues in the case of cities and no interaction buttons in the case of diplomacy.

I have tried TypoTXs fix above but this has had no effect but then i don't think it was intended to address this issue.

Is anyone else having this issue or does anyone have any idea what might be causing it?

yep ive got the same problems as above, no idea as to why. do any other civs or civ packs work on the new patch?

Many of the civ mods were broken by the new patch, but some of us have revised our mods to take out the offending code. Those mods that still have the broke code won't load properly. Hopefully, a new version of this mod will be forthcoming and resolve the problems.

The biggest problem in the mod is that all the civs use the <Civilopedia> line still...

By removing that line, the mod works mostly correctly. Still a few civs come up funky, but I think that's the icons being a PITA. I haven't looked at it in depth.

But the original modder should take care of this, or come around and let people know they're welcome to if s/he doesn't have time.

There's a lot of good civ's in this pack, hate to see em fade away from lack of modder interest. :(

I made some changes (improvements?) to your new Civ icons and have suggestions for changing the civ colors to match both the new icons and differentiate them more from other civs. The style of these graphics will put them more in line with the existing Civs.

Hukkak, if you want the original files (I haven't done anything to get these working in game) let me know. The only one I'm not happy with is Khmer. :(

is this included already?

ReQuest - I don't believe they are...

But if I can, I'd love to use some of these in the TC I'm working on... and maybe convince you to make some more for me, these are fantastic!

(I'm planning on adding 20 civs, and you've got 4 or 5 of them already in your group above!)

ReQuest - I don't believe they are...

But if I can, I'd love to use some of these in the TC I'm working on... and maybe convince you to make some more for me, these are fantastic!

(I'm planning on adding 20 civs, and you've got 4 or 5 of them already in your group above!)

Edit: Hell, I might just add all the rest from Huk into mine just to make sure you're fantastic work sees the light of day! (so to speak :))

Would be delighted if you could do that Mynex, I'm having the same problem as hoojah-moolah and al-rashid above, would love to have all these Civs playable!

This is clearly an orphaned project; I don't think the creator would mind if someone adopted it with due credit.

(someone HAS to do it)

I've got Hukkak's Extra Civs Pack up and running on the latest version of Civ5. Since I had only the mod pack, I made all my fixes/changes manually instead of through ModBuddy. I've left the same name, but upped the version to 17. I haven't done extensive testing to make sure every Unit or Building override works properly as my main goal was just to get it to load properly.

- Manually fixed to work with CIV5 1.0.1.167.

- Removed Mongol since it is in free DLC.

- Implemented the awesome icon graphics and color suggestions from TypoTX (still needs a little cleanup).

- Renamed conflicting City State names.

- Renamed some conflicting new Civ City names.

- Summarized the Civs in the description

http://home.pcisys.net/~sean/civ5

ModBuddy doesn't seem to have any way to automatically import a mod pack, and I didn't feel like doing that tedious work quite yet. I'm planning on making this back into a ModBuddy project with some more cleanup, modular civs so they can be easily disabled, and updates for the new leader traits. It would be great if a strategic thinker out there could come up with reasonable values for <Loyalty>, <Neediness>, <Forgiveness>, <Chattiness>, and <Meanness>.

Here are the summaries of the 19 Civilizations included:

Assyria (Ashurbanipal) - Fertile Crescent Warriors: Double gold from plundering barbarian encampments, 20 % combat bonus during golden ages. Assyrian Bowman replaces Archer - 1 Extra range damage and improved healing rate. Karum replaces Market - 10 % food bonus on top of regular market's 25 % gold increase.

Byzantine (Justinian) - Holy Crusaders: 25 % chance to convert land barbarians and gain a small amount of culture from all kills. Cataphract replaces Knight - 2 extra strength and earns extra experience from offensive attacks. Hippodrome replaces Stable - Gives a culture bonus and a larger increase to mounted unit production.

Dutch (Willem Von Oranje) - World Traders: Double quantities of spices, ivory, dye, pearls, and furs. Naval units gain extra sight II. Fluyts replace Frigate - Can enter rival territory and 7 moves per turn. Dutch Watermill replaces Watermill - Costs no maintenance and builds faster than a watermill.

Ethiopia (Haile Selassie) - Cradle of Mankind: Cities produce buildings 10 % faster if the capitol has already built one and +2 culture from strategic resources. Oromo Warrior replaces Musketman - Builds much faster and ignores terrain movement cost. Stele replaces Monument - Double the culture bonus of normal monument.

Harappan (Madaragavan) - Blessing of the Indus Valley: 5 % bonus to food and production in all cities, and 25 % less unhappiness from population. Harappan Swordsman replaces Swordsman - Slightly stronger and has a small bonus vs mounted units. Harappan Library replaces Library - Costs no gold maintenance and gives more science bonus.

Hittite (Suppiluliuma) - Anatolian Defenders: 15 % great scientist generation and free promotion Homelands(15% friendly lands bonus) to all archer, gun, and helicopter units. Hittite War Chariot replaces Archer - Slightly stronger, takes less production, extra sight I, and small bonus vs mounted units. Iron Forge replaces Forge - 10 % bonus to food production on top of the regular forge bonus.

