1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ExtraModMod

Discussion in 'More Naval AI Modmod' started by Terkhen, Jan 19, 2013.

1. False Dead

False Dead Chieftain

So if they had access they would use it? Guess I will have to gift them one each and train replacements.

That said maybe access to or consideration of terraforming tools needs to be improved somehow

2. kvaak

kvaak Chieftain

Ran into a crash, this time while taunting with Harlequins. Unfortunately I can't provide logs since the game blocks the "create a dump?" window and I can't figure out how to bypass it. Got a save though (just move the stack inside CoE territory next to the city and cast Taunt with all three Harlequins).

Sadly you can't gift (and gifting is prone to crashing for some reason) Archmages or other limited units. Adepts with Scorch/Spring should work though.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  3. Kapor

Kapor Chieftain

Thank you for the mod!

Played it yesterday in LAN, worked great!
    Question: Will you eventually implement separate barbarian civs? (Demons, barbarians, animals...?)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  4. Jojo_Fr

Jojo_Fr Prince

I got a question about the spells :

- There are spell where we don't have any precise techniqual description. For exemple, the labyrinth spell. What does it do exactly ? Very nice spell, but it does no effect it seems.

5. Terkhen

Terkhen King

Thank you for the report! I tried to do what you mention in 0.5.2 and I did not get a crash.

It's good to hear that! :)

That was the plan, but lately I am having less and less time to use on this project, and multibarb would definitely take a long time.

Create labyrinth says that it creates a labyrinth in the tile, and you can click on the link to find what the labyrinth terrain feature does.

6. Kapor

Kapor Chieftain

I played Extramodmod in the last few days with my friend. First game worked great until the very end, when we started experiencing constant OOS issues every few turns.
    In out second game (Illian OOS), entering city view of Tolero causes OOS. I suppose it has something to do with either city overlap with capital or with temple of hand.

In second save (Kuriotate OOS, I'm Kuriotate, other player Illian) I have no idea what causes it, it happens every few turns, but randomly.

Attached Files:

7. Terkhen

Terkhen King

8. Kapor

Kapor Chieftain

EDIT: it's 0.5.1.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  9. Lorak

Lorak Chieftain

Heya!

First I wanna say thanks to Tholal and Terkhen and everyone who helps keep Fall From Heaven 2 the best strategy game I have ever played.

I have a question about the Erebus_mst map script, and why it takes so much longer to generate a map than the regular Erebus map script included in More Naval AI.

I just ran a test to compare the two... I always play FFH2 with a Huge map, 30 players, because I like very large, long games. I understand this comes with some loading time, but the time for Erebus_mst is borderline ridiculous. Anyway, here is what I got...

When creating a new game with regular Erebus map script, it takes my computer approximately 19 seconds with a Huge map and 30 players.

When creating a new game with Erebus_mst, it takes (no exaggeration) roughly 20 MINUTES to make a Huge map with 30 players.

Now... Normally I would not complain about waiting 20 minutes to start a game of FFH because I love the game enough, the wait is definitely worth it but... I play a lot of multiplayer, and we tend to start over when one of us dies, so if we have a streak of bad luck, that can add up to a lot of waiting. I was just wondering if there might be something wrong with the Erebus_mst map script that could be causing this, or is it so much more complicated, that such a huge difference in loading time is expected?

I know the obvious answer is "Just use the regular Erebus map script" but the problem is I -really- like the option to remove a certain percentage of the mountains in the Erebus_mst map script, since that allows for removing the dead ends and being trapped with only one way to go that tends to happen with the regular Erebus script.

EDIT: I just did a test with a Large map, and it only took about a minute and a half, which is much more acceptable. I feel like Huge taking 19 minutes longer should not be happening, because a Huge map is not -that- much larger, is it?

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    DarkLunaPhantom likes this.
  10. Terkhen

Terkhen King

Hi Lorak! Thank you for the kind words.

Erebus_mst takes *some* more time to execute than the normal Erebus mapscript because it is doing a lot of additional operations. Beautifying rivers and mountains, adding city ruins, etcetera. Therefore it is normal that it takes a bit more time. The times you are getting are definitely not normal though. These are my results:

With erebus_mst on huge: 32s
    With erebus_mst on large: 21s
    With erebus on huge: 9s
    With erebus on large: 6s

Given how map generation (and any computer program in general) work, if you are using a slower computer than mine we could expect that everything is going to be slower, but also that erebus_mst would still take about 4 times more seconds to run than normal erebus.