Holy Roman (Charlemagne) - The Reichstag: 20 % reduction to unhappiness penalty from number of cities, and +15 % combat experience for all units. Teutonic Knight replaces Knight - Has 2 extra strength and starts with Pious promotion (healing bonus). Rathaus replaces Castle - Gives a defensive bonus and 20 % increase to culture.

Inca (Huayna Capac) - Glory of Init: 10% wonder production bonus, and recieve a free great engineer upon discovery of astronomy. Huaracas replace Archers - Has 2 more combat strength and ranged strength than an archer and ignores terrain cost. Terrace replaces Barracks - Gives 2 bonus to food and culture.

Khmer (Jayavarman II) - Spiritual Architecture: 25 % bonus to great person generation, and 10 % bonus to production in all cities. Ballista Elephant replaces Chariot Archer - Has 1 extra range and extra sight I. Baray replaces Granary - Only gives a +1 bonus to food but gives +1 culture and +15 % food yield. Costs more gold than a regular granary.

Korea (Wang Kon) - Ancient Scholars: 20 % great people production and +2 science from strategic resources. Hwacha replaces Catapult - 2 Extra range damage and 1 extra movement. Seowon replaces University - 60 % science bonus and +2 science from jungle tiles.

Mali (Mansa Musa) - Desert Fortunes: +1 gold from all trade routes, and +2 gold from all strategic resources. Skirmisher replaces Spearman - Bonus to defending and +1 healing inside friendly terrain. Mali Forge replaces Forge - 15 % bonus to land unit production, and 10 % bonus to gold.

Maya (Pacal) - Jungle Fervor: All cities gain 10 % science bonus and strategic resources give a 2 science bonus. Holkans replace Spearman - Double movement in forest/jungle tiles and partially heals on an enemy kill. Ball Court replaces Colosseum - Costs slightly less maintenance while granting the same 4 happiness bonus and an additional 2 culture.

Mughal (Akbar) - Imperial Dynasty: 20% improvement to city-state bonuses and relations, and 5 % gold bonus to all cities. Mughal War Elephant replaces Knight - Has 3 extra strength and starts with 10 % bonus to city attack. Mughal Garden replaces Garden - Gives only 15 % great person production bonus but also gives a 15 % bonus to plot culture costs and an extra great artist slot.

Portugal (Henry the Navigator) - Age of Discovery. +30 % golden age duration, 10 % reduction in plot buying costs, and free great merchant with discovery of navigation. Carrack replaces Caravel - Has 2 extra strength, 1 extra movement. Feitoria replaces Market - 10% more gold bonus than a market, and has a small defense bonus.

Sioux (Sitting Bull) - Lakota Revenge: Receive a free great general upon discovery of horseback riding. +10 % great general bonus/rate, 10 % policy cost reduction. Lakota Rider replaces Cavalry - Has 1 extra strength and ignores terrain cost. Totem replaces Monument - +2 culture and +10 experience to all units.

Spain (Isabella) - The Spanish Armada: 10 % great general production, embarked units can defend themselves, and 33 % chance to convert sea barbarians. Conquistador replaces Cavalry - 20 % attack bonus in rough terrain. Citadel replaces Castle - 25 % more defense bonus than a regular castle.

Sumeria (Gilgamesh) - Dawn of Agriculture: 15% food yield bonus in all cities. Vultures replace warriors. Starts with extra sight I and 30 % open terrain bonus. Ziggurat replaces Temple - Gives a 15 % bonus to great person production.

Viking (Harald Hardrada) - Seafaring Warriors: All combat units start with amphibious and 25 % chance to convert sea barbarians. Berserker replaces Swordsman - 30 % attack bonus against cities. Trading Post replaces Harbor - Slightly higher naval production bonus and only costs 1 gold maintenance.

Zulu (Shaka Zulu) - Warriors of the Sky: Melee, mounted, and archer units do extra damage against wounded enemies. Impi replace Spearman - moves and heals faster than regular spearman. Ikhanda replaces Barracks - Costs slightly more to build, but grants 1 production bonus and 20 unit experience instead of 15.

I'm afraid I need some help with this. I installed v16 via the ingame Mod Downloader, installed it but when I want to set up a game selecting this mod I cannot select the new civilizations in the "Set up game" menu. The scroll bar seems to have vanished so I can only select the 5 civ's on top of the list, the rest is unreachable for me. Can anyone help me out please?!

I'm afraid I need some help with this. I installed v16 via the ingame Mod Downloader, installed it but when I want to set up a game selecting this mod I cannot select the new civilizations in the "Set up game" menu. The scroll bar seems to have vanished so I can only select the 5 civ's on top of the list, the rest is unreachable for me. Can anyone help me out please?!

Both version 15 (on the Mod browser) and Version 16 (from the thread link) are broken. You will need to download my version 17 to your MODS directory and unpack.

Will this mod conflict with Spain/Inca DLC?

It might, I suppose. Do you have that DLC? Would you test whether there is an issue? It would be interesting to know which Spain or Inca show up as playable; or whether the whole thing collapses when both the Hukkuk extra Civ pack and the Spain/Inca DLC are included.

Remember, you'll need my version of Hukkuk's as his original versions 15 and 16 do not work anyway.

Top Bottom