But according to your results, erebus_mst is taking about 60 times more second to run than normal erebus, so there must be something else going on here. I am going to need more information to figure out what, though.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? What are your time results? Thank you!

11. DarkLunaPhantom

DarkLunaPhantom Prince Supporter

I have a somewhat similar experience with erebus_mst. I can post more details (options I use and time required) later, but I would say that it takes a couple of minutes for huge map. And I think that I have a fast computer.

12. morchuflex

morchuflex Emperor

Possible bug : strange blockaded areas.

Hello.

I've been playing EMM for a few month with great pleasure, but I've stumbled several times on something puzzling: some water areas become "blockaded" (greyed out and unworkable from a city), following a 3x3 tile pattern, just as if there were a ship performing a blockade mission... Except that there's no unit at all at the center of the blockaded area, even when I open WorldBuilder. And once blockaded, the area remains so until the end of the game.
    If it's a feature, I can't understand it.
    Any help? I have a save if needed.

13. fe79

fe79 Chieftain

That sounds like this known bug in MNAI. It is fixed in v2.7, but it seems that the latest version of ExtraModMod (v0.5.2) is based on MNAI v2.62.

14. Terkhen

Terkhen King

Thank you guys for the report and for letting me know that it's fixed in MNAI! The next beta version is going to include the latest version of MNAI (at the point of release) so that should take care of this bug :)

spaceman98 likes this.
  15. youtien

youtien Lyricist

Just want to say I love this mod, and glad to see it's still updating.

swapoer and DarkLunaPhantom like this.
  16. morchuflex

morchuflex Emperor

Hello.
    Do you know where I can find the result probabilities for raiding a barrow, a dungeon, a ship wreck, or ruins? I've looked through XML files but can't find them. I'm asking because I never, ever seem to get a favorable result.
    Thanks in advance.

17. Terkhen

Terkhen King

Youtien: Thank you for the kind words! :)

Morchuflex: The result of exploration is not fixed. It depends on the level and strength of the unit doing the exploration, certain promotions (such as Courage, Morale or Bounty Hunter) and other factors. At some point we talked about adding an entry explaining this feature in detail in the Concepts Civilopedia section but it didn't get done. I'll look into writing some description for 0.6.0.

DizzKneeLand33 likes this.
  18. morchuflex

morchuflex Emperor

Terkhen, thanks a lot for the answer.

19. Teskal

Teskal Chieftain

Only what I found out so far is how to reduce the chance to get bigbad, bad and neutral goodies. In the python files. It looks like the XML files are not used for goodies. But that is not really what I want.

From the cvspellinterface.py:
    Code:
    def spellExploreLair(caster):
        pPlot = caster.plot()
        iRnd = CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "Explore Lair") + caster.getLevel()
        iDestroyLair = 0
        if iRnd < 1:
            iDestroyLair = cf.exploreLairBigBad(caster)
        if iRnd >= 1 and iRnd < 2:
            iDestroyLair = cf.exploreLairBad(caster)
        if iRnd >= 2 and iRnd < 10:
            iDestroyLair = cf.exploreLairNeutral(caster)
        if iRnd >= 11 and iRnd < 70:
            iDestroyLair = cf.exploreLairGood(caster)
        if iRnd >= 70:
            iDestroyLair = cf.exploreLairBigGood(caster)
        if iDestroyLair > CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "Explore Lair"):

Chances are (if there is no other modification):
    Bigbad 0% (because <1)
    Bad 2% (because >=1 and <2)
    Neutral 8% (because >=2 and <10)

In the moment I'm looking if I can just remove some results (or decrease the chance) and change the chance of destroying a lair (ruin,...).

It would be cool to heal negative effects in a town, not depending on buildings or tech.

20. Sarmatian

Sarmatian Chieftain

Great to see the best submod for the best mod of the best strategy game is still being actively developed. Congrats Terkhen! :)

Can someone explain a bit better the part how to get EMM working in multiplayer over the internet